Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers required
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

"Listing Mod" (to make units list in scenario editor better). _And some fixes_...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Panzer Command: Kharkov >> Maps, Models and Mods >> "Listing Mod" (to make units list in scenario editor better). _And some fixes_... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
"Listing Mod" (to make units list in scenario... - 10/13/2008 11:55:27 PM   
spellir74

I have renamed some unit XML file names (externally) of the stock game (and ultimately user modded game) for myself in such a way that the units list 'better' in the scenario editor and the Armour and Inf folders. I now present them to you for your approval.

Haven't all of you been cross-eyed by the way "late" versions of vehicles list before earlier versions in the scenario editor (eg "Xx_ late 44" comes before "Xx_ 44")? And they are not listed in vehicle type catagories, making it difficult to find them when applying them to scenarios.

What I've done is very cool to me: I like things organized for quick intellectual digestion. (I am a list-er and organizer by nature. Organized brain-folder scheme is one reason I'm smart [the other is congenital hyper nervous system]. I make things easier to lay into memory in my world.)

But I don't know if everyone else will like it since it systemically overwrites many stock files (but doesn't change game play). It is a good concept-- If not my scheme, someone's listing scheme should be used! I like the way it looks and works in the Scenario Editor.

Also I fixed certain things ("Sdk250, Wespe, Hummel Fix" --see 4th post below).

===================
Listing Mod --Armour

-Changed name of files only (_not name IN file_).

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: "Listing Mod" (to make units list in scen... - 10/13/2008 11:56:14 PM   
spellir74

Russian ScrSht

Attachment (1)

(in reply to spellir74)
Post #: 2
RE: "Listing Mod" (to make units list in scen... - 10/13/2008 11:57:13 PM   
spellir74

Listing Mod --Infantry

-Changed name of files only (_not name IN file_).

(Note by dates in the ScrnShot that I have incidentally installed files: Mraah's "Pioneers w/satchel charge". The "Listing Mod" does not include those; they are just in the SShots here.)

Note that most of 'my' organizing scheme was started by stock PzC.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by spellir74 -- 10/15/2008 3:35:42 PM >

(in reply to spellir74)
Post #: 3
RE: "Listing Mod" (to make units list in scen... - 10/14/2008 12:00:04 AM   
spellir74

===================
-User Mods: I rename if necessary. (And I re-save as-is to make the date more recent than stock files where necessary. This allows one to find post-stock additions more easily.)

-Captured or Allied mod tanks at bottom of list. (The joy of Z.)

--------
--------
"Sdk250, Wespe, Hummel Fix"~

~Fixed stock 'sdk 250': image in scenario editor didn't show the available summer paint; now it does.

~Fixed 'Wespe': stock PzC had it listed as indirect; changed to "assault gun" (only choice...), "OpenTop". Note it is not an assault gun; it is Self Propelled Field Artillery. But PzC only allows for "assault gun"(?).

~Fixed "150mm SP Artillery" stock image to a "Hummel" image: it was a 'wespe' image in PzC:K stock.

Note that both wespe and Hummel are given by PzC stock multiple times in different ways. ...As indirect "SP Artillery [gauge type]" (but not dilineated in PzC by nicknames "Hummel" and "Wespe"), and also as assault guns _as their nicknames (Hummel and Wespe)_. (I would not use these vulnerable --eg tall profile, thin, unwieldy-- vehicles as assault guns. They are simply motorized to keep up with their motorized divisions as Field Artillery (in rear). [There might have been exceptions.] SP Infantry Guns and assault guns and some PzJg were the close support non-tank vehicles; SP Field Guns weren't.)

====================
@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#

What do you all think of this "listing Mod" (and Fix)? I, no matter what, will still use it in my world --'cause I can trust me... But Will you all really replace all your stock files with these?!...

I have not found any issues with externally renaming the files. But if anyone knows something about this that I don't tell me here.

-----------------
I listed things so...

For Germans:

`Air
`Field Guns
`werfer
`ATG
`SP ATG
`Tank
`Carriers/SP ATG/Assault guns
`Assualt Gun/destroyer
`SP Inf Gun
`back to Feld Geshutz (SP) at top.
`Captured [non stock]

````
For Russians, I know less about tactics:

`Air
`Field Gun
`Rocket /mortar
`ATG
`Light Vehicles
`Tanks
`Heavy Tanks
`SP. Guns (destroyers, Assualt Guns etc)
`Lend Lease.

---------
Here is the "Listing Mod" Zip...

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by spellir74 -- 10/17/2008 12:14:04 AM >

(in reply to spellir74)
Post #: 4
RE: "Listing Mod" (to make units list in scen... - 10/14/2008 12:03:03 AM   
spellir74

Here is Just the "Sdk250, Wespe, Hummel Fix", if you want to check it out...

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by spellir74 -- 10/17/2008 12:15:00 AM >

(in reply to spellir74)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Panzer Command: Kharkov >> Maps, Models and Mods >> "Listing Mod" (to make units list in scenario editor better). _And some fixes_... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI