From: Vermont, USA
v1.20 is going into internal testing for a few days, we hope to have it out as a public beta before the end of the week and as an official release next week. Here's the change list we're looking at right now:
• New Features
1. Play By Email (for up to 8 players).
2. Generic siege functionality: If the city is surrounded by enemy units (all adjacent non-water hexes) a check is made, if it fails, garrisoning unit loses a level or – if at level 1 – surrenders. This check is done at the end of the turn for each surrounded city. Base chance is 20%, other factors that influence check chance:
Effective strength ratio (besieging units to besieged unit), 0% for 1:1, 10% for 2:1, 20% for 3:1 and so on. –10% for 0.9:1, -20 for 0.8:1 and so on.
Presence of commanders on both sides (+2% per commander skill)
City supply value (-2% per one point of city supply value)
Air superiority at the city hex. Ranging from –40% (when owner of besieged unit has 4:1 or more air superiority over besieged city) to +40%
3. Added new sea zones: North Sea and Barents Sea, added Arkhangelsk port
4. Lend-Lease events, creating resource convoys to UK and Russia
5. Russian partisans event (25% chance). Germany must spend PP on anti-partisan operation or face the effectivity drop for all units in Russian territory during next turn.
6. Malta added (Valetta as a port city conneted with Central and Eastern Medit. zones) with british division as garrison.
7. 25% chance that Malta will disrupt axis supply in North Africa (reducing eff. by 25% for next turn)
8. Color, width and style of borders can now be managed from preferences screen
9. City names can be displayed on the map.
10. Kiel port has connection with Baltic Sea
11. Selecting own unit and clicking adjacent enemy will now always initiate the attack displaying all statistics (even if selected own unit already participated in multiple-direction attack this turn)
1. Sea battle crash/lockup problem (ocurring on Vista) fixed.
2. Fixed CTD on autosave after hitting Next Turn, when naval unit were purchased but not deployed.
3. Fixed CTD on AI invasion (case when invading port connected to 2 sea zones)
4. Bug fixed: Log file stuck after invoking clear method (could have been responsible for some of the lockups and/or CTDs)
5. Bug fixed: Neutral countries can now execute resource convoys.
6. Bug fixed: Enemy unit can now be shore-bombarded again next turn.
7. Bug fixed: It is no longer possible to drop paratroops on enemy unit.
8. Bug fixed: Fog Of War range is refreshed after amphib landing / paratroops landing / unloading land unit from transport.
9. Ribbentrop-Molotov and Vichy events now increase War Economy of USA and USSR
10. End date in russian winter event was corrected
11. Rebasing air units from USA is now possible thanks to 1-hex island at (37,78). This hex is always in full supply. US AI was made aware of this hex too
12. Vichy france now considers former French cities as its own for PP collection purpose (which basically means it’ll collect more PP). Vichy event and 1941 scenario setup were changed to reflect this.
13. Fixed unit revealing proceure for disabled Fog Of War (when AI deployed new units with FOW disabled they were not visible on map until AI finished its turn).
14. Units deployed by human player are always visible when deployed (solved problem with using F1 screen and changing control to human in the middle of the game and then trying to deploy units purchased earlier by AI)
15. +50 and +100 DP added for germany on Ribbentrop-Molotov and Vichy events respectively. Should allow to get all historical allies in time.
16. It is now possible to invade the USA (coastal hexes were assigned to North Atlantic sea zone).
17. Increased US and Soviet base PP.
18. Increased initial German SMP to 8, Increased initial US STP to 250.
19. Increased initial US War Economy to 30% decreased initial German War Economy to 50%
20. War Economy per month growth rate increased to 5% and 7% for democracies and regimes respectively.
21. Initial War Economy values for UK and Italy fixed in 1941 scenario
22. After War Economy reached 100% it will grow 1% monthly (applies to all countries)
23. Max replecement level is now more sensitive to supply level. Supply 20 or lower will allow for replecements up to 80% of maximum strength, 15 or lower – to 60%, 10 or lower – to 40%, 5 or lower to 20%
• AI Enchancements
1. Garrisoning algorithm improved. AI units should no longer abandon front-line cities.