I'm a new player of AWD. I bought the game months ago, and although I like the game a lot, I never had enough time to really invest myself into it. I wasn't in the mood either to read a manual of 180 pages again, since I also own the previous title of WaW.
Recently, while I was thinking why I had so much difficulties in my previous games of WaW with the Japaneses and how I should play them, I finally decided to read and play the AWD version. I have questions about how behave damaged units in the combat phases compared to the original WaW.
After reading the manual, my understanding about damaged and destroyed units is this:
* Damaged or destroyed units fire back to unit in the current phase (if they're allowed).
* Damaged or destroyed units move to next combat phases and fire (if they're allowed).
* Attacking units that are damaged or destroyed in air vs ground or range 3 or 2 (bombardment, I guess), move to next phases but do not fire back (damaged units can be destroyed though).
1) Is it only attacking units that do not fire back after bombardment?
2) Can defending units that have been bombarded fire back and move to next phases?
3) In the previous WaW, damaged planes did not move to next phases when damaged by AA fires. Is this rule still exist or has it been replaced by Suppression Fire (i.e. they will move to next phase but with a negative combat modifier due to suppression)?
< Message edited by macob30 -- 11/17/2008 9:32:28 PM >