Matrix Games Forums

Buzz Aldrins Space Program Manager is now available!Space Program Manager gets mini-site and Twitch SessionBuzz Aldrin: Ask Me Anything (AMA) on redditDeal of the week Fantasy Kommander: Eukarion WarsSpace Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Is there a way to get the 1.04 patch without using "update' button

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Is there a way to get the 1.04 patch without using "update' button Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Is there a way to get the 1.04 patch without using &quo... - 10/9/2008 2:20:57 AM   
big dawg

This has just not been my week.

I (re)installed JTCS and was attempting to update it using the update button. It is not downloading or if it is downloading it is too slow.

I have a good connection & I recall the download taking 5 minutes. I am 30 min into this & I figure something is wrong.

Is there another way to get it?
Post #: 1
RE: Is there a way to get the 1.04 patch without using ... - 10/9/2008 2:27:33 AM   
junk2drive

I had no problem when 1.04 became official using the link on the home page in the news section.

However I have had to get a ftp program to download some things lately. I don't know if Windows update has caused a tighter security or ???? I keep getting a time out error even though it shows 99% complete.

You may have to get a download manager. Someone may recommend a free one.

(in reply to big dawg)
Post #: 2
RE: Is there a way to get the 1.04 patch without using ... - 10/9/2008 2:33:30 AM   
big dawg

Hi Paul.

It started working after 20 min or so.

Thanks for the suggestion.

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 3
RE: Is there a way to get the 1.04 patch without using ... - 10/9/2008 8:57:59 AM   
berto

I block all ftp traffic at the firewall, so the update button doesn't work for me.

Using a special computer that is not firewalled and is specifically devoted to ftp file transfers (among other purposes), I visit and download updates from Matrix' Latest Downloads page, then copy it over to my game computer for manual installation. (The files at the Latest Downloads page are self-extracting game-update executables.)

Early MusiChicago, http://earlymusichicago.org
PIKT, http://pikt.org
Campaign Series Lead Programmer, http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=226
AGElint debugging toolkit, http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2978333

(in reply to big dawg)
Post #: 4
RE: Is there a way to get the 1.04 patch without using ... - 10/10/2008 1:16:02 AM   
big dawg

Good info.

Many thanks.

(in reply to berto)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Is there a way to get the 1.04 patch without using "update' button Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI