Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Panzer Wars vs Panzer Command ... Urban Combat

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Panzer Command: Kharkov >> Panzer Wars vs Panzer Command ... Urban Combat Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Panzer Wars vs Panzer Command ... Urban Combat - 8/17/2008 9:30:43 PM   
Mraah

Mobius,

Yesterday I was reading your PW rules and tables and it seems there are more rules in PW than in PC. I can only think that if they continue with PC that they might begin to include more of those rules.

I was wondering if your PW table top games had any full Urban Combat rules. I couldn't find any.

Also, I was considering adding fragmentation grenades to squads. We had this discussion a long time ago with my satchel charge mod but this is a different look at it. When I read the Kharkov manual, p.55 about the HE shells that penetrate buildings with a 20% chance that it will negate the cover it made me think that a good grenade toss through a window or a door would be interesting to model under the same conditions. The only problem I see is that a hand grenade would be so small it really wouldn't offer that much of a change from the normal KP used now within 30 meters. I've looked at using the 7 stick bundle to simulate 7 grenades being tossed into the building but that might be overkill.

In the many years of playing PW was there ever any thought about hand grenades being useful to negate the cover modifier in certain types of terrain?

Thanks,
Rob

< Message edited by Mraah -- 8/17/2008 9:39:30 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Panzer Wars vs Panzer Command ... Urban Combat - 8/17/2008 10:58:26 PM   
Mobius

The extra high killpower of the squads at under 30m in PW and PCK is account of the addition of grenade use at that range. You will notice that squad's firepower will usually step up at the 30m range.
In the mini-game where 25mm = 50meters things have to be abstracted at those small distances. Mini-terrain has to be such that the building separation allows room for tiny stands and miniature tanks to get between them. Without abstraction this sometimes would have the unrealistic affect of not letting infantry throw grenades across a street.

I wouldn't try to define any squad weapon with a range less than 20-25m. As range is determined from the center of the squad this would assume every man in the squad is standing at the very center when in fact they are spread out all around for 10m to 15m or more. Even in any future releases a placed weapon should have a range not less than 15m as this would be the probable edge of the squad dispersion.

The major difference in PCK and PW infantry rules I feel is the TO&E. PW uses all the units of a platoon besides the 3-4 squads some light support weapon teams are also included in it. This not only bolsters the platoon but gives it more units to lose before its morale cracks. Mixed type platoons hopefully will be in future PC.

< Message edited by Mobius -- 8/17/2008 11:14:52 PM >

(in reply to Mraah)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Panzer Command: Kharkov >> Panzer Wars vs Panzer Command ... Urban Combat Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI