Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Mountain InfantryPandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: THE THREAD!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  842 843 [844] 845 846   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/9/2009 8:52:25 PM   
USS America

Steve, sadly, in this case, the wrong kid was offered a spot on the team, has accepted it, and has paid their $800+ deposit.  At this point, to make room for Alex on a team, they would have to go back and tell that kid that he's now "kicked off" the team.  Screwing another kid is not the way to fix our problem.  This has been discussed and decided from the very top of the organization, including the liason from the Carolina Hurricanes, who are the primary sponsor for all of the "Junior Hurricanes" teams. 

Trust me, I want to take Alex's case to the US Supreme Court.  What I don't want is for him to be black balled next year, or in the future, because he has the crazy family.    Both the head coach of the team and the goalie coach were very reasonable, up front, and humble when I talked to them.  They admitted that the rankings got screwed up and that they made the mistake.  Alex feels much better knowing that his great play, hard work, and effort were not judged to be 5th or 6th rate.  Sure he wishes it had worked out like it should have, but at this point, our family is much better off moving on and not being the "unreasonable" party. 

Sounds like a lost cause, huh, Steve-O?  Right up your alley. 

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 25291
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/9/2009 8:53:13 PM   
USS America

New page. 

Mike

(in reply to USS America)
Post #: 25292
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/9/2009 8:53:52 PM   
USS America

.... and a "Parole - Tithe" 

Mike

Post #: 25293
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/9/2009 8:59:51 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dixie

quote:

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

Bob walked into a sports bar and sat down next to an attractive blonde at the bar and stared up at the 10 p.m. news on TV. They were covering the story of a man on a ledge threatening to jump.
The blonde said, "Do you think he'll jump?"

Bob said, "I bet he'll jump."

“I bet he won't."

Bob said, "You're on!"

Just as the blonde placed her money on the bar, the guy on the ledge did a swan dive.

The blonde handed her $20 to Bob, saying, "Fair's fair. Here's your money." Bob replied, "I can't take your money. I saw this earlier on the 5 pm news, and so I knew he would jump."

The blonde replied, "I did too, but I didn't think he'd do it again."

Bob took the money...

Blind Bob walked into a bar (with his guide dog) and sat down at the bar. When his beer arrived he says to the bartender "Do you want to hear a good joke about blondes?"

The bartender replies "Listen buddy, I'm blonde, you're sat next to the women's Olympic Judo champion who's also blonde. The doorstaff are both blonde, and the women's wrestling champion is sat behind you, she's blonde as well. Are you sure you want to carry on with that joke."

Bob answers back "No, not if I have to explain it five times"

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 25294
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/9/2009 9:14:31 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

Steve, sadly, in this case, the wrong kid was offered a spot on the team, has accepted it, and has paid their $800+ deposit.  At this point, to make room for Alex on a team, they would have to go back and tell that kid that he's now "kicked off" the team.  Screwing another kid is not the way to fix our problem.  This has been discussed and decided from the very top of the organization, including the liason from the Carolina Hurricanes, who are the primary sponsor for all of the "Junior Hurricanes" teams. 

Trust me, I want to take Alex's case to the US Supreme Court.  What I don't want is for him to be black balled next year, or in the future, because he has the crazy family.    Both the head coach of the team and the goalie coach were very reasonable, up front, and humble when I talked to them.  They admitted that the rankings got screwed up and that they made the mistake.  Alex feels much better knowing that his great play, hard work, and effort were not judged to be 5th or 6th rate.  Sure he wishes it had worked out like it should have, but at this point, our family is much better off moving on and not being the "unreasonable" party. 

Sounds like a lost cause, huh, Steve-O?  Right up your alley. 

Not all "lost causes " are truly lost my friend. The question is always "is it worth the fight". Obviously , in this case you and Alex have made the judgement (and it certainly sounds like the right one) that it's not. (How about a few of us Threadsters come to one of the games and you can point out the kid who took Alex's spot? Accidents happen Ya-know!"). Obviously kidding , I'd never hurt a kid. Point out the guy who screwed up however......

So this means no Hockey trips to DC? Too bad, I'm probably only going to be here another year.....

"Geezerhood is a state of mind, attained by being largely out of yours". AW1Steve

"Quit whining and play the game. Or go home". My 7th grade baseball coach. It applies well to WITP AE players.

Post #: 25295
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/9/2009 9:29:06 PM   
niceguy2005

quote:

Sounds like a really reasonable response Mike as long as the reason they can't make a change is that its against policy.

Artwork graciously provided by Dixie

Post #: 25296
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/9/2009 9:45:54 PM   
AW1Steve

I hope that they tell the kid that "your only here because we screwed up and a better player was shafted!". Otherwise this kids going to go thru the season thinking he's the greatest! Right up till he catched that slap shot in the side of the head!

"Geezerhood is a state of mind, attained by being largely out of yours". AW1Steve

"Quit whining and play the game. Or go home". My 7th grade baseball coach. It applies well to WITP AE players.

(in reply to niceguy2005)
Post #: 25297
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/9/2009 9:47:14 PM   
anarchyintheuk

Well . . . that's one 'hockey dad kills coach' news story that never came to pass.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 25298
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/9/2009 9:48:40 PM   
AW1Steve

"And in a bizzarre incident in NC a hockey coach was killed today when he was run over by a stolen Zamboni!"

(in reply to anarchyintheuk)
Post #: 25299
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/9/2009 9:48:44 PM   
Terminus

Not yet, least ways...

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

Post #: 25300
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/9/2009 9:54:52 PM   
Mynok

quote:

The budding superstar goalie has actually met 3 of the raving lunatics from THE THREAD!!! in person. Two were on hockey trips last year.

He's met me twice. Looked at me like I was a raving lunatic both times. He also gave my wife the "I'm so sorry..I'll bet you wish you could die." look.

Obviously he's a bright kid.

"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 25301
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/9/2009 11:12:30 PM   
bobogoboom

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: bobogoboom

quote:

Got the official word.  They screwed up the evaluation process, and my son should have been the first or second of 4 goalies picked, but the list the coaches used to pick from was wrong.  Too late to do anything about it.  Sorry.  Keep at it.  Look forward to seeing him at next year's tryouts.  Blah, blah, blah. 

The good news is that my son has perked up a great deal since finding out he was actually evaluated as the top 11 year old goalie in the region, even if they screwed up and left him off all the teams.  He'll likely be ready to play in a house league in the fall. 

what's a house league?

"House league" is the hockey equivalent to your local baseball little league. You play the other teams in the league from your neighborhood or in hockey, your rink (house). My son has been playing on a travel team for the last 2 seasons, similar to American Legion baseball. They travel to other cities to play the top teams from those areas, for better competition.

Playing in a house league is still hockey, but it wouldn't be the same competition level, or coaching level. We would do it for the fun and time on the ice. Combined with some private lessons, we can probably keep him up to speed at a competitive level for next year's travel team tryouts.

is that the only travel team in the area?

I feel like I'm Han Solo, and you're Chewie, and she's Ben Kenobi, and we're in that bar.
Member Texas Thread Mafia.

Sig art by rogueusmc

Post #: 25302
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/9/2009 11:16:26 PM   
bobogoboom

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

I hope that they tell the kid that "your only here because we screwed up and a better player was shafted!". Otherwise this kids going to go thru the season thinking he's the greatest! Right up till he catched that slap shot in the side of the head!

if he is that bad he will very quickly realise that he better improve. at least in baseball the competition level in those high leagues is that if you are not qualified you will just look stupid out there.

I feel like I'm Han Solo, and you're Chewie, and she's Ben Kenobi, and we're in that bar.
Member Texas Thread Mafia.

Sig art by rogueusmc

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 25303
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/10/2009 12:20:39 AM   
thegreatwent

Tithe

Many of us were pulling for your son USS America. What he's been through would challenge the maturity of anybody and it sounds like he is already ahead of the game on that score. I hope he sticks with it and gets a chance next year. As for the Hurricanes it would have been really classy of them to give your family tickets to a game or a signed team jersey by way of just making things right for a young and possibly lifelong fan. Just my 2 cents.

(in reply to bobogoboom)
Post #: 25304
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/10/2009 2:56:36 AM   
USS America

quote:

ORIGINAL: anarchyintheuk

Well . . . that's one 'hockey dad kills coach' news story that never came to pass.

If it makes the news, it won't be the coach, it will be one of the "administrators".

Mike

(in reply to anarchyintheuk)
Post #: 25305
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/10/2009 2:59:19 AM   
USS America

quote:

ORIGINAL: bobogoboom

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

if he is that bad he will very quickly realise that he better improve. at least in baseball the competition level in those high leagues is that if you are not qualified you will just look stupid out there.

....or, you will look really good, while sitting on the bench all the time.

There are a couple of travel programs for hockey here, 3 levels with the Jr. Hurricanes, and the program Alex played with 2 years ago. We've now gone through all the tryouts for all of them. This started back on May 7th.

Mike

(in reply to bobogoboom)
Post #: 25306
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/10/2009 3:02:58 AM   
USS America

quote:

ORIGINAL: thegreatwent

Tithe

Many of us were pulling for your son USS America. What he's been through would challenge the maturity of anybody and it sounds like he is already ahead of the game on that score. I hope he sticks with it and gets a chance next year. As for the Hurricanes it would have been really classy of them to give your family tickets to a game or a signed team jersey by way of just making things right for a young and possibly lifelong fan. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks, TGW. He is very mature and a great kid. I couldn't ask for a better son.

I really think he will be sticking with it, and we'll work something out to get him enough time on the ice to continue to improve. His age group, PeeWee, is for 11 and 12 year olds. He's just 11, and was graded as the top 11 year old goalie in town. The higher level teams all filled their goalie positions with 12 year olds, who will be moving onto the next age group next year. If he keeps working, I can motivate him with the thought of being the very top PeeWee goalie in the region next year.

Mike

(in reply to thegreatwent)
Post #: 25307
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/10/2009 3:04:45 AM   
USS America

My Brothers, once again you have all made me very happy and proud to be a part of this group!  Thank you all! 

Mike

Post #: 25308
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/10/2009 4:04:45 AM   
USS America

Good night - Tithe.

Mike

Post #: 25309
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/10/2009 4:31:21 AM   
thegreatwent

Time for sleeps, good dreams for all threadsters.

Post #: 25310
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/10/2009 5:15:19 AM   
Terminus

Morning tithe...

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to thegreatwent)
Post #: 25311
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/10/2009 7:31:02 AM   
Odin

Morning!

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 25312
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/10/2009 7:32:06 AM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

Good morning!

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 25313
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/10/2009 8:09:11 AM   
gladiatt

Cool, the european board is gathering

Morning everyone

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 25314
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/10/2009 8:53:09 AM   
Dixie

Bonjour mon amis 

(in reply to gladiatt)
Post #: 25315
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/10/2009 8:54:17 AM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

Hello "gladiatt" and Martin!

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 25316
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/10/2009 9:09:59 AM   
gladiatt

quote:

Bonjour mon amis 

Martin

so, if only one guy: bonjour mon ami (no "s" for many)
if for many guys : bonjour mes amis .
All right ?

Hi Leo, Termi and Odin.

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 25317
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/10/2009 10:41:26 AM   
Dixie

quote:

ORIGINAL: gladiatt

quote:

Bonjour mon amis 

Martin

so, if only one guy: bonjour mon ami (no "s" for many)
if for many guys : bonjour mes amis .
All right ?

Hi Leo, Termi and Odin.

Mange tout Rodney, mange tout.

(in reply to gladiatt)
Post #: 25318
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/10/2009 10:46:42 AM   
gladiatt

quote:

What about this Rodney ? a friend of your's ?

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 25319
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/10/2009 11:17:51 AM   
Dixie

quote:

ORIGINAL: gladiatt

quote:

What about this Rodney ? a friend of your's ?

You need to watch more classic British TV

(in reply to gladiatt)
Post #: 25320
Page:   <<   < prev  842 843 [844] 845 846   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  842 843 [844] 845 846   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI