From: Zalom, Poland
And these were the actions that finally broke the paper facade of Japanese forces :(
I have asked zeke to accept my unconditional surrender.
As it was my first game I have seen for some time already as weak my defence is. I have made several mistakes that made the current situation catastrohic. As I remember them:
1. My drive into India was way too slow. I must yet learn how to conquer India swiftly even accepting reasonable loses. The point is as I have noticed, that India must be cleared with just 2-4 divisions left there at bottlenecks with 1-2 wings for occasional training of new types of planes.
My prolonged stay there resulted in about 10 divisions, 12 air wings and lot of supplies/fuel burned.
2. My drive into Australia was too deep. Although quite swift I had no divisions and made a mistake of leaving one base in a chain w/o any defence. Zeke exploited this and cut me in one swift move.
3. My drive for Espiritu Santo - I should either go decesively against all 3 islands (Efata, New Caledonia) or skip them altogether, because at some point I realised I have no troops to continue my attack. I should have pulled back and consolidated especially that.........
4. .... i have ignored Port Moresby and not taken it. Then along with Milne Bay which I finally conquered they were pain in the a**.
5. Having my forces soo stretched I was unable to counter zeke's moves to bypass my main bases and isolate them. Now I have no resources or fuel to conduct any operation of re-capturing bases which I was able to do when zeke was assaulting Maoletjap and those bases.
6. Conservation of fuel in this scenario is crucial as I see. I have played game against Rybka and it seems the scenario (Rising Sun?) from the front page where you choose them is a little bit different, so I got a cold showe from the very beginning with my production constantly with asterix '*'.
As I see and zeke pointed, I should have more concentrated on a defence "line" or groups of islands that I would be able to supply or base my defence on. Now I have no reserves in LU or AIR so zeke having isolated my major bases can continue and get all Indochina and Philiphines within 3 months at max and make invasion on Japan at 06.44.
So, I would like to congratulate my opponent and thank him for the lesson I got. I initially intended to see what it would be in '44 with new units, kamikaze, okhas etc, but as I see it now with the current state I woun't be able to use this in any way.
Therefore having respect for zeke's time in doing moves I proposed to save his next few months of making and sending moves and consequently proposed my surrender now.
I shall make screenshots of loses so far and map status.