Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Mountain InfantryPandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Does SPWAW support 1200x800 resolution?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Does SPWAW support 1200x800 resolution? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Does SPWAW support 1200x800 resolution? - 7/4/2008 5:20:59 PM   
Steely Glint

Does SPWAW support 1200x800 resolution? Does it even support widescreen at all?

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel
Post #: 1
RE: Does SPWAW support 1200x800 resolution? - 7/4/2008 7:27:32 PM   
Matti Kuokkanen

No and no. As far as I know, SPWAW is limited to given resolution (800x600) only. If variety with screen resolutions is a must have, take a look at WinSPWW2

You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars

(in reply to Steely Glint)
Post #: 2
RE: Does SPWAW support 1200x800 resolution? - 7/4/2008 8:46:51 PM   
Steely Glint

Thank you for the infornation. WinSPWW2 it is then.

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

(in reply to Matti Kuokkanen)
Post #: 3
RE: Does SPWAW support 1200x800 resolution? - 7/4/2008 8:49:53 PM   
Steely Glint

LOL, their website is down, too.

Post #: 4
RE: Does SPWAW support 1200x800 resolution? - 7/5/2008 3:16:44 PM   
JEB Davis

However, regardless of the screen resolution, SP:WaW is a far superior game to WinSPWW2 so if I was you I would find a way to live with 800x600.  It causes me no problems on a regular monitor or non-widescreen laptop.

(edit) Visit www.spwaw.com and check out the forums for lots of support and a very active, friendly gaming community.

< Message edited by JEB Davis -- 7/5/2008 3:19:19 PM >

Reduce unrealistic SP:WaW slaughter, "Low Carnage" (v8.403 or Enhanced):
Settings: 90S,80H,100RR,XXXTQ,110TT,150IT,180AvS,130AvA,150SOF / Command & Ctrl ON / AutoRally OFF
Visit the Enhanced forum at http://enhanced.freeforums.org

Post #: 5
RE: Does SPWAW support 1200x800 resolution? - 7/5/2008 3:29:36 PM   
junk2drive

To get other resolutions with WinSP, you must buy the CD version.

(in reply to JEB Davis)
Post #: 6
RE: Does SPWAW support 1200x800 resolution? - 7/5/2008 4:29:46 PM   
Steely Glint

quote:

ORIGINAL: JEB Davis

However, regardless of the screen resolution, SP:WaW is a far superior game to WinSPWW2 so if I was you I would find a way to live with 800x600.  It causes me no problems on a regular monitor or non-widescreen laptop.

Yes, but it will cause problems on a widescreen laptop, so it looks like WinSPWW2 for me.

Why do you guys think SPWAW >> WinSPWW2? Just curious.

I was hoping to get Combat Leader, but Matrix cancelled it. :(

(in reply to JEB Davis)
Post #: 7
RE: Does SPWAW support 1200x800 resolution? - 7/5/2008 6:10:11 PM   
V22 Osprey

Because this is the SPWAW FORUM.U will find SPWAW lovers here.And WinSPWW2(free version) supports only up to 800 x 600 anyway,so....

Like a JEB said(a friend of mine) ,SPWAW has a far better community.You have a question,you will get the answer.

Post #: 8
RE: Does SPWAW support 1200x800 resolution? - 7/5/2008 11:03:07 PM   
Arctic Blast

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steely Glint

quote:

ORIGINAL: JEB Davis

Yes, but it will cause problems on a widescreen laptop, so it looks like WinSPWW2 for me.

Why do you guys think SPWAW >> WinSPWW2? Just curious.

I was hoping to get Combat Leader, but Matrix cancelled it. :(

For me, one of the biggest reasons for favoring SPWaW is that I see more material still being produced for it. Look at the enhanced mod, which came out just last year, look at the number of maps and scenarios still appearing...I didn't see that kind of continuing community support for SPWW2. I've also read that infantry combat is not modeled as well in SPWW2, though I won't say any more on that, since I really don't know. I don't like that I have no option whether or not to control my opfire in SPWW2...I found that, after the battle lines were drawn, I just ended up watching a lot of the time as my army and the other army engaged in battle. They all chose when to fire, and when my turn to move would come up, I had no action points left, so I really had no control over the outcome.

Meditation on inevitable death should be performed daily.

Post #: 9
RE: Does SPWAW support 1200x800 resolution? - 7/6/2008 12:43:23 AM   
Warrant officer 0/0

quote:

Yes, but it will cause problems on a widescreen laptop,

Not to mention the screen blackouts, or crashes to desktop that occur after
about 60 vehicles have been destroyed.

WO 0/0

(in reply to Arctic Blast)
Post #: 10
RE: Does SPWAW support 1200x800 resolution? - 7/6/2008 1:33:55 PM   
Matti Kuokkanen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arctic Blast

I don't like that I have no option whether or not to control my opfire in SPWW2...I found that, after the battle lines were drawn, I just ended up watching a lot of the time as my army and the other army engaged in battle. They all chose when to fire, and when my turn to move would come up, I had no action points left, so I really had no control over the outcome.

At least in WinSPMBT has function to choose what type of target OpFire should be used, and therefore is likely in WinSPWW2 also. So human wave can't be used to reduce OpFire and points from AT weapons. Furthermore, when SPWAW is played in PBEM mode, there is no control over OpFire.

And about scenarios: original SP scenarios can be converted to work with WinSPWW2. Gotta try out my old scenario disks with it when workload gets lighter. Unless... Has anyone converted Cold Will, 5th SS Wiking and Stalingrad campaign to SPWAW yet?

You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars

(in reply to Arctic Blast)
Post #: 11
RE: Does SPWAW support 1200x800 resolution? - 7/6/2008 8:42:02 PM   
V22 Osprey

quote:

ORIGINAL: Matti Kuokkanen

quote:

I don't like that I have no option whether or not to control my opfire in SPWW2...I found that, after the battle lines were drawn, I just ended up watching a lot of the time as my army and the other army engaged in battle. They all chose when to fire, and when my turn to move would come up, I had no action points left, so I really had no control over the outcome.

At least in WinSPMBT has function to choose what type of target OpFire should be used, and therefore is likely in WinSPWW2 also. So human wave can't be used to reduce OpFire and points from AT weapons. Furthermore, when SPWAW is played in PBEM mode, there is no control over OpFire.

And about scenarios: original SP scenarios can be converted to work with WinSPWW2. Gotta try out my old scenario disks with it when workload gets lighter. Unless... Has anyone converted Cold Will, 5th SS Wiking and Stalingrad campaign to SPWAW yet?

Dude,you are odviously a hater of SPWAW,so I don't why you are even over here.Us SPWAW players dont want to listen to your crap.

FYI-The only reason original SP scenarios work on SPWW2 because it uses pretty much the same OLD engine.

Edit:Once again have you looked at the title of the forum:Steel Panthers World at War & mega campaigns.
I dont know about you,but I didn't see WinSPWW2 or WinSPMBT in there.

< Message edited by V22 Osprey -- 7/6/2008 8:44:55 PM >

Post #: 12
RE: Does SPWAW support 1200x800 resolution? - 7/6/2008 9:41:46 PM   
Arctic Blast

quote:

ORIGINAL: Matti Kuokkanen

quote:

Hmmm...I know there IS a Stalingrad Campaign, but couldn't really give you any specifics, as I haven't played it yet.

I DO enjoy SPMBT, as well. Partly because, sadly, there really aren't a whole lot of options out there for modern day combat sims that interest me.

Meditation on inevitable death should be performed daily.

Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Does SPWAW support 1200x800 resolution? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI