Forgot to include the Readme doc in the update, so here it is:
Muscle Mike's NFL 1976 Roster for Madden 04 converted to Maximum Football 2.0
Notes about this initial upload:
- Unzip the lge_NFL76 file into your main Maximum Football folder.
- The uniform, main logo, and field art is in a separate download. This folder (Teams_NFL76) is also unzipped into the main folder.
- All names, heights, weights, positions, and jersey numbers should be 100% accurate. Please let me know of any discrepancies.
- The schedule is completely accurate to the 1976 season.
- Skins tones should mostly be correct with some fine tuning here and there to be done.
- Faces and facemasks also need some fine tuning.
- Player ratings were converted using a very unscientific formula, but should be in line with MaxFB's basic ratings ranges for each skill. There, again, may be some fine tuning to be done here.
- No work at all was done on any playbooks. This is not my expertise, and appreciate any contributions of help or suggestions that will make these more authentic. This affects the integrity of the depth charts as you will see.
- Speaking of depth charts: they are basically 100% accurate but some players may be out of position, particularly in the 4-3 defensive alignment. I'm open to suggestions here on the best playbooks to use that will correct this. The teams that use the 3-4 should be fine using the stock playbooks included with version 2.0 of MaxFB.
- Note that Tampa Bay is in the AFC Central. This is not an error. The Bucs and Seahawks swapped conferences beginning in 1977. Most of you know this, but in case some didn't...
- More updates to come. Enjoy the trip down memory lane! :)
Version 1.1 Update:
- Fixed St. Louis Cardinals jersey numbers and skill ratings on their LB's and DB's. These were missed in the first upload.
- Muscle Mike (from Football-Freaks.com) for doing the real front-end heavy lifting of creating these rosters in the first place.
- JDHalfrack and his DB editor for allowing me to do this within a reasonable amount of time.
- bassman58 and many of the other uniform modders out there.
- local8h for the awesome stadiums he's created.
- David Winter for having the vision to create such a great product as MaxFB, along with his understanding of the pc football gaming community and what it really demands.
- everyone in the Maximum Football community interested in seeing the full potential of this game, and the many different modifications that are being done to make this game even better than it already is.