Matrix Games Forums

Community impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes Another update for Commander: The Great War!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Russian Production Question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Guns of August 1914 - 1918 >> Russian Production Question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Russian Production Question - 9/26/2008 12:10:31 AM   
Harrybanana

Can someone (probably Frank) explain to me how Russian production works. What I mean by this is that for most countries total production (assuming sufficient resources) appears to be its industry (which as understand is it's factories X 2)mutliplied by its Production efficiency (or what ever it is called I don't have my manual with me). For example for Britain if it's industry is 16 and it's efficency is 61% it will produce 10 build points. My Russian Industry is 10 and my efficency is 45%, so I would expect to receive 4 or 5 build points but I in fact only get 2. Is there a reason for this? Is Russian Production calculated differently than everyone else? I am running a food shortage in Russia of 3 per turn, does this starvation somehow affect production?
Post #: 1
RE: Russian Production Question - 9/26/2008 12:48:34 AM   
JBa

The food starvation is affecting the economic points output.
Production will be limited to a fraction of the food requirement you meet, assuming you have sufficient raw material.
10 Russian industry with national industrial multiplier of 45% equals 4.5
If Russians foods requirements are 11 and there is deficit of 3, will be running at 8/11=72% of full capacity. So the 4.5 industry point multiplied by 72%. With rounding down of numbers for purposes of calculations will result in the 2 economic points you are receiving

From manual
"Lets say there are 12 industry in Germany and a national industrial multiplier of 50%.
That equals 6. Germany needs 10 food, lets assume only are 8 available. So the 6 industry are multiplied by 80% (80% due to food shortage, 8 divided by 10 is 80%), and the result is 4.
Germany should be able to produce 4 economic points but lets assume there are only 3 raw materials in Germany so industrial production drops to 3 and so Germany receives 3 economic points.

< Message edited by JBa -- 9/26/2008 1:08:03 AM >

(in reply to Harrybanana)
Post #: 2
RE: Russian Production Question - 9/26/2008 7:20:29 PM   
Harrybanana

Thanks JBA. I gotta read that manual again, and more carefully.

(in reply to JBa)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Guns of August 1914 - 1918 >> Russian Production Question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI