additional suggestion to JTCS (again ;) )

John Tiller's Campaign Series exemplifies tactical war-gaming at its finest by bringing you the entire collection of TalonSoft's award-winning campaign series. Containing TalonSoft's West Front, East Front, and Rising Sun platoon-level combat series, as well as all of the official add-ons and expansion packs, the Matrix Edition allows players to dictate the events of World War II from the tumultuous beginning to its climatic conclusion. We are working together with original programmer John Tiller to bring you this updated edition.

Moderators: Jason Petho, Peter Fisla, asiaticus, dogovich

R_TEAM

additional suggestion to JTCS (again ;) )

Post by R_TEAM »

Hi,

i just played JTCS-EF and then come in my mind a couple of thinks i like to see ...
(many ideas come from my lovely PanzerStrike! [:D] )

Wrecks give (by enough density) concealment- and so moralic+
(she blocks LOS and so it musst give hide to units in a hex with lot wreks too..)

Modifyng moral checks by actual win/loos happens->
If a big ammount of enemys killed it should rise the moral,so if many friends killed
lower the moral too.
And by a big amount of enemy units in the LOS of a unit a harder morale check too.

Make units that retreat wth too low action points fatige in the next turn.

Make a HEX wih an big amount of arttilery fire harder to move with vehicles.
And give infantry a concealment- (many craters to hide)
(maybe .. dont sure in this idea ...)

And,btw: if i understand it correct, smoke give penaltys ony to the units IN the HEX with
smoke (lower atack value) and the units outside can attack the units in the smoke with
the full firepower .. if i understand this correct, this confusing me, the units in the smoked
HEX field are partialy hiden too, so musst become a defence bonus .... or i´am wrong ?

R_TEAM <Aka R-TEAM>
Eagle Strike

RE: additional suggestion to JTCS (again ;) )

Post by Eagle Strike »

You've made some great suggestions. In regards to your question about units in a smoke covered hex I've copied a section of the manual that talks about just that on page 53:

Smoke – Smoke is an obstacle to LOS if it exists between the firer and its intended target. A unit in a Smoke hex can still fire, or be fired upon, but only at half Attack Strength. Smoke can be fired only by certain Indirect units, and halves the non-assault attack into or out of its hex.

From my experience both the attack into and firing out of a smoked hex have reduced firepower. I hope this helps?
Thx,
Eagle Strike (aka Reddog)

Return to “John Tiller's Campaign Series”