Error 486 while loading scenario??

Here is the place to get and give support to your fellow gamers. This is NOT an official game support conference but a place for general tech support. All questions are welcomed, basic, advanced, software or hardware.
brothermike

Error 486 while loading scenario??

Post by brothermike »

My old favourite game Eastern front playble om my new Vista computer! Brilliant I thought and bought a download copy of John Tillers campaign series. However I can't get it to start. I get to the starting menu in Easter front as well in Western front and Rising sun. But when I try to start a scenario I get the following message "Error while running the application. Please contact support@matrixgames.com for assistance. Error code 486" I contacted Support for assistance several days ago, but apparently there's no one at home?? Is there someone who has experienced the same problem and solved it?
junk2drive

RE: Error 486 while loading scenario??

Post by junk2drive »

Did you get the installer to run? Did you install the 1.03 patch? Were you in Admin mode? There are a few Vista topics in the JTCS forum. I don't have Vista but have read some of the threads.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

I found this in the support forum

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1860449
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
jchastain

Post by jchastain »

I have JTCS and am running just fine on Vista.  I loaded the standard download and then applied the 1.03 patch before ever attempting to run the game, and it would then run the very first time I tried it.  But I had the "white flash" problem, which I was then able to address by checking the compatability boxes for XP SP2 and "Disable desktop composition".  I did have one additional issue where the menus were invisibile, but a simple reboot soved that and it hasn't come back since.  I think it was due to residual problems that lingered from before setting the compatibility modes.

Good Luck!
brothermike

Post by brothermike »

I followed the advices in the link. I've tried unistall and reinstall but the game still don't work. Still error 486. According to the forum it's a serialnumber issue and I should contact support. I did that 5 days ago and still no answer...

Anybody out there who might have a solution to my problem?
Terl

Post by Terl »

As an idea, have you tried running the game as administrator? It is amazing how many ills that cures in Vista. Just right click the icon and there should be a selection in the menu to run as administrator.
jchastain

Post by jchastain »

If it is a serial number issue, then that has nothing to do with vista.... that's a, well, serial number issue.  Are you absolutely certain that you are using the EXACT serial number that was assigned when you bought the game?
brothermike

Post by brothermike »

I'm not an experienced person when it comes to Vista and I didn't know about the "run as administrator" function. Now I know an now the game is functioning as it should. Thanks for all the help!!!!

Now if you would excuse me. I have to go and take out som T-34:s.
Terl

Post by Terl »

Excellent! Enjoy your game. [:)]

For some reason UAC messes with the serial number check routine (or whatever it is actually called).
RockKahn

Post by RockKahn »

I started getting this error after updating to Windows 10.

Support sent me a link to the game to redownload and reinstall.

I downloaded game, uninstalled and reinstalled. No change. Same error.

I've been installing games on my Drive D to save space on my SSD Drive C.

I uninstalled again and reinstalled the game on Drive C this time.

It works fine now.
I don't write Universal Law. I just live by it.
dinhlong1107

Post by dinhlong1107 »

support forums have solved your problem

Return to “Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers”