First game as Central Powers

Adanac's Strategic level World War I grand campaign game designed by Frank Hunter

Moderator: SeanD

JBa

First game as Central Powers

Post by JBa »

First game as Central Powers, Paris has fallen Lyon, Lille, Djon, Verdun, all the Border forts on the French Frontier. How much more until France surrenders. Russians are pressing heavy on Berlin need the troops freed up
ILCK

RE: First game as Central Powers

Post by ILCK »

In my last game I think it took 4 or 5 turns after Paris fell for France to fall.
EdinHouston

Post by EdinHouston »

I started a thread a few weeks ago about what it takes to make France fall.

Basically, if you have the towns in the NE of France and the border forts, France should surrender the turn after they lose Paris. There is a one turn delay as the TE is given a turn to recapture their capital. So if the Germans capture Paris in Mar/Apr 1915, France wouldnt surrender until the Jul/Aug strategic phase. Now if Italy enters the war before then, that would give France a morale boost and may prevent the surrender; it would depend on the exact morale numbers based on the towns lost and French troop losses.

But the bottom line is that if Paris falls, its very likely that France falls, assuming the Germans have captured the other towns in the east and NE of France that you would expect them to capture if the French have been forced back to Paris.
ILCK

Post by ILCK »

..and in my game I'd not taken the border forts so I had to go for the knockout by taking Lyon and Orleans.

Return to “Guns of August 1914 - 1918”