Matrix Games Forums

New information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

PBEM

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Commander - Napoleon at War >> Tech Support >> PBEM Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
PBEM - 10/7/2008 12:43:59 PM   
luisito1234

A friend of mine and myself have bought the CNAW to play PBEM between us. Nevertheless, when we sent the fisrt turn to the another, the following message appears: "Exception, the file could not be loaded". I can see the file (so I have saved it in the correct place), but I cannot open it. We have tried it several times and changing the order (sometimes I start the game and send the file and sometimes my friend send me the initial turn).

Has anyone had the same problem? Does anyone know how to fix it?
Thanks

PPinos
Post #: 1
RE: PBEM - 10/10/2008 11:56:17 AM   
luisito1234

Any comment?? I have actually bought the game to play PBEM......

(in reply to luisito1234)
Post #: 2
RE: PBEM - 10/10/2008 12:45:43 PM   
Erik Rutins

I forwarded this to the developer, hopefully we can figure out what might be causing this. Did you perchance also play CEAW and did you have any similar problems there? The PBEM system is effectively the same one and has been working fine for some time.

Does the game start and then crash when you try to load the file or does it crash when starting before you load the file?

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 3
RE: PBEM - 10/10/2008 1:19:55 PM   
Iain McNeil

Hi Luisito - you posted this on our forum too and we're responding to you over there Luisito. Johan asked for a saved game and you sent it to him and he is investigating - http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8397. I dont think it will help to try and keep two tech support threads on the same subject alive on different forums.

Iain McNeil
Director
Slitherine Software
Website http://www.slitherine.com

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 4
RE: PBEM - 10/13/2008 11:37:01 AM   
luisito1234

Erik,

Yes. I have been playing PBEM with CEAW with no problems around. With respect to CNAW, I select multiplayer option and then PBEM. I can see the PBEM file, but when I try to load it, the following message apperars: "Exception, the file could not be loaded" and then I come back to the main menu.

Maybe the reason (although I cannot understand why) is the fact that my friend bought the CNAW in the slitherine website and I bought it from the matrixgames website............. the only true thing is the fact that I cannot load PBEM files sent from my friend and my friend is unable to load my PBEM files. HELP !!

Post #: 5
RE: PBEM - 10/13/2008 11:39:03 AM   
luisito1234

Iain,

You are OK, but I bought the game two weeks ago and I am still waiting for a solution!!!!! Its suppose that when you buy a game, all the features have to work properly......

Post #: 6
PBEM - 10/13/2008 1:57:17 PM   
balto

You sure the file from your friend is *.data file. Meaning he either sent the wrong file or he zipped it and you did not realize the file you downloaded is zipped?

Or have him send the turn to me and you give me your password and I will tell you if I can see it (send IM).

Just a thought.

Post #: 7
RE: PBEM - 10/13/2008 3:50:08 PM   
Iain McNeil

Hi Luisoto,

sorry you are having trouble, but the feature work fine (as far as know!) for everyone else which makes it hard to work out why it doesnt work for you. It's either a machine specific issue or user error. We're assuming it's not user error as I'm sure you've tried all the sensible things, which makes it machine specific and thats a nightmare to fix as unless we can repeat it how can we go about fixing it.

Even if we did know how to fix it we could not make a patch just for you. Patches need to be created carefully and fully tested so we would not be able to fix it instantly. Johan has a list of issues he's looking at and this is one of them. Until he's dealt with all we wont be doign a patch - it's just not logistcally possible. 

Iain McNeil
Director
Slitherine Software
Website http://www.slitherine.com

(in reply to balto)
Post #: 8
RE: PBEM - 10/13/2008 3:59:28 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi Luisoto,

In case this is some kind of unusual build-related issue, we're working with Johan to compare our build with Slitherine's to see if there's anything there that might cause this. As far as we know, they are identical, but we're checking.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Iain McNeil)
Post #: 9
RE: PBEM - 10/13/2008 5:39:48 PM   
luisito1234

Erik,

Can you please give your email address in order to send you the PBEM file sent by my friend (he bought the slitherine version and I have the matrixgames one)? Maybe is the only way to check what´s happening.....

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 10
RE: PBEM - 10/15/2008 9:48:54 AM   
luisito1234

Erik,

Did you check the file that I sent?? Did you check it in a slitherine version?? Did it work?Regards

Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Commander - Napoleon at War >> Tech Support >> PBEM Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI