Matrix Games Forums

Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Current design decisions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Current design decisions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Current design decisions - 8/17/2008 6:55:31 PM   
lwarmonger

Having recently discovered Matrix Games, I have been very impressed and happy to see that genuine tabletop gaming has made its way onto computers. I was an avid player of tabletop war and strategy games before the army started taking away all of my time after college, and when exploring this site was very happy to see that not only was porting WiF underway, it is nearing completion (with a December release date I read on these forums?). However I have a few questions regarding design decisions that I haven't been able to answer by a couple of hours of browsing the forum.

Most of my initial questions revolve around what all is being incorporated into this computer version of WiF? Has Ships in Flames, Leaders in Flames and the other minor counter expansions been included? What about Days of Decisions? Also, what optional rules are being included? I haven't really found a FAQ with a comprehensive list of the various design decisions that have been made in developing this game. If I am just missing this, I would appreciate if someone would provide a link.

Thanks for your time, and I look forward to purchasing the finished product!
Post #: 1
RE: Current design decisions - 8/17/2008 7:52:50 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: lwarmonger

Having recently discovered Matrix Games, I have been very impressed and happy to see that genuine tabletop gaming has made its way onto computers. I was an avid player of tabletop war and strategy games before the army started taking away all of my time after college, and when exploring this site was very happy to see that not only was porting WiF underway, it is nearing completion (with a December release date I read on these forums?). However I have a few questions regarding design decisions that I haven't been able to answer by a couple of hours of browsing the forum.

Most of my initial questions revolve around what all is being incorporated into this computer version of WiF? Has Ships in Flames, Leaders in Flames and the other minor counter expansions been included? What about Days of Decisions? Also, what optional rules are being included? I haven't really found a FAQ with a comprehensive list of the various design decisions that have been made in developing this game. If I am just missing this, I would appreciate if someone would provide a link.

Thanks for your time, and I look forward to purchasing the finished product!

Welcome to the forum! I read everything that is posted and encourage everyone to give their opinion on topics that are of interest to them. Not that I necessarily respond to all the suggestions and criticism, but I do respond to many of them and the final product will be vastly improved because of the feedback I receive from forum members.

Read the thread at the top section of the forum call Directory: its first and last posts. That should lead you to the threads where you will get answers to the questions you asked here. If it doesn't, simply ask again and I am certain someone will provide you with answers.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to lwarmonger)
Post #: 2
RE: Current design decisions - 8/18/2008 8:06:04 AM   
lwarmonger

Ah, found it.  I am curious, once the game is released are there any thoughts of adding modules like Politics in Flames, America in Flames, or even Days of Decision?  Or have those been ruled out entirely?

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 3
RE: Current design decisions - 8/19/2008 1:03:09 AM   
Yohan

As thing stand now Steve's mission is to get this out and then see what happens...

quote:

Ah, found it.  I am curious, once the game is released are there any thoughts of adding modules like Politics in Flames, America in Flames, or even Days of Decision?  Or have those been ruled out entirely?

(in reply to lwarmonger)
Post #: 4
RE: Current design decisions - 8/19/2008 3:21:00 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yohan

As thing stand now Steve's mission is to get this out and then see what happens...

quote:

Well said.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to Yohan)
Post #: 5
RE: Current design decisions - 8/19/2008 5:21:04 AM   
lwarmonger

Fair enough. I look forward to seeing the finished product!

(in reply to Yohan)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Current design decisions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI