Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

First game as Central Powers

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Guns of August 1914 - 1918 >> First game as Central Powers Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
First game as Central Powers - 9/27/2008 11:07:50 AM   
JBa

First game as Central Powers, Paris has fallen Lyon, Lille, Djon, Verdun, all the Border forts on the French Frontier. How much more until France surrenders. Russians are pressing heavy on Berlin need the troops freed up
Post #: 1
RE: First game as Central Powers - 9/27/2008 1:36:05 PM   
ILCK

In my last game I think it took 4 or 5 turns after Paris fell for France to fall.

(in reply to JBa)
Post #: 2
RE: First game as Central Powers - 9/27/2008 2:54:50 PM   
EdinHouston

I started a thread a few weeks ago about what it takes to make France fall.

Basically, if you have the towns in the NE of France and the border forts, France should surrender the turn after they lose Paris. There is a one turn delay as the TE is given a turn to recapture their capital. So if the Germans capture Paris in Mar/Apr 1915, France wouldnt surrender until the Jul/Aug strategic phase. Now if Italy enters the war before then, that would give France a morale boost and may prevent the surrender; it would depend on the exact morale numbers based on the towns lost and French troop losses.

But the bottom line is that if Paris falls, its very likely that France falls, assuming the Germans have captured the other towns in the east and NE of France that you would expect them to capture if the French have been forced back to Paris.

< Message edited by EdinHouston -- 9/27/2008 2:55:29 PM >

(in reply to JBa)
Post #: 3
RE: First game as Central Powers - 9/28/2008 1:38:21 AM   
ILCK

..and in my game I'd not taken the border forts so I had to go for the knockout by taking Lyon and Orleans.

(in reply to EdinHouston)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Guns of August 1914 - 1918 >> First game as Central Powers Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI