Matrix Games Forums

Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual previewThe fight for Armageddon begins! The Matrix Holiday sales are starting today!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

You sold me

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> For Liberty! & 1848 >> You sold me Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
You sold me - 5/25/2008 3:52:16 AM   
Big B

Just wanted to say - "you guys sold me"

I bought the game today. I tried out the demo for a few days and got hooked. I also tried out the demo for BoA - it has potential - but I'm waiting to try BoA gold ...not that it matters to you guys at Hussar Games.

One thing I will say after trying both Rev War games, For Liberty was much more intuitive for me, and I really liked the the larger scale map, weekly time scale, and tactical battle option - it made the difference to me as to which game to buy (are you listening AGEOD...and other developers?)

A note to Ike99 - your AAR of this game that I read - was what got me interested in trying the game.

Anyway, good game Hussar - I am interested in your further releases.

http://sites.google.com/site/bigbsshipyard/home
Post #: 1
RE: You sold me - 6/13/2008 11:15:58 AM   
Ike99

quote:

A note to Ike99 - your AAR of this game that I read - was what got me interested in trying the game.

Oh yeah?...Well hopefully you are not dissappointed.

I myself enjoy the game quite a bit. The 2d graphics and hexagon movement map are probably somewhat of a throw back to most newer wargames but I like the classic wargame style. I think this engine type is ¨classic¨ for a good reason. It works and works well for wargames.

I looked at ¨Birth of America¨ before getting this title but the area movement map threw me off and the map looked too ¨busy¨ to my eyes. Not to say BOA is not a good game, never played it but ¨For Liberty´s¨ engine is what made me chose it over BOA.

About the AAR, I ended up getting killed by the massive British reinforcements, indians and British fleet. The British fleet especially. Really difficult to form a stable situation when the British fleet gives them such mobility to invade weak areas like the southern colonies.

The AI is fair and the higher difficulty levels allows the AI to recieve massive reinforcements it seems. Human vs Human play is where this game is really good.

Hopefully, if Hussar is still around, they will make a Civil War game around this engine.

< Message edited by Ike99 -- 6/13/2008 11:21:57 AM >

(in reply to Big B)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> For Liberty! & 1848 >> You sold me Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI