Matrix Games Forums

Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & Shot
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Some questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Battle of Britain 2: Wings of Victory >> Some questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Some questions - 6/9/2008 2:39:41 AM   
hgilmer

1. On the claim screen - Are those kills I am claiming? I wish it would say "Good Kill" - (whatever my name is), or something. I wasn't sure if I had killed them.

2. Aircraft names. I have this option toggled but they aren't showing on my screen. Anything I can do to fix?

Overall, very impressed. I am unsure I like the campaign game, but the flight stuff is great. The raids are a huge improvement over the 4 plane groups we saw in Red Baron and even really the multi-plane combats of pacific fights and sturmovik.
Post #: 1
RE: Some questions - 6/9/2008 4:06:28 AM   
buddye

1. I assume you are looking at the combat report after you mission, correct? You get your kills by looking at the line Enemy Casulties Aircraft  2/4. The 2/4 means you (the player) killed 2 and the total kills by the squad was 4.

2. To get the Labels (a/c names), go to Options->Sim->Game and set A/C Names = ON. Then hit the "T" key to toggle the names on/off. 

I am with the BOBII BDG (Bob Development Group) and I want to encourage you to come to the BOBII forum and at least read the Sticky Threads and download and install 2.07. The 2.07 is the support version which is our current baseline and it has many fixes and new features over the 2.06 version. Your User Manual is in the BOBII folder in the Docs folder after you have updated to 2.07.

You can enter your name on the "parameter" pull down of the mission.

We will be coming out with our 2.08 update shortly so check back for it. Here are the links:

http://shockwaveproductions.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9303

The key description Manual is here (over 100 keys).

http://shockwaveproductions.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8331

The Sim has many options and features that can be used in the BDG.txt which is appendix A of the Users Manual.

< Message edited by buddye -- 6/9/2008 4:19:54 AM >

(in reply to hgilmer)
Post #: 2
RE: Some questions - 6/9/2008 3:06:44 PM   
hgilmer

Hey. Thanks for the reply. I have yet to see an after action report. I go to the pilot diary screen and it says Claim - 1, Claim - 2 in the first 2 flights. I am pretty sure that is for me. I got spoiled in my first two flights taking down 3 planes. 6-7 flights after that and no more kills.

< Message edited by hgilmer -- 6/9/2008 3:35:36 PM >

(in reply to buddye)
Post #: 3
RE: Some questions - 6/9/2008 3:12:30 PM   
Hard Sarge

lets see here is a screen from testing

it shows what I did (first number and then what the unit did 2nd number)

hmmmm, me and the boys were kicking

Attachment (1)

(in reply to hgilmer)
Post #: 4
RE: Some questions - 6/9/2008 3:35:55 PM   
hgilmer

Hey, yep, never seen that one.  What do I click?

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 5
RE: Some questions - 6/9/2008 4:21:11 PM   
Hard Sarge

that is a instant action report

(only report screen I had handy)

(in reply to hgilmer)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Battle of Britain 2: Wings of Victory >> Some questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI