I get fatal error 999...when I had to reload the game. Anyone know how to help?

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

CuriousWordsmith

Post by CuriousWordsmith »

khyberbill

RE: I get fatal error 999...when I had to reload the game. Anyone know how to help?

Post by khyberbill »

from good old Bob... we miss you Bob

i THINK it means something has gone wrong with your copy protection, and might mean a reinstallation. i think this can happen if you do an upgrade from a very old version to a new one without doing the comp. patch.... or, if something otherwise went wrong somewhere along the line.

if you do reinstall, load whatever version you have originally, then do the 1.804 comprehensive upgrade, then the 1.806 revised upgrade (assuming you are going to the latest version.)

It is important that both you and your opponent have exactly the same version, or bad things will happen (replay bug, etc.)
"Its a dog eat dog world Sammy and I am wearing Milkbone underwear" -Norm.
Nomad

RE: I get fatal error 999...when I had to reload the game. Anyone know how to help?

Post by Nomad »

from here, do a complete reinstall. I believe that you are missing a file. Also, make sure you do not have your AV running while installing, it can cause problems.
jwilkerson

Post by jwilkerson »

Just confirming that Ken's solution is right on target - thanks Ken!
[:)]
AE Project Lead
New Game Project Lead
2ndACR

Post by 2ndACR »

Okay, getting pissed off..........Copied my entire WITP vanilla folder over to a new one........The original will boot up, but the new one gives me the dreaded "fatal error 999". Why would the original start, but the new one not. They are exact copies of each other.

I have tried shutting down Norton, but the blasted thing keeps restarting even though I tell it to stay off until I start it again.

Nomad found the answer farther down the page.........hidden file did not copy over. Thanks.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Agravating isn't it? [:D]
2ndACR

Post by 2ndACR »

Motherboard meltdown has caused me to reload everything................the new computer is the best I have seen.

But yes, I was ready blow a gasket.

Return to “Tech Support”