Crash to Desktop

Post bug reports and ask for support here.
DorianGray

Crash to Desktop

Post by DorianGray »

Barely into the game... around December 1939 as the Germans.... Crash to Deskop. Nothing fancy or unusual... just standard turn and hit the "End of Turn" button....

Come on guys, don't tell me this is another "rush the alpha-game out the door and let the gamers do the beta-testing for us" ????

If that is the case, you can at least refund my money until you get a release quality product ready.

[:-]
doomtrader

RE: Crash to Desktop

Post by doomtrader »

Does it happends once, or maybe it happens all the time?

Is it just after hitting end turn or maybe after naval fight?
steel3250

Post by steel3250 »

I am also having multiple problems with this game and it has taken the enjoyment out of the purchase. I am an avid Matrix fan but am very disappointed in the quality of this release. Was this even beta-tested? I doubt it, otherwise the errors would have been evident!! I too would like some sort of a refund.
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

Are you buying naval units and not deploying them, that is a known bug.
Favoritism is alive and well here.
comrade

Post by comrade »

DorianGray, please confirm if your crash was(or was not) related to purchasing and not deploying naval units. If yes - this is fixed in 1.20 which is coming very soon. For now, just remember to deploy all naval units after purchase befor hitting End Turn.

Steel32 - could you please be more specific about the 'multiple problems' you have with the game? Many bugs were fixed since the release and 1.20 is much more stable, but still we might have overlooked something.
steel3250

Post by steel3250 »

Hello Comrade

I have run into most of the issues discussed but the latest was in regards to my airborne invasion of England. When the turn ended, it immediately crashed to my desktop. Thinking back it could of been an unplaced naval unit that turn. Next time I will save the DXDiag and send. Other issues happening are the same as I see from everyone else. Look forward to the patch.

robbersonr

Post by robbersonr »

I just got up to August of 1941 as Germany and the game crashed to the desktop during the British turn (AI). The last message on the screen was about the Brits considering transport of units. I had not purchased any naval units and I had no naval units to deploy.
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

I just got up to August of 1941 as Germany and the game crashed to the desktop during the British turn (AI). The last message on the screen was about the Brits considering transport of units. I had not purchased any naval units and I had no naval units to deploy.

It's a known bug and it's already repaired for 1.20 release.
It was problem wit amphibious assault for AI.
I bet you are running on VISTA?
Lucky1

Post by Lucky1 »

ok. I have downloaded the patch. Things are a bit more stable. However, I just had a crash to desktop when I was trying to transfer some units between my Italian fleets. I am not sure, but perhaps it had something to do with trying to transfer 3 subs into a fleet of 10 ships.... Dunno.

comrade

Post by comrade »

If you can replicate the problem so that it occurs always after you repeat some sequence of steps, please send me the saved game and the list of these steps. Typically, after a crash I load the autosave and try to repeat what I did just before the game crashed, if you can isolate the bug fixing it is usually very easy.
robbersonr

Post by robbersonr »

Another crashed game - file attached.
Attachments
WW2RTVSaveGame.zip
(56.62 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
WarEmblem

Post by WarEmblem »

It's a known bug and it's already repaired for 1.20 release.
It was problem wit amphibious assault for AI.
I bet you are running on VISTA?

Yes, this happened to me as well.  German turn 16 August, 1941 crashes to desktop as British try to do sea transport.  I am running on VISTA.  Patch 1.20 fixes this?
Winter is Coming
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

Nobody reports this problem under beta 1.201
WarEmblem

Post by WarEmblem »

Installed 1.201, previous saved games are not compatable with this version.  Is there anyway around this, or will I need to start over?
Winter is Coming
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

Unfortunatelly you will have to start again

Return to “Tech Support”