EA Damian(J) V Nemo(A) "Renaissance"

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises.

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

n01487477

EA Damian(J) V Nemo(A) "Renaissance"

Post by n01487477 »

Links TO WitpTracker tutes
[*] Loading Clusters fb.asp?m=1824235
[*] Changing Base Assignment fb.asp?m=1824255
[*] Air Production and Engines fb.asp?m=1824258
[*] LCU production fb.asp?m=1824272
[*] Mini Tutorial - Industry #1 fb.asp?m=1825075
December 7, 1941.

Hi all,
I back against Michael, Nemo's 1.3 mod Empires Ablaze. I titled it thus, cause I'm expecting a very volatile and interesting game. Sort of like walking on ice, with some nitro strapped to your back.

All aspects of this mod seem to give me the feel, that particularly for the Japanese player, there will be a lot of balancing to keep one's feet firmly planted on the ground and not ass up on the ice waiting for the kaboom.

Economic choices and micro-managing production, such that you can not possibly build everything you want.
Huge numbers of CV's and other interesting vessels. (although I did find 3 SS-I2's)
New LCU's and aircraft ... some which I really want to experiment with in 42/43... etc
Thinking ahead is more of an imperative here ...

Which I hope should ensure an action packed, and adventurous game.

Who could want more ? So thanks Nemo, for a truly interesting mod ... [edit] And Michael for giving me a second chance at a game with him.

Just sent turn 1 ... more later
Operational Guidlines
Here are the House Rules we will be using. They are from Nemo and Alfred along with a few of my own at the bottom.
of 1 Nell.[align=left] [/align]
[align=left] [/align]Land: The Imperial Guards are at hand and are not far away from making their presence felt.[align=left] [/align]
House Rules – Empire’s Ablaze

Victory Determination
1. A points determined auto victory is disregarded.
2. A direct Allied victory by force of arms is achieved after (a) recapturing most of its lost colonies, (b) capturing a significant part of Japan's overseas empire, and (c) capturing Tokyo.
3. A direct Japanese victory by force of arms is achieved after (a) liberating most of the Allied colonies, (b) retaining its overseas empire intact, and (c) capturing Salt Lake City.
4. Either player may surrender unconditionally if he is of the view that he cannot prevent his opponent from achieving a direct victory by force of arms.
5. A draw ensues if the scenario ends before victory is determined.

Empires Ablaze Allied Oceanic Shipping Channel
6. The x co-ordinate (1,yy) and the y co-ordinate (xx,148) constitute an Allied oceanic shipping channel ("the AOSC").
7. The AOSC is reserved solely for the use of Allied units. Japanese land, sea or air units may never enter the AOSC.
8. Allied units and bases in the AOSC are immune from Japanese attack, capture or recon. Allied units in the AOSC may not attack or recon Japanese units or bases which are situated outside the AOSC.
9. The three Allied Bases which are within the AOSC are:

Capetown
South Atlantic Entry
Port Stanley

Operational Use Prohibited Due to lack of Available Counter-measures
10. Aircraft will not deploy mines.
11. The Japanese G9M aircraft is not to be assigned the mission port attack.
12. The Japanese Ki-264 Behemoth bomber is not to fly below 20,000 feet.
13. Kamikaze air units are to fly below 25,000 feet.
14. Allied and Japanese dive bombers assigned the mission naval attack must fly below 25,000 feet.

Empires Ablaze Game Balance for Allied Survival in 1942
15. Japanese units may never attack, enter, or capture Aden.
16. Japanese units may never attack, enter or capture the two Soviet bases Krasnoyarsk and Irkutsk, nor any Soviet units located at these two bases.
17. Japanese units are not permitted to cut the Trans-Siberian Railway line betwen Krasnoyarsk and Irkutsk.

Acceptable Play
18. With the exception of the Allied bases listed in #9, #15 and #16 above, all other bases may be attacked, entered or captured by either player.
19. Amphibious invasions are permitted only at dot beach/base hexes.
20. Sub/para drops only on dot beach/base hexes are allowed provided the entire LCU/air transport unit participates. Drops of only a few squads, or outside of dot beach/base hexes are not permitted.
21. Until fighting breaks out between the Soviet Union and Japan, the Western Allies may use Soviet airfields to refuel airplanes in transit but may not use Soviet ports to refuel or resupply naval assets.
22. Political Points ("PPs") are to be paid by LCU/LBA to operate away from their assigned geographic territorial command.
23. PPs are to be paid by units before they commence their movement to a base operated by their new command. Units which are in transit to a base of their new command may, whilst temporarily located at a base operated by a different command, respond to enemy activity without the need to expend PPs but will expend new PPs if they do no proceed with their movement to a base of their assigned command.
24. Naval Task Force may replenish at any port sized 3 or greater.

Malacca Strait
25. Possession of Singapore (hex 22,51) prevents all enemy surface ships from transiting or remaining in the following hexes:

(22,50) Johore Bahru
(21,51)
(22,51) Singapore

Enemy submarines may transit or remain in the above hexes.

7th December 1941 turn only
26. Japanese sea invasions, which approach the aerial reconned invasion site from international waters and sail from nearby Japanese bases, are permitted.
27. The Allies cannot expend PPs.
28. The Allies may redeploy LCU/LBA within their existing territorial commands. Both sides will be allowed to have their LBA accept pilots and reinforcements
29. Allied ships "anchored" in ports smaller than size 3 may be formed into Task Forces. Allied warships (not TK/AP/AK) already in a TF are allowed to have their orders changed.
30. Allied naval Task Forces may be given new orders to sail provided such orders do not entail attacking a Japanese base or moving to a base owned by another Allied country.
Our House Rules (added to the basics provided by Nemo):
1st Turn
1). KB will attack Pearl. The Japanese are allowed one more port attack, but only with naval LBA. This is the only exception to rule #2.
2) The Americans can sortie from Manila three times the number of the last digit in the email sent with the Japanese first turn (and will reply directly using that email as proof). (Date: 5/22/2008 10:24:12 AM), they could sortie 6 subs (3 x 2). Thus, if the Japanese player chooses Manila vs Singapore to get those "nasty" subs, he may come up empty (up to 27 subs could run away).
3) Only those LCUs "prepped" for an objective can use the first turn bonus movement to invade, even if they are not already loaded on AP/AKs. They can set objectives and load other LCUs in their home port, but not move until turn 2. However, movement from own base to own base is allowed (ex - loading BFs in Formosa and setting Palua as home port and destination. Thus are moved during first movement phase there).
4) China has no restrictions. They are already at war.

Game Long
1) Russia - They are at war and active, but not shooting...yet. Through all of '42, a 14 day notice is needed; through '43, 7 days; and none beginning in '44 for either side.
2) Minefield Size – 5000 per base
3) No Restrictions – to size of ASW TF
4) Gameyness – avoid using game mechanics to exploit a loophole.
5) Play to have fun and learn. Issues to be resolved as things pop up.
n01487477

RE: Powder Keg -EA Damian(J) V ny59giants(A)

Post by n01487477 »

Dec 7, 1941 GAME RESTART -- NEED A FIX

ACTF 1 & 2 (somewhere off Hawaiian Is) - but within visual sight of each other.
Flight Decks are buzzing with activity, the last of the Strike force aircraft, lift lazily into the air. There is the smell of aviation fuel and grease in the air. Dawn is just about to break.

Meanwhile, elsewhere across the vast span of ocean, aboard 10 different Transport TF's, men sit squatting, polishing their rifles and checking their gear. The men are quietly buoyant, and joke nervously. The smell of fresh rice, sweat and trepidation fill the senses and make a few of the men have to shuffle out of the cabins to empty their helmets into the green dark ocean.

The flights are slowly, but efficiently formed up and head for Oahu...

Japanese scouts halt a short distance from Hong Kong, they send back word to their commander, all is quiet.

Everything is in place, they wait for the assigned hour.

The sun climbs steadily, as the first group of Daitai break through the clouds, and seamlessly float past the mountain range that forms the spine of the Island. In the distance is Pearl Harbour and Battleship row. Some groups start to break off, they head toward their assigned airfield.

Whistles blow, the 38th Division starts its attack on the outskirts of Hong Kong.

On each of the 10 TTF's men single file out of their assigned cabins and climb down the ropes to the landing craft waiting below, the horizon is still dark here looking out at the dark silhouette of landfall. Only the men at Wake, can see the stars be slowly replaced by a blue-whitish hue.

Zero Hour.

The silence of Sunday morning is broken abruptly by the first of 21, 250 Kg bombs hitting the West Virginia's Deck ... pandemonium breaks out, men are abruptly returned from their party induced slumber, to a state of razor edge alert... Shrapnel and fire fill their world. The screams of young men, drown out the secondary explosions.

The attack seems to go on forever, acrid black smoke fills the air and fires blaze everywhere you look. Floating on the water is a white navy hat, it is the only sign of the unknown seaman ... This correspondent will refrain from commenting further on the sights, brave men, caught unaware, died needlessly today.

In turn. The World slowly spins and troops start landing at Wake, Rabaul, Kavieng ,Cagayan, Tacloban, Aparri/Tuguegarao, Laoag, Legaspi & Kota Bharu. Only Baatan and Wake are taken by the end of the day.

A morse code telex has wings its way to Pennsylvania Av.
Large number of Japanese aircraft attack Hawaiian base of Oahu.

Meanwhile at US CentPac command the following report is being compiled and filed.
Damage report:
BB Arizona, Bomb hits 14, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage
BB Tennessee, Bomb hits 11, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage
BB Oklahoma, Bomb hits 10, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage
BB Nevada, Bomb hits 17, Torpedo hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
AV Tangier, Bomb hits 2, on fire
DD Aylwin, Bomb hits 1, on fire
BB Maryland, Bomb hits 16, Torpedo hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
BB West Virginia, Bomb hits 20, on fire, heavy damage
BB Pennsylvania, Bomb hits 19, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage
DM Preble, Bomb hits 1
BB California, Bomb hits 19, on fire, heavy damage
CL Detroit, Bomb hits 1
SS Tautog, Bomb hits 1, on fire
CL Raleigh, Bomb hits 1
PT -23, Torpedo hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
CA San Francisco, Bomb hits 1, Torpedo hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
AK Aroostook, Bomb hits 1
DD Dewey, Bomb hits 1, on fire
DD Farragut, Bomb hits 1, on fire
CL Honolulu, Bomb hits 1
SS Cachalot, Bomb hits 1
CA New Orleans, Bomb hits 1
DD Cassin, Bomb hits 1, on fire
Imperial transmission:
Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zeke: 11 destroyed, 4 damaged
D3A2 Val: 18 destroyed, 11 damaged
B5N2 Kate: 23 destroyed, 7 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
F4F-3 Wildcat: 13 destroyed
P-36A Mohawk: 7 destroyed
P-40B Tomahawk: 19 destroyed
B-19A: 4 destroyed
PBY-5 Catalina: 10 destroyed
SBD-3 Dauntless: 8 destroyed
B-18A Bolo: 6 destroyed
R4D-5 Skytrain: 2 destroyed
A-20B Boston: 6 destroyed
OS2U-3 Kingfisher: 1 destroyed
B-17D Fortress: 1 destroyed
Attachments
Capture.jpg
Capture.jpg (14.49 KiB) Viewed 882 times
n01487477

Post by n01487477 »

Mini Tutorial -- Setting regions and Clusters
First it is not the intention of this AAR to be purely about WitpTracker ... but I get some questions so I want there to be a place where they are answered.

1. After loading the savefile the first time you might notice that some bases are not assigned to regions. This must be done to ensure that all the economic data is collated properly.

2. Click File --> Import Base-Regions Definitions

3. A dialogue box will open, go into the folder Region-Mappings

4. Pick your mod and click open (I'm using the EmpireAblaze mod)

5. After clicking open and then confirming, all the bases will be assigned to regions. Next --> Setting Bases and Regions and exporting.

PHOTOS
(AND just so you know I'm using photo bucket to show these pics)
1. Make an account with them http://photobucket.com/ (be careful - I never give accurate details!), upload the photos
2. copy each url onto a message ...

Code: Select all

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk135/n01487477/WITP_IMPORT/Import_3.jpg
3. In this forum area copy the link and place image tags around it ...

Code: Select all

[img]http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk135/n01487477/WITP_IMPORT/Import_3.jpg[/img]
4. That's it ... easy right!!!
Nemo121

Post by Nemo121 »

If you think a third attack is advisable from an operational and strategic point of view then I don't see how it could be "gamey". I think people label FAR toomuch as being "gamey"
John Dillworth: "I had GreyJoy check my spelling and he said it was fine."
Well, that's that settled then.
n01487477

Post by n01487477 »

Mini Tutorial - Assigning Base to Region
Say you find a base that you want to reassign ... Wake Is. Is certainly not West Coast USA

So click on the Region Column and scroll to the required Region ... click .. that's it ...

What about making a new region and assigning a base ?
1. File - > regions

2. Click New and type in a name and click "Create"

3. Go back and change the Base-region assignment on the drop-down list
n01487477

Post by n01487477 »

Mini Tutorial - AirProduction
Given that HI is adequate, one of the beauties of WITP is the ability to decide your production choices ...
Let's look at Air production first ...

[*] 1. Overview
After opening the Air Production screen I usually filter out information that I am not interested in.
Eventually I want to look at my engine production choices, but firstly an overview.
I have filtered for Japan and Mitsubishi Engines and sorted on date ...

Let me discuss what the less obvious columns indicate. I'm looking at the highlighted column.
  • "Engine" is how many engines the plane uses.
  • "Engine Use" is calculated by how many engines will be needed to produce the 6 "Bld/mnth" airframes. If you check out the Emily, 1 plane is produced/mth, but 4 engines will be required to build that plane.
  • "Pool" is how many planes you have available for reinforcements.
  • "Bld/days" & "Bld/mth" are the number that will be produced over the given period, "days" is not exact as the game can build at varying rates ...
  • "Repairing" displays the number of factory expansion - which you can see in the details table below.
  • "TBO.YTA" Total build out, Yet to arrive - group a/c numbers that will arrive in the future.
  • "Reinf.Needed" - Existing air groups that don't have enough planes & need to be filled (go to airgroups and Pilots - and filter if you want to see what they are)
  • "Days Till Next" - the next group using this airframe will arrive in X days (53 for the Nate)
[*]2. Overview - Engines
[*]The engine ID
[*]The engine name
[*]The number of engines in the pool
[*]The number of factories building that engine type and, in parenthesis, the
approximate number of engines produced per day
[*] The number of factories repairing to produce this engine
[*]The number of factories halted on this engine
[*] The number of factories not repairing for this engine
[*]The total number of factories for this engine
[*]The number of engines used based on planes being built (R&D in
parenthesis)
[*] The potential number of aircraft that can be produced using these engines
[*]The number of engines accrued (+) or shortfall (-), and in parenthesis, the
per day count
[*]The number of engines needed for aircraft in reinforcement air groups

The Importance of Being a line
[*] Orange lines should make sense. TBO to TBO.
[*] Green ... just "Engine Use" (not R&D)
[*] Light Blue ... just "Engine Use" (R&D) - NB** These are not using engines while researching.
[*] Dark Blue ... 8 planes are being produced, each at the cost of 1 engine.(should really look at "Engine Use" column). No Mitsub Engines are being produced hence -8
[*] Purple ... (small bug here already fixed -- it's not multiplying engine numbers for damaged fcty) When all factories are producing airframes and not R&D, the total number of engines that will be used. It shows 25, but should show 39...

Analysis
[*] I have 508 Mitsubishi engines, there are none producing. I don't really want to produce many of or any of these planes, except to ensure that there are enough Nates to cover the 102 (TBO.YTA planes)... no problem, I have a surplus and those on map will come back to the pool once I start upgrading them.
n01487477

Post by n01487477 »

Mini Tutorial - LCU production

This screen has it's shortcomings as it stands, but be assured there is more to come.
Troop production and reinforcement need 3 things:-
1. Manpower(M) - never much of a problem.
2. Armaments(A) - built at factories at a cost of 6 HI / point
3. Vehicles(V) - built at factories at a cost of 6 HI / point
Remember these points are not the same as devices in storage(they cost different amts of Pts, dependant on many factors that I don't want to bore you with at this early stage), but they are linked.

Headers:
[*] Delay Need (M/A/V) - This is the cost to outfit delayed units as they come in (not TO&E). It is linked to the Delay filter, so if you change the delay it will recalculate to what is actually displayed.
[*]Rein Need (M/A/V) - This is the cost to outfit existing units to 100% (some have not upgraded to their TO&E, but if they have then this is accounted for)
[*]Have (M/A/V) - Your pool of manpower, vehicle and armament points.

Columns:
[*]ID of unit - colour coded for supplies at base (black delayed/red less than 10K/orange 10K-20K/green > 20K)
[*]Delay - 0 for existing units otherwise the number of days until arrival ( NB ** usually arrives 1 or 2 days prior)
[*]Reinforcement - [BUG]displays OFF for ON ...
[*] Man / Arm / Veh Pts - are only displayed for delayed troops
[*] Man Reinf / Arm Reinf / Veh Reinf Pts - are only displayed for only for existing units.
[*] Strength % - related to filling out the group, no complex calculations with AV here.
[*] TOE - the unit is will upgrade to (not yet shown) - but does indicate if there is a TO&E upgrade(look at the first entry(ID = 1136, TOE = 1136) - so not upgrade.
{*] Assault Value - complex calculation ... I don't want to talk about it, it took some time to get it & for large numbers it might be +/- 1 that you see in-game.

TIPS
[*] For best results I find turning off all reinforcements just before an lcu arrives gives the best load out.
[*] If you have less than required the lcu still arrives but at a reduced rate.
[*] If you have no pts, then it still arrives at no cost !!! But greatly reduced.(25% I think from memory)
n01487477

Post by n01487477 »

Mini Tutorial - Industry (general understanding)

The production of HI is central to understanding WitpEconomics. HI is produced at HI centers and requires two important inputs Oil and Resources.
HI can be stored as Pts and thereby used by secondary industry to produce planes,engines,ships etc.

[*]Producing Raw materials[/b]

[*]Producing Raw products(supplies and fuel)[/b]

[*]Using HI[/b]
Attachments
Capture.jpg
Capture.jpg (25.49 KiB) Viewed 881 times
n01487477

Post by n01487477 »

Held for production tutorial
drizzt73

Post by drizzt73 »

Looking forward to this AAR. A bit OT is there a tutorial on how to use/understand the Tracker and its info. It looks like it will be a really useful tool but it is all Dutch to me!
ny59giants

Post by ny59giants »

We have both received the latest version of this mod from Nemo. [&o][&o]

I just got the first turn. I started looking at USA bases and get another PM from Damian. Oh, by the way, I'm attacking Russia on Turn 1. [X(]  Good!! We both have no experience in this area and we can both learn things the normal way - HARD!!

A few more things to iron out.
Then, its time to kick some butt.
[center]Image[/center]
1EyedJacks

Post by 1EyedJacks »

I wish you both a fun game and a great learning experience. I plan to monitor and learn also (although it'll B Nemo taking me to school regarding Russia in my game). [:D]
TTFN,

Mike
n01487477

Post by n01487477 »

December 7 ... War Declared against USA,UK,Soviets,Dutch,etc..etc (basically the whole god-damn shooting match)

Kept secret from all but the top level brass, Tojo decides to do a pre-emptive strike against the Soviets.

Vladivostok is the primary mission for the day... Flights from about 6 airfields take off and pound the facilities, but has only reduced it's capabilities by 1/3.

I expect some payback next turn

AirLosses for day 1

Attachments
Capture.jpg
Capture.jpg (130.52 KiB) Viewed 880 times
ny59giants

Post by ny59giants »

During the conference call after the attacks via satellite (what the hell is a satellite??), Joseph Stalin was heard to exclaim, "Nuke the Bastards." Roosevelt and Churchill both spoke almost in unison, "What is a Nuke??" [:D]

However, calmer heads prevailed (military leaders). There is a plan coming out of the Psych Warfare Dept., but is so classified, that only Admiral Benoit knows the full details.
[center]Image[/center]
n01487477

Post by n01487477 »

Dec 8~9, 1941.
Morning fog calls off the second strike on Pearl, Adm. Nagumo looks out from his position on the bridge of the Akagi and signals a return to port. He seems not too displeased with the weather, he has just been given notification that losses in other theatres have severely weakened his replacements of A6M2's.

There will be other days to fight & with the American surface fleet all but disabled for the better part of a year, time to roam and find some flattops.

Meanwhile In the Sea of Japan a flotilla of DD's,AP's,AK's,SS's scattering to the wind ... hell one pilot reported a few Russians escaping in a row boat. The two main paths that they are fleeing for are through the northern passage toward Okha and South between Fusan and Sasebo. Coming down the coast of Korea nearly all my planes are set on ASW / Naval search 2000-4000 ft.Some have scored hits, but there are just too many of the buggers. Once they reach open ocean, I'm going to find it tough going.

Nemo, mentioned what a poor player it would be that would let any of surface vessels to escape... I guiltily hold my hand up..."Aye Sir, tis I!"

The Northern route is protected, but my feable attempts seem to have been inspired by a touch of the flu this week. In retrospect I can see the partial-truth ... I was caught in a fog of pseudoephedrine and NyQuil inspired orders. Like a deer caught in the lights, I looked unblinkingly at the hypnotic hue of my monitor, eyes burning & red, tissues, lying limp and soggy at my side, it was there that I gave orders and then counter-orders ... and infact did not what a good commander should do ... be decisive.

Operations around Borneo include two small CVL TF's trying to mop up some of the 140+ (Michael's numbers) one ship TF's he's created. But really the chicken has already flown the coop and there are more holes in this dyke than a collander.

All in all it has been a bit of a "pi** poor effort", nothing has been reported in dispatches, but many a Captain is having their names sullied in the red-light bar districts of Tokyo and Osaka.

Troops have now crossed the border into Soviet territory and are fighting their way to Vladivostok ... unfortunately some of my other troops have decided to take a smoko break half way into some hex's ... (you can imagine how happy I am)

Time to reflect and read up on ASW ...

Ships sunk to date:
8 Ak's
4 AP's
1 AR & AV
1 BB Pennsylvania
1 DD & DM
4 PG
5 PT's
8 SS's [X(]
1 TK

My losses:
SS I-6 off Ozzie waters.

Attachments
Capture.jpg
Capture.jpg (36.24 KiB) Viewed 881 times
n01487477

Post by n01487477 »

10/12/41 Schools of Subs
The Soviet subs are egressing out of the Southern exit of the Sea of Japan, spotted and attacked, but like in any ecosystem, the sheer number of hatchlings coming out of their shells, has to ensure the survival of their species... These guys are amongst a feeding frenzy of as many ASW capable planes I can honestly muster and they are just breezing by. Pity I hadn't organised my ASW a bit better here and have some good APD's to pick of the weakest (those already hit)

Kyoto was mined by a not so fleeing sub captain, I haven't seen him since ... I hope he gets the ballast setting wrong and surfaces to see a 250kg bomb explode on his foredeck through his periscope viewer.

I took Kota Bahru, but I think it was more the strategic withdrawal of the Allied troops that allowed that to happen quickly. Still it does allow some ease with which to launch my offensive on Singapore.

China is a worry, I think the Allies are up to no good ... will watch carefully.

My troops are also headed toward Vladivostok, halted one hex away, but they should fall back in a day or two.

Other SRA plans are afoot, but I'm in no hurry here. Although I am mindful that I'm a little weak in the Philippines, so I'll get that organised quickly.

Rabaul, is the only other base where I'm in action. Unless the Allies commit more troops this will fall in good time.

Economic matters are also a priority for the foreseeable future. I have to micromanage everything for the next few week, turning on and off things and attracting supplies by moving troops around.

I've concentrated on building new factories in area's where there are good supplies & positive Oil/Res.
I'm currently expanding my Vehicle and HI production in these areas. Turning off all plane -rd repair beyond 43 and halted some Armament,Airframes and Engines. More on this later...with some analysis.
n01487477

Post by n01487477 »

11/12/42 - Legaspi Philippines
The Allies are trying to take back Legaspi, 1 unidentified unit and more at Naga are trying to put me in a vulnerable position here... we'll see if I can defend or have to evacuated !!! Originally I was looking to bolster Legaspi with a jump into Naga, now I'm just rushing troops here to see if I have made an error. I always thought as the Allied player that more mileage could be made out of the defence of Luzon ... Michael is doing just that ... kudos[&o] .. I like to see Allies defend positively!

Alor Star came under control today as his troops scurry back down the Malayan peninsula ... the race is on!!!

And my troops just landed at Manado ... should be easy pickings.And a place to get some a/c into place.

More SS's were hit in various places, but I'm pretty sure he has mined all the ports on the West side of Japan (Sasebo ... etc)... I'm just hoping some of them will have to go to Manila for repair.

And despite repeated attacks on a Fort near Vladivostok ... I can't overrun his positions ... [:@]
Ground combat at 65,32

Japanese Deliberate attack

Attacking force 61972 troops, 823 guns, 1083 vehicles, Assault Value = 1131

Defending force 3174 troops, 34 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 91

Japanese max assault: 1155 - adjusted assault: 706

Allied max defense: 62 - adjusted defense: 55

Japanese assault odds: 12 to 1

Japanese ground losses:
179 casualties reported
Guns lost 10

Allied ground losses:
297 casualties reported
Guns lost 9
ny59giants

Post by ny59giants »

More SS's were hit in various places, but I'm pretty sure he has mined all the ports on the West side of Japan (Sasebo ... etc)...

Now would I do that to you?? [;)]
I'm just hoping some of them will have to go to Manila for repair.

NOT!! I'm going to take my chances at sea instead of giving your Nells the chance to do what your ASW patrols could not do, sink them. I don't need to see torpedoes and/or 800kg AP bombs raing on them.
And despite repeated attacks on a Fort near Vladivostok ... I can't overrun his positions ... [:@]

They have an adequate supply of Vodka. [:D]
[center]Image[/center]
n01487477

Post by n01487477 »

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

They have an adequate supply of Vodka. [:D]
Could they be persuaded to defect for endless supplies of Sake and mind obliterating Soju(korea) ?
ny59giants

Post by ny59giants »

They know what the Japanese drink and they don't like that option. LOL!!
[center]Image[/center]

Return to “After Action Reports”