Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: 1.03 and 1.04 status

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Empire in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> RE: 1.03 and 1.04 status Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 1.03 and 1.04 status - 9/12/2008 12:51:56 PM   
pzgndr

The new bug tracker post IS stickied at the top of the Tech Support forum. I've added it to my Favorites list so I can check it easily and see what's happening.

quote:

I say this would help a lot in showing those infidels that Ellis is working a lot on the game.

Yeah, I wish the infidels would check the list first before whining about stuff. The game doesn't have THIS or doesn't do THAT, yada yada yada. WE KNOW THAT. Throwing a hissy-fit won't get those items worked off the list any faster, and whining about the same things over and over and over is nuts. Good thing is that there IS a bug tracker list, it IS being worked off, and the game IS improving with every update. I'd like to have more done sooner as much as the next guy, but hey I've worked in code development myself and know the painful realities of what Marshall is dealing with. And as a one-man shop, I can appreciate what he's doing.

IF possible, it would be nice to see beta releases more often. Maybe Matrix can streamline their process for betas? I understand having a higher QA process for the official releases, but unofficial releases could maybe be faster.

(in reply to GShock)
Post #: 31
RE: 1.03 and 1.04 status - 9/12/2008 1:20:52 PM   
GShock

You could use a 15-day period for public beta release after 7 days of internal tests and yes matrix are terrible with the NDAs but that's the way it is. On the other hand, i'd really love to start playing this...I understand real bugs come first but am surprised Ellis didnt call for a team of "privateers" to begin rebuilding the manual and issuing video tutorials. If you check the "WHEN" thread on WiF you'll see my post asking the very same things and you'll see they have them all on schedule (in due time: Release date speculated around march 2k9 so useless to work on that now bc many things could change).

(in reply to pzgndr)
Post #: 32
RE: 1.03 and 1.04 status - 9/12/2008 3:10:38 PM   
Marshall Ellis

I honestly haven't thought much in the manual area. I'm sure there is much to be done in the video tutorial area but Matrix has doine some good stuff in this are on the game page! Is there anyone who wants to add some edits to the manual?
contact me at marshalle@matrixgames.com

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

(in reply to GShock)
Post #: 33
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Empire in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> RE: 1.03 and 1.04 status Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI