Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Why lock down threads

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support >> Why lock down threads Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Why lock down threads - 9/7/2008 7:02:19 AM   
barker

Why is it when there is a differing opinion of the select few a thread gets locked down? I had some very legitimate questions and I had no response from Matrix. The process I went through is this:

1. Posted Concern. (No Response)
2. Emailed Tech Support (Matrix) No Response
3. Emailed Tech Support again (Matrix) No Response
4. Created a questions and submitted questions through the Members page (No Response)
5. Submitted questions again no response
6. Posted to the Forums area No Responsse
7. Posted another on forums no response till Deputy answered
8. Voiced opinions that were opposite of the powers that be
9. Thread got locked (A few threadds)

Now this is the basic process I went through and the thread got locked.

Is this right to do when you go through the process and recieve no help from Matrix
Post #: 1
RE: Why lock down threads - 9/7/2008 3:54:25 PM   
jchastain

I suspect they were locked because they were inflamatory and tended to shed more heat than light. 

(in reply to barker)
Post #: 2
RE: Why lock down threads - 9/7/2008 9:21:21 PM   
Warhorse

Yeah, they're probably just as tired as hearing the same BS from the same two people as well, I'de lock it down too.

Mike

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue

(in reply to jchastain)
Post #: 3
RE: Why lock down threads - 9/7/2008 9:26:53 PM   
barker

well I am glad your not the key master....maybe a good suggestion would be to have a venting thread? That way people can say what they wish....unless it is specific to a thread point. You may seem it as BS but to me it is an issue. Now if you had an issue with a store where they did you like this what would you do? eat the cost? Rollover and say I'm sorry I impeded into the realm of the haves...I am a have not and I am sorry sir...may I have another...I am not that way. Have you ever been passionate about an item or an idea? I have no problem with these threads...I have seen worse and on other game threads there are people that actually listen to your concern not just say it is BS or stupid or even ignorant.

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 4
RE: Why lock down threads - 9/8/2008 1:14:17 AM   
tide1212

Barker......Nevermind it won't make any difference   Keep on tripping dude

Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori

(in reply to barker)
Post #: 5
RE: Why lock down threads - 9/8/2008 7:12:48 AM   
barker

actually i am noy here to please anyone ot be politically correct....I am a consumer and this consumer got kied to on a product descrition sheet, I got intentionally decieved so a company recieve paymant. I am given the run around by bon Matrix employess. Yhis game is noy a classic, you cannot moddify it, it is not vista compatible,

porducts out of the box:
1. works with the OS without modifying the desktop
2. Graphic display shoould be checked and verified on unstall
3. should be able to load game and all content from the startup program that initialies game.
4. The should be no install error
5. a detail FAQ available for consumer information
6. Non employees making decisions for a company's consumer base that should not be....if they want to do that then it should be a separate entity and seen as such
7. when requesting company tech support you actually get it

This is the only area on the Matrix forums that do this.....

(in reply to tide1212)
Post #: 6
RE: Why lock down threads - 9/8/2008 1:10:52 PM   
barker

well i believe it underlined some content areas that really need to be looked at by matrix

(in reply to jchastain)
Post #: 7
RE: Why lock down threads - 9/8/2008 8:55:12 PM   
MrRoadrunner

Thus, it is locked and not deleted?
You can read what was written but, the forum moderator believed that enough was said and repetition was only causing grief and further animosity?

Just my take on it. Posts can be read over and over. Unless someone needs clarification of something that was written, or the poster thinks that he was not understood, what point is the constant repetition?
We've all gone through the "Daddy are we there yet?" question from that cute little thing in the backseat that started asking the question when we pulled out of the driveway and continued to ask every three minutes until we finished our three hour drive!

When the judge says, "asked and answered, move on" you move on?
Though you don't have to move on if the baliff or a visitor says to move on?

RR

“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

(in reply to barker)
Post #: 8
RE: Why lock down threads - 9/8/2008 9:00:39 PM   
MrRoadrunner

And then there is this:

If you agree to abide by our rules below and the Terms of Use which can be found at http://www.matrixgames.com/termsofuse.asp, please click on the Forum Agreement box and then press the Ok button, which will enable you to register on this message board. If you do not agree to these terms, press the Cancel button.
This message board is where gamers can feel free to exchange ideas and communicate directly with Matrix Games and its developers. You will find Matrix Games and its developers to be very hands on to answer your questions, give support and discuss your ideas for our products or just to chat.
In order to keep this a place for all of us to enjoy and for you to participant on our message board we must layout a few rules and policies.
Matrix Games is solely responsible for creating, hosting, and maintaining this message board. This is a private board and shall not be used for anyone personal causes.
Matrix Games.com reserves the right to ban any person from this message board which it has determined to be in violation or simply just for the good of the overall community. Matrix Games also reserves the right to delete or remove any post on our message board.
Bearing that in mind, all Members must agree to follow these simple rules:

• No foul language or any type of language that would be consider abusive this includes any materials which are knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, sexual oriented, vulgar, obscene, hateful, harassing, profane, racist, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or that otherwise violates any local, state, national or international law or regulation.
  • No posting of any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by yourself or one of Matrix Games, its developers, or its agents.
  • No multiple message board accounts by a single person are prohibited.
  • No blatant advertisements for non-Matrix Games products, schemes, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also prohibited from this message board. Users are allowed to include a web site address in a signature, request comments on their personal site in a social setting, or provide an interesting or relevant link to another site.
  • No Trolling. Trolling is whenever someone is clearly, deliberately posting in a manner for the purpose of angering and/or insulting the other participants of the message board. Trolling could be directed towards one user or a group of users. Trolling DOES NOT encourage further discussion; it only encourages personal attacks and will not be tolerated.
  • No Copyright Infringement posts. We do not permit the posting of information that will enable other people to use pirated software or to evade the copyright laws. Please DO NOT post serial numbers or CD keys, copyrighted media or links to sites that contain file-sharing software or such information.
    No rude or disrespectful posts to or about any forum moderators or Matrix Games Staff. We will not tolerate any forum member acting in this manner.
    Matrix Games will maintain a high-level decency standard on our message board.
    Legal Disclaimer
    Matrix Games does not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of Matrix Games or any entity associated with it. Members remain solely responsible for the content of their messages, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless this Matrix Games, and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of messages. Matrix Games also reserves the right to reveal Member identities and / or recent activities.
    Revised: November 01, 2005.

“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”

(in reply to MrRoadrunner)
  • Post #: 9
    RE: Why lock down threads - 9/8/2008 10:03:12 PM   
    barker

What did I say that was non accurate?

Post #: 10
    RE: Why lock down threads - 9/8/2008 10:40:16 PM   
    MrRoadrunner

I'm not questioning your accuracy.
    I was just pointing out the rules and the reasons why a thread gets locked.

That was your initial question?

RR

(in reply to barker)
    Post #: 11
    RE: Why lock down threads - 9/8/2008 10:43:12 PM   
    barker

Ok thank you RR I appreciate...I did not defame anyone....so what was the cause? since your the expert and I am not

Post #: 12
    RE: Why lock down threads - 9/8/2008 10:44:31 PM   
    barker

Was my mentioning of a AGEOD product or the FoF thread out of the scope?

(in reply to barker)
    Post #: 13
    RE: Why lock down threads - 9/8/2008 10:56:22 PM   
    MrRoadrunner

"Matrix Games.com reserves the right to ban any person from this message board which it has determined to be in violation or simply just for the good of the overall community. Matrix Games also reserves the right to delete or remove any post on our message board."

"No Trolling. Trolling is whenever someone is clearly, deliberately posting in a manner for the purpose of angering and/or insulting the other participants of the message board. Trolling could be directed towards one user or a group of users. Trolling DOES NOT encourage further discussion; it only encourages personal attacks and will not be tolerated."

This is their broad brush. I think it covers it more than any rules lawyer could?
    We can consider ourselves lucky that they felt the thread only warranted having it locked and not banning the posters?  

And, please. I am only offering opinion. I'm not here to cross verbal swords over words and their meanings. If you do not understand why and want only to argue every last "t" and "i", or where a period is placed, I cannot help you. Nor, will I engage in those kind of discussions.

I already said that I support your right to post what you believe. I also support the Moderator for enforcing the rules as he sees fit.

If you want to joust with me? Sorry to tell you, I have no dog in this fight. I'm only a movie maker!

RR

(in reply to barker)
    Post #: 14
    RE: Why lock down threads - 9/8/2008 11:02:54 PM   
    1925frank

quote:

ORIGINAL: MrRoadrunner

I'm only a movie maker!

RR

And a darn good one at that!

Post #: 15
    RE: Why lock down threads - 9/8/2008 11:09:40 PM   
    barker

No Joust RR at all I just wanted to clarify in my mind is all.....I ain't the ahrpest tool in the shed nor the bluntest nail....I can agree with you that Matrix has the right to pull anyone or anything off of their web site if those generalities are met....I am glad that they allowed me to post my adament opinions is all...

(in reply to 1925frank)
    Post #: 16
    RE: Why lock down threads - 9/8/2008 11:26:04 PM   
    MrRoadrunner

Honestly Barker, it is my experience that Matrix, Jason and the moderators have been very lenient and fair. They also have more patience than a hospital. I'm just an average "Joe". I do not claim any intelligence in advance of any other "bloke".
    I just know that was true with me and my version 1.03 meltdown.  Most of the crew was more than helpful, when they should have just told me to "shove off".

Sometimes words tell a story that only has to be told once? It can stand on it's own.
    If they seem to not get it or their answers need to be clarified you sometimes have to state your case again in a different way? Just repeating the lines may not be as effective.

RR

(in reply to barker)
    Post #: 17
    RE: Why lock down threads - 9/9/2008 12:07:58 AM   
    barker

True that is why I posted in a different thread about a standard complaint or rev thread....where that would be the place to levy any such issuses...did you read that thread

Post #: 18
    RE: Why lock down threads - 9/9/2008 1:09:41 AM   
    MrRoadrunner

Barker, my friend, I read them all.

RR

(in reply to barker)
    Post #: 19
    RE: Why lock down threads - 9/9/2008 7:12:16 AM   
    barker

thank you...

Post #: 20
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support >> Why lock down threads Page: [1]
    Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI