Matrix Games Forums

Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Engineer / Mine Clearing bug

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Engineer / Mine Clearing bug Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Engineer / Mine Clearing bug - 7/13/2008 4:38:29 AM   
XLVIII Pz. Korp

Playing Huib's revised version of Tak Force Lovelady, Yankee turn 2, advanced an engineer and it's leader unit into a level 1 minefield. Both units were attacked and the engineer was disrupted ?!?

Did old code slip back in?
Post #: 1
RE: Engineer / Mine Clearing bug - 7/13/2008 11:15:24 AM   
Huib

I can't reproduce it. But perhaps adding the leader caused it? I've had no similar issues in other 1.03 games and I have cleared quite a few minefields in those games.

(in reply to XLVIII Pz. Korp)
Post #: 2
RE: Engineer / Mine Clearing bug - 7/13/2008 11:34:16 AM   
tide1212

I just gave it a try with eng. unit and eng. with  leader.  I didn't get a disruption in either case. One of those flukes maybe ?

Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori

(in reply to Huib)
Post #: 3
RE: Engineer / Mine Clearing bug - 7/13/2008 2:02:00 PM   
MrRoadrunner

I just walked an engineer and a sub machine gun platoon into a minefield, the minefield attacked neither platoon.

Ed

“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

(in reply to tide1212)
Post #: 4
RE: Engineer / Mine Clearing bug - 7/13/2008 7:09:48 PM   
XLVIII Pz. Korp

Okay, walked another engineer into another minefield, this time w/o a leader and no attack. Maybe because the leader moved into the hex with the engineer at the same time the minefield attacked both units?

Will post again if anything elese strange happens.

Nice redo on the scenario Huib!!

(in reply to Huib)
Post #: 5
RE: Engineer / Mine Clearing bug - 7/13/2008 7:33:17 PM   
1925frank

There were posts a while back about moving engineers and nonengineer units into a minefield at the same time, but I don't recall the details, but I'm thinking the nonengineer unit would trigger the minefield for both units.  Since you've done the same thing twice with different results, do you suppose the top unit in the group makes a difference?  That is, if the top unit was a leader, the minefield effects engage for both units, but if the engineer unit enters as the top unit, everybody is safe?  Does anyone else remember that earlier discussion?

Post #: 6
RE: Engineer / Mine Clearing bug - 7/13/2008 8:15:26 PM   
MrRoadrunner

Maybe it's the new assault formula and the leaders are a big factor so the minefield attacks them?

“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

(in reply to 1925frank)
Post #: 7
RE: Engineer / Mine Clearing bug - 7/13/2008 9:01:54 PM   
XLVIII Pz. Korp

Could be Frank, but I couldn't tell you because I play almost exclusively in 3D, level 1 so I really couldn't say who was "on top". My theory is that a non-engineer unit in a stack entered a mine hex so the program triggered a mine attack for the entire stack the non-engineer was a part of including the engineer. Since on the next tunr I entered a mine hex with an engineer alone and no attack occured I don't think there is an engineer issue. As the game progresses I'll experiment a bit more.

< Message edited by XLVIII Pz. Korp -- 7/13/2008 9:02:36 PM >

(in reply to 1925frank)
Post #: 8
RE: Engineer / Mine Clearing bug - 7/13/2008 9:05:41 PM   
1925frank

I always have the unit panel on the right on.  If you move a stack, the top unit's movement noise is used.  If an entire stack fires, the top unit's firing noise is used.  I'm just guessing, but perhaps when multiple units enter a hex, the AI simply checks for the top unit.

Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Engineer / Mine Clearing bug Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI