Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How does teamplay work?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> How does teamplay work? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How does teamplay work? - 6/3/2008 4:09:21 AM   
Fred98

I would expect one player is the overall commander. As assets enter the map he allocates them to Area "A", Area "B" and Area "C".

I am commanding Area "A" and I utilise my assets to achieve my objectives.

As the overall commander has sent ships to Area B they have to transit throught Area A. What is to stop me from using those ships?

How does it work?

It sounds terrific!

If there are 3 players on each side, I presume I would receive 1 email every 6 day

If any scenario lasts 90 days, I suspect it wil take 90 weeks to complete?

-

Post #: 1
RE: How does teamplay work? - 6/3/2008 12:46:16 PM   
seydlitz_slith

In our team game, we have 3 allied and 2 Japanese players. Each side divides their commands up as they see fit. The first Japanese player runs the turn, and sends a copy of all of the files to all players, just like in a regular pbem game. The exception to this is the actual savegame file itself. He issues his orders and saves the file without hitting end turn. He then sends this file to the other Japanese player. That player opens the turn, issues his orders, then hits end turn. He then sends the file to the first allied player who issues his orders and saves without hitting end turn. He passes to the next allied player, etc, with the last one to issue orders hitting the end turn button and sending the file to the first japanese player who will then run the turn, generating the combat save and other files. By sending all of the other files out together at one time, everyone can go ahead and watch the combat replay and look over the combat reports. So it actually takes very little time when the turn arrives to process it and send it own. We have had several turns where everyone did their cycle in a 24 hour period. Even at it's slowest, we still make 2-3 turns a week.

Hope that answers your question.

(in reply to Fred98)
Post #: 2
RE: How does teamplay work? - 6/4/2008 3:44:16 AM   
mutterfudder

Beware the NWO!

(in reply to seydlitz_slith)
Post #: 3
RE: How does teamplay work? - 6/4/2008 7:49:51 AM   
bilbow

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joe 98

I would expect one player is the overall commander. As assets enter the map he allocates them to Area "A", Area "B" and Area "C".

I am commanding Area "A" and I utilise my assets to achieve my objectives.

As the overall commander has sent ships to Area B they have to transit throught Area A. What is to stop me from using those ships?

How does it work?

It sounds terrific!

If there are 3 players on each side, I presume I would receive 1 email every 6 day

If any scenario lasts 90 days, I suspect it wil take 90 weeks to complete?

-

How fast it works depends on the players. I am in a 2 on 2 team game with Halsey & Irrelevant as Japs, Nomad and myself as Allies. On the Allied side, we divided it up by theater- Nomad has CBI primarily and I have the rest. The Japanese side is divided in a simlar fashion.

We go in the sequence Halsey(runs turn)/Irrelevant(finalizes)/Me/Nomad(finalizes). I joined the game in progess last fall, but we have averaged more than a turn a day since. This is as good a pace as I've seen in any one-on-one game. Game is currently in September 1943.

We work as partners, with neither of us in overall command. Lots of strategy discussion, something you don't get in a 1 on 1 game. Great fun.

Again speed depends entirely on the committment of the players, and we are a committed bunch.

On to Tokyo!

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile- hoping it will eat him last
- Winston Churchill

(in reply to Fred98)
Post #: 4
RE: How does teamplay work? - 6/4/2008 2:20:15 PM   
Nomad

Maybe we should just be committed Bill.

(in reply to bilbow)
Post #: 5
RE: How does teamplay work? - 6/5/2008 7:59:27 AM   
bilbow

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nomad

Maybe we should just be committed Bill.

I already was. What about you?

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile- hoping it will eat him last
- Winston Churchill

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> How does teamplay work? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI