Matrix Games Forums

New Screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTYCommand: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTY is now available!Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta!Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Economic Phase Ideas

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Empire in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Economic Phase Ideas Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Economic Phase Ideas - 6/21/2008 1:46:51 AM   
DCWhitworth

I have a couple of thoughts for improving the economic phase.

Firstly would be a warning if you try to end the phase without having done any purchasing for a free state. I often forget to do an economic phase for free states, especially if I have a lot of them, it's very easy to overlook.

Secondly when you come to the dialogue to purchase land or naval units, if you buy some, leave the screen, then go back, it is all back to zero. You don't have a record of what you have already bought, nor can you change your mind.

Regards
David
Post #: 1
RE: Economic Phase Ideas - 6/21/2008 2:01:25 AM   
NeverMan

1. I second this idea, sometimes it's hard (especially when you can't zoom out to see the entire map at once like you can with the boardgame) to remember each free state.

2. This is a great idea. This has been annoying me for quite some time.

3. Simul eco phase for PBEM would be great.

(in reply to DCWhitworth)
Post #: 2
RE: Economic Phase Ideas - 6/21/2008 9:51:52 AM   
JanSorensen

I agree fully. Please consider adding this to the bug tracker :)

(in reply to NeverMan)
Post #: 3
RE: Economic Phase Ideas - 6/21/2008 10:37:29 AM   
DCWhitworth

Logged as issues 111 (Nelson !) and 112. Just wanted to test the water and see if people liked the idea before logging them.

Regards
David

(in reply to JanSorensen)
Post #: 4
RE: Economic Phase Ideas - 6/22/2008 1:55:25 AM   
Jimmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: DCWhitworth

I have a couple of thoughts for improving the economic phase.

Firstly would be a warning if you try to end the phase without having done any purchasing for a free state. I often forget to do an economic phase for free states, especially if I have a lot of them, it's very easy to overlook.

Secondly when you come to the dialogue to purchase land or naval units, if you buy some, leave the screen, then go back, it is all back to zero. You don't have a record of what you have already bought, nor can you change your mind.

#1 : I offered this suggestion in another thread. But, it needs to be based upon manpower not spent, rather than on free states only. It's almost as easy to get distracted while in the middle of buying land factors or ships. "Hmmm, do I need 1 cav, or 2?" Then, leave the interface to find out, and forget to come back.

The way it should be coded is that if either the major power of any of his controlled free states has any manpower remaining, then a summary display should pop up, and confirmation to continue should be required.

The drawback is that if you have an odd number of manpower and you don't want to buy ships that turn, you'll get the warning. But, that is a price worth paying for all the times when I've forgotten free states, and sometimes my own nation's forces.

Agree with #2.

At LAST! The greatest campaign board game of all time is finally available for the PC. Can my old heart stand the strain?

(in reply to DCWhitworth)
Post #: 5
RE: Economic Phase Ideas - 6/22/2008 12:37:42 PM   
baboune

What I would also like is a full description of the economic phase results with full count on each cost/income.

Each owned province, conquered minors should be listed with associated income. 
Trade should be detailed per port.

Costs like maintenance should be fully described:  List of corps, fleets and depots with associated costs, etc.

etc.

The same level of details should be associated to the money spent

Finally, a complete summary of the economic phase should be made available in a separate screen (or page).

(in reply to Jimmer)
Post #: 6
RE: Economic Phase Ideas - 6/22/2008 8:06:29 PM   
Marshall Ellis

quote:

ORIGINAL: baboune

What I would also like is a full description of the economic phase results with full count on each cost/income.

Each owned province, conquered minors should be listed with associated income. 
Trade should be detailed per port.

Costs like maintenance should be fully described:  List of corps, fleets and depots with associated costs, etc.

etc.

The same level of details should be associated to the money spent

Finally, a complete summary of the economic phase should be made available in a separate screen (or page).

Very similar to the balance sheet for a fortune 500 company :-) ?
I can add more detail and will look to do so.

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

(in reply to baboune)
Post #: 7
RE: Economic Phase Ideas - 6/23/2008 6:48:00 PM   
baboune

Well.. yes.. in a sense.

You would be able to understand what is going on and how you have spent your income.  The summary would help in remembering what is not spent also (MP, free states, etc.)

(in reply to Marshall Ellis)
Post #: 8
RE: Economic Phase Ideas - 6/23/2008 8:25:45 PM   
Jimmer

I suggest spinners that are retained until the "end of phase" button is clicked. They are currently saved until you close the window. If you just keep the data handy, and not close out until the end of the phase (for that player), that would probably satisfy most of the requests.

At LAST! The greatest campaign board game of all time is finally available for the PC. Can my old heart stand the strain?

(in reply to baboune)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Empire in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Economic Phase Ideas Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI