Matrix Games Forums

Buzz Aldrins Space Program Manager is now available!Space Program Manager gets mini-site and Twitch SessionBuzz Aldrin: Ask Me Anything (AMA) on redditDeal of the week Fantasy Kommander: Eukarion WarsSpace Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Name This AE...108

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Name This AE...108 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Name This AE...108 - 10/17/2008 7:31:30 PM   
Brady

???

Beta Team Member for:

WPO
PC
CF
AE
WiTE

Obi-wan Kenobi said it best: A lot of the reality we perceive depends on our point of view
Post #: 1
RE: Name This AE...108 - 10/17/2008 7:51:38 PM   
Vampir

Soryu carrier superstructure

Model photos:
http://www.bismarck-class.dk/shipmodels/building_articles/ijn_soryu_waldorf/ijn_soryu_waldorf_part_7.html
http://www.h3.dion.ne.jp/~mokei/e-gallery-soryu.htm

More info:
http://www.combinedfleet.com/soryu_c.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_aircraft_carrier_Sōryū
http://www.nauticos.com/midway/IJNwreckanalysis-soryu.htm
http://www.ww2db.com/ship_spec.php?ship_id=11
http://www.hazegray.org/navhist/carriers/ijn_cv.htm#sory
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/japan/soryu-cv-schem.htm
http://www.michael-reimer.com/CFS2/CFS2_Profiles/PTO_IJN_Aircraft_%5BCV%20SORYU%5D.html

http://www.answers.com/topic/battle-of-midway

Guns: 12.7 cm/40 (5") Type 88 or 12.7 cm/40 (5") Type 89

Source:
http://www.navweaps.com/Weapons/WNJAP_5-40_t89.htm
http://www.combinedfleet.com/127_40.htm
http://www.ijn.dreamhost.com/Guns/Guns%205%20inch%2040%20caliber%20Type%2089%20(1929).htm

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Vampir -- 10/17/2008 8:57:23 PM >

(in reply to Brady)
Post #: 2
RE: Name This AE...108 - 10/18/2008 2:10:07 AM   
Brady

Soryu, it is

12.7 cm/40 (5") Type 89, it is

< Message edited by Brady -- 10/18/2008 2:11:20 AM >

Beta Team Member for:

WPO
PC
CF
AE
WiTE

Obi-wan Kenobi said it best: A lot of the reality we perceive depends on our point of view

(in reply to Vampir)
Post #: 3
RE: Name This AE...108 - 10/18/2008 4:09:52 AM   
Q-Ball

A little slow there Vampir, 20 minutes that time.

Maybe you should let others have a try!!!!

(in reply to Brady)
Post #: 4
RE: Name This AE...108 - 10/18/2008 10:12:48 AM   
Terminus

And stop all the cut and pasting, and millions of links posted. Be subtle for Heaven's sake, the other approach doesn't impress anybody.

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to Q-Ball)
Post #: 5
RE: Name This AE...108 - 10/18/2008 10:30:04 AM   
Vampir

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

And stop all the cut and pasting, and millions of links posted. Be subtle for Heaven's sake, the other approach doesn't impress anybody.

No links? No info? No cut and pasting? OK, as you wish master of history knowledge...

< Message edited by Vampir -- 10/18/2008 7:19:21 PM >

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 6
RE: Name This AE...108 - 10/18/2008 9:44:12 PM   
Whipple

quote:

I appreciate those who show the references to back up their postions. Helps filter out the WAG's and sometimes I find new places to explore.

Whipple

MMCS(SW/AW) 1981-2001
1981 RTC, SD
81-82 NPS, Orlando
82-85 NPTU, Idaho Falls
85-90 USS Truxtun (CGN-35)
90-93 USS George Washington (CVN-73)
93-96 NFAS Orlando
96-01 Navsea-08/Naval Reactors

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 7
RE: Name This AE...108 - 10/18/2008 10:32:55 PM   
castor troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vampir

quote:

No links? No info? No cut and pasting? OK, as you wish master of history knowledge...

donīt give a damn on what spammi is posting. Heīs just not happy that he isnīt the one who can come up with his knowledge of everything because the pics are identified faster.

(in reply to Vampir)
Post #: 8
RE: Name This AE...108 - 10/18/2008 11:25:01 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: castor troy

quote:

quote:

donīt give a damn on what spammi is posting. Heīs just not happy that he isnīt the one who can come up with his knowledge of everything because the pics are identified faster.

I agree with others , Vampir , keep up your references. You may not impress T , but you do me. You are backing up what you say, providing raw and expanded data for anyone that wants it , and I applaud you for it. While I can understand T's position and respect his opion , I'm afraid that I disagree with it. Castor Troy , while I agree with you in principal , your mannerisms in conveying your opion leave a lot to be desired. Exactly what part of the "No personal attacks rule " don't you understand?

"Geezerhood is a state of mind, attained by being largely out of yours". AW1Steve

"Quit whining and play the game. Or go home". My 7th grade baseball coach. It applies well to WITP AE players.

(in reply to castor troy)
Post #: 9
RE: Name This AE...108 - 10/19/2008 12:30:27 AM   
Splinterhead

opion? twice? Typo or Freudian slip?

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 10
RE: Name This AE...108 - 10/19/2008 1:01:38 AM   
AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: Splinterhead

opion? twice? Typo or Freudian slip?

Same word , used in two different sentences, for two different persons. If I have violated a rule of grammar , I apologize, but I'm not sure where you mean Splinterhead. Could you please be more specific? Thanks in advance.

"Geezerhood is a state of mind, attained by being largely out of yours". AW1Steve

"Quit whining and play the game. Or go home". My 7th grade baseball coach. It applies well to WITP AE players.

(in reply to Splinterhead)
Post #: 11
RE: Name This AE...108 - 10/19/2008 1:32:55 AM   
ilovestrategy

I like the links Vamp, I could spend hours looking through that stuff! 

Edit: I was just checking all those model shots. The level of detail is amazing!

< Message edited by ilovestrategy -- 10/19/2008 1:38:20 AM >

After 16 years, Civ II still has me in it's clutches LOL!!!
Now CIV IV has me in it's evil clutches!

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 12
RE: Name This AE...108 - 10/19/2008 8:01:58 AM   
Vampir

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

quote:

I agree with others , Vampir , keep up your references. You may not impress T , but you do me. You are backing up what you say, providing raw and expanded data for anyone that wants it , and I applaud you for it. While I can understand T's position and respect his opion , I'm afraid that I disagree with it. Castor Troy , while I agree with you in principal , your mannerisms in conveying your opion leave a lot to be desired. Exactly what part of the "No personal attacks rule " don't you understand?

Thanks for reply for all!!!

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 13
RE: Name This AE...108 - 10/19/2008 12:10:32 PM   
castor troy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

this "no personal attacks rule" never existed for Mr. numero uno spammer and there are at least a thousand posts with personal attacks against forum member A-Z. While this is and has been tolerated by the forum responsibles I wonder why everyone else should be nice and friendly.

And oh, it was a very nice post that "ordered" Vampir to stop posting his links... But as those kinds of posts are usual for this appreciated forum member it seems that other people are already used to it.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 14
RE: Name This AE...108 - 10/19/2008 12:29:14 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

this "no personal attacks rule" never existed for Mr. numero uno spammer and there are at least a thousand posts with personal attacks against forum member A-Z. While this is and has been tolerated by the forum responsibles I wonder why everyone else should be nice and friendly.

And oh, it was a very nice post that "ordered" Vampir to stop posting his links... But as those kinds of posts are usual for this appreciated forum member it seems that other people are already used to it.

The Mod's have spoken to T , as have many of the rest of us. You can certainly chatise T if you think he has been out of line (as I did you). But you don't have to be personal about it. A gentlemen can always deal with those who offend him without lowering himself . Try acting in an adult manner with your complaint, and you might see that others support you. When you act like a petulant child, the only people who support you are other petulant children. As far as I'm concereed , you have defended your actions with the "he did it first, no one stopped him defense", which is standard tactics for any five year old. From other post that you have made , I know you to be an intelligent , articulate and knowledgable individual. You should use your abilities accordingly and you might find out that you have more than a few people who agree with and support you. But making personal attacks will NOT gain you any friends and may very well get you suspended. At very least it will get this thread locked.

If you wish to discuss this further , I invite you and everyone else concerned to PM me, and discuss this matter like reasonable adults.

(in reply to castor troy)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Name This AE...108 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI