Matrix Games Forums

Hell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Blockade Questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Gary Grigsby's War Between the States >> Blockade Questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Blockade Questions - 7/9/2008 5:28:50 PM   
jcrohio

I have been playing around with the concept of the blockade. I understand that ships all have a blockade value and that cruisers with a value of 2 are the best to use. I understand that leaders can influence this blockade value with a +1 or -1 effect. What I can't get a feel for is where the percentages come from on the Free Trade screens (example New Orleans Blockade at 25%)

Do these percentages tie in with the blockade values produced by the ships and if so how. Does a certain blockade value guarantee a 100% blockade and if so what is that value.

Any help would be appreciated

Jack
Post #: 1
RE: Blockade Questions - 7/9/2008 6:01:09 PM   
tedhealy

The
amount of reduction in the supplies arriving at all ports serviced by that coastal water area is equal
to the blockade value of all the naval units in the area. A text message will display at the end of the
Union movement phase detailing  the number of supplies  that reached each port and  the current
percentage effectiveness of the blockade at that port.

Example:  “15  supplies  arrive  in  Wilmington  -  Blockade  at  25%.”  In  this  case  the  Blockaded
percentage would represent the percent of supplies that could be blockaded that are actually being
prevented from entering. Wilmington prior to the Emancipation Proclamation, could receive between
6 and 18 supplies depending on the state of the blockade, so 25% in this case means 3 of the 12
supplies that can be intercepted are being intercepted

(in reply to jcrohio)
Post #: 2
RE: Blockade Questions - 7/9/2008 6:35:05 PM   
jcrohio

Thanks for the reply - I understand how the amount of supply is derived from the percentages and the total amount of resources and factories.

I don't understand where the percentages themslves come from - in the example above given from the manual where does the 25% come from? I understand how to use it (25% of 12 is 3 and 18-3=15 for Wilmington above). I would like to know where the 25% comes from.

Thanks
Jack

(in reply to jcrohio)
Post #: 3
RE: Blockade Questions - 7/9/2008 7:19:51 PM   
JAMiAM

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcrohio

Thanks for the reply - I understand how the amount of supply is derived from the percentages and the total amount of resources and factories.

I don't understand where the percentages themslves come from - in the example above given from the manual where does the 25% come from? I understand how to use it (25% of 12 is 3 and 18-3=15 for Wilmington above). I would like to know where the 25% comes from.

Thanks
Jack

I think it's value given when the sum of the adjusted values of each the blockading vessels is the numerator in a fraction where the denominator is the interdictable free trade at the port. Thus if the interdictable value of Wilmington is 12, and there are only two points of blockading ships, then the percent is 2/12=16%.

(in reply to jcrohio)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Gary Grigsby's War Between the States >> Blockade Questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI