Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Loading owning player's phases created by host

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> Loading owning player's phases created by host Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Loading owning player's phases created by host - 6/22/2008 5:46:27 PM   
BoerWar

In the past players could load their phase file if it had been created by the host (for instance if the AI was used or a turn was skipped). Somewhere around the 1.02K version this was no longer possible. Was that intentional?

As a host if I'm going to have the AI do another player's turn now I have to do a backup afterward so the player who's turn was done can get past that phase.

For skipped turns the skipped player can still just hit "end phase" to simulate the effects of being skipped.

If you purposefully got rid of the ability for a player to load his/her own phase files then to avoid confusion you should probably reprogram the Skip" and "Quck play turn with AI" buttons to automatically create backup files when those functions are used.
Post #: 1
RE: Loading owning player's phases created by host - 6/22/2008 7:03:27 PM   
bresh

quote:

ORIGINAL: BoerWar

In the past players could load their phase file if it had been created by the host (for instance if the AI was used or a turn was skipped). Somewhere around the 1.02K version this was no longer possible. Was that intentional?

As a host if I'm going to have the AI do another player's turn now I have to do a backup afterward so the player who's turn was done can get past that phase.

For skipped turns the skipped player can still just hit "end phase" to simulate the effects of being skipped.

If you purposefully got rid of the ability for a player to load his/her own phase files then to avoid confusion you should probably reprogram the Skip" and "Quck play turn with AI" buttons to automatically create backup files when those functions are used.

More info would be needed, but are your players putting the "own" file into incomming ? If they try load it from other spots i think you might have problems.
But if you put it into the incomming, and just hit next file, like when you load someone elses phase it should work.
Atleast in 1 pbm game im in. France had trouble loading his naval skipped move. But after putting it in the propper spot, it worked without problems.
Nor have i had any problems about lading my own skipped moves, when they are in the incomming folder of the game.

We use 1.02k Btw.

Regards
Bresh

(in reply to BoerWar)
Post #: 2
RE: Loading owning player's phases created by host - 6/22/2008 8:21:28 PM   
Marshall Ellis

quote:

This was not intentional. Can you send me an example?

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

(in reply to BoerWar)
Post #: 3
RE: Loading owning player's phases created by host - 6/23/2008 12:59:56 AM   
NeverMan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marshall Ellis

quote:

This was not intentional. Can you send me an example?

I have, as in the email I sent out to the group Boerwar, logged this in the bug tracker and have uploaded a saved game with the mess up, hope this helps Marshall. It's issue 117, both the .sav and sav.dat are there under the Save.zip file.

(in reply to Marshall Ellis)
Post #: 4
RE: Loading owning player's phases created by host - 6/23/2008 1:01:28 AM   
NeverMan

quote:

ORIGINAL: bresh

quote:

More info would be needed, but are your players putting the "own" file into incomming ? If they try load it from other spots i think you might have problems.
But if you put it into the incomming, and just hit next file, like when you load someone elses phase it should work.
Atleast in 1 pbm game im in. France had trouble loading his naval skipped move. But after putting it in the propper spot, it worked without problems.
Nor have i had any problems about lading my own skipped moves, when they are in the incomming folder of the game.

We use 1.02k Btw.

Regards
Bresh

The .pbm file, as with all .pbm files, were put into the commin file before starting the game. I always use the "load next player's turn" button, especially now that it is automatic from the commin folder (a nice feature I might add). The problem also happened on a skipped naval phase.

(in reply to bresh)
Post #: 5
RE: Loading owning player's phases created by host - 6/23/2008 2:48:06 AM   
BoerWar

OK, thanks Neverman. I sent him a few examples as well.

(in reply to NeverMan)
Post #: 6
RE: Loading owning player's phases created by host - 6/24/2008 1:43:36 AM   
Marshall Ellis

Got'em guys.
Will look into...

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

(in reply to BoerWar)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> Loading owning player's phases created by host Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI