Matrix Games Forums

Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets huge update and a Steam release!Battle Academy 2 opens up a new front!Flashpoint Campaigns Featured on weekly Streaming SessionFrontline: The Longest Day - New Screenshots!Deal of the Week: Hannibal Rome and CarthageFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets Players Edition!To End All Wars gets its first major patch! Hell is now available!War in the West Wacht am Rhein AAR Deal of the Week Panzer Corps: Allied Corps
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

What will happen to British-French units in Russian hexes ceded to the Central Powers_

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Guns of August 1914 - 1918 >> What will happen to British-French units in Russian hexes ceded to the Central Powers_ Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What will happen to British-French units in Russian hex... - 9/13/2008 6:16:08 PM   
ulver

What will happen to British-French units in Russian hexes ceded to the Central Powers when Russia surrenders?

In my current game I have to face that Russia may eventually go under – would it be possible for the Entente to retain control of hexes in Russia that the Russians cede at the peace of Brest-Litovsk by putting British units in said hexes? I control Eastern Anatolia with the Entente and have lines of communication to both India and Egypt – could I retain control of the Oil fields around Tbilis by putting allied units there?

For a really ambitious plan would it be possible to maintain Entente control of the Ukraine by putting a line of British corps due south of Kiev to the black sea and a British/French/Italian unit in every Russian city South-East of said line scheduled to be ceded to the Central Powers when Russia surrenders? This obviously would require that Eastern Anatolia and the Middle East is Entente controlled

Would leaving an HQ or Art in said Russian cities work as well?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ulver -- 9/13/2008 8:37:40 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: What will happen to British-French units in Russian... - 9/14/2008 4:27:44 AM   
FrankHunter

quote:

What will happen to British-French units in Russian hexes ceded to the Central Powers when Russia surrenders?

They should be moved to the nearest friendly hexes outside of Russia not needing sea transport.

I don't believe you can control anything in Russia with British-French units if Russia surrenders the way you have been able to in the past with Ottoman, Italian or Austrian territory.

(in reply to ulver)
Post #: 2
RE: What will happen to British-French units in Russian... - 9/14/2008 6:58:19 AM   
ulver

Are you sure? Has this changed? I definitely remember British unit getting stuck in Hexes that are part of Greater Germany in the East when Russia surrenders

I suppose it depends on the order checks are made. Are units removed from Russia before borders are changed or after? If after a lot of previous Russian hexes are suddenly German and the Entente units occupying them should be able to take control. That is what happened last time I had British units on the East front and Russia surrendered – units were removed from that remained Russian but not hexes that became part of Germany.

(in reply to FrankHunter)
Post #: 3
RE: What will happen to British-French units in Russian... - 9/14/2008 7:05:20 AM   
FrankHunter

I had assumed the hexes were in Russia,

quote:

units were removed from what remained Russian but not hexes that became part of Germany.

That should still occur.

(in reply to ulver)
Post #: 4
RE: What will happen to British-French units in Russian... - 9/14/2008 7:32:06 AM   
ulver

No the question was about the “Entente to retain control of hexes in Russia that the Russians cede at the peace of Brest-Litovsk

So assume the Entente controls the Middle East and Eastern Anatolia – thus having lines of communication into Southern Russia - could they retain control of the Ukraine as outlined above? By putting a line of corps from Kiev to the Black Sea and a unit in every city behind said line that become CP controlled with the peace treaty?

Assume things looks something like this when Russia makes peace:

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ulver -- 9/14/2008 9:00:21 AM >

(in reply to FrankHunter)
Post #: 5
Western Allied occupation of the Ukraine - 9/15/2008 2:22:20 PM   
ulver

Well, it worked as hoped.

Frank, is this intentional or a bug? I suppose that it makes sense in a way – Russia surrenders and cede the Ukraine to the Germans.

The one million men British/French/Italian expeditionary force in the Ukraine, however, has no intention of just handing it over and might well be supported by the local Ukrainian Authorities who are not all that endeared by the idea of a being plundered by the Germans

On the other hand it might be considered an exploit of the new rules of capturing isolated hexes behind the front.

My opponent was gracious enough to call it clever lateral thinking rather then a gamy exploit but it seems excessive to force the Germans to expend a huge number of offensive points to size a Ukraine the Western Allies essentially get for free.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ulver -- 9/15/2008 5:20:24 PM >

(in reply to ulver)
Post #: 6
RE: Western Allied occupation of the Ukraine - 9/15/2008 4:54:26 PM   
FrankHunter

It should go the same as France. Let's say France falls leaving British troops in the area that's handed over to the Germans. In that case the Brits stay put. The same should apply to Russia although I never played with large British and French forces in Russia.

(in reply to ulver)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Guns of August 1914 - 1918 >> What will happen to British-French units in Russian hexes ceded to the Central Powers_ Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI