Matrix Games Forums

Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Email combat report

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Gary Grigsby's War Between the States >> Email combat report Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Email combat report - 6/21/2008 11:44:40 PM   
WarHunter

Great game. Solo play is super. working on the normal mode but then a friend got the game.

We started a PBEM game recently and had our 1st battle at Manassas. Playing the Rebels, i sent in my reaction forces watched the battle. Finshed the turn sent it to the Yankee player.

Now my question.

How does the Union player see the battle? There is nothing i can find in the rule book addressing this facet of the game between two players.

Do i have to take a screenshot of the battle to send with each fight? As the Union player will be doing a great majority of the offensive actions, it takes a little away from the exprience.

Yes i have found the hotkey "E", the replay button and the Detailed Combat button. None seem to have anything to do with helping find a way to veiw a previous battle.

We think the program only saves the last battle fought in the Detailed Combat report. If that is true, Is there a way to order the battles?

Thanks for the help.

“We never felt like we were losing until we were actually dead.”
Marcus Luttrell
Post #: 1
RE: Email combat report - 6/22/2008 12:32:23 AM   
Joel Billings

When the replay is used, the small after battle report window will come up after a battle. The player watching the replay can then press the button at the top right of this window (to the left of the pause button) that allows the viewing of the detailed combat report screen. They can also use the 'e' key to get information about the recent battles. The only thing the non-phasing player will miss is the detailed combat resolution screen that shows the battle in progress. That only comes up at the moment of combat. Either player can use the replay so if you want to see the detailed combat report screen on a recent battle, you can use the replay to get to the battles and see the details.

(in reply to WarHunter)
Post #: 2
RE: Email combat report - 6/22/2008 7:30:51 PM   
WarHunter

Thank you for the reply. We are using the "e" key alot more for looking at what transpired that we missed.

Enjoy and thanks again

“We never felt like we were losing until we were actually dead.”
Marcus Luttrell

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 3
RE: Email combat report - 12/28/2011 6:24:48 PM   
jonboym

Hi,

I'm playing a PBEM with ver 1.04 and for some reason the replay isn't working as I thought it should.  The replay box appears ok and you can scroll through the events using the slider but no battle reports appear and all the buttons on the replay box are greyed out?  Normally I'd just click the play button on the replay box. I'm having to rely on the e button to work out what happened but that lacks the detailed combat reports.

Any ideas?  Is this because we're using fog of war or is it a bug?  I can send a save if anyone from Matrix wants a look.

Cheers

Jon

(in reply to WarHunter)
Post #: 4
RE: Email combat report - 12/28/2011 6:29:14 PM   
Treefrog

I have this problem sporatically too, but have no remedy. If I save and restart the problem persists.

"L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace."

(in reply to jonboym)
Post #: 5
RE: Email combat report - 12/28/2011 9:53:20 PM   
jonboym

Thanks Treefrog.  I have tried it both in reaction and movement phase but I can't get replay so far in my current PBEM.  Tried reloading.  

(in reply to Treefrog)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Gary Grigsby's War Between the States >> Email combat report Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI