Matrix Games Forums

Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual previewThe fight for Armageddon begins! The Matrix Holiday sales are starting today!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Spanish Civil War

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Panzer Command: Kharkov >> Maps, Models and Mods >> Spanish Civil War Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Spanish Civil War - 5/19/2008 12:37:38 AM   
junk2drive

Here is a mod for SCW scenarios. JSGME ready. It replaces the HUD iron cross and Soviet star with Nationalist and Republican symbols, and the on map victory flags.

It is a work in progress as the flags turn dark in game. I will fix that when I get some help from the forum.

EDIT They do not turn dark in summer, daytime, scenarios. Must have been the season and time that I tested them in.

I recently played a SPWAW battle made by Wild Bill Wilder which pitted the 1930's generation armour against each other. Lots of fun as the tanks couldn't hit each other for several shots and fearful crews would bail easily.

Here is a webpage for ASL with the list of AFVs and weapons of the war.

http://www.santacruzchronicles.com/scwveh.html

Someone with xml talent can make captured AFVs easily so that both sides can have early war tanks from Germany and Russia.

Hope this inspires some scenarios.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by junk2drive -- 5/19/2008 5:14:52 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Spanish Civil War - 5/19/2008 12:47:09 AM   
Stridor

Paul,

Great Idea. Actually got me to thinking .... hmmm .....

JSGME means that in theory a total conversion of PCK to another theater is possible.

For example North Africa? You would need to mod a lot of stuff including maps, medals, icons, flags, units, game text (which is in an xml) but it should be possible to make a whole new theater. The only downside is the Russian order delay which is built into the code .

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 2
RE: Spanish Civil War - 5/19/2008 12:53:38 AM   
junk2drive

I learned a lot making PTO, Korea, AIW, Vietnam, and SCW mods for CM.

Take a winter map, replace the snow with sand, reskin some things...

But you need some Brits and Aussies and Kiwis and they will have that Soviet doctrine stuff...

(in reply to Stridor)
Post #: 3
RE: Spanish Civil War - 5/19/2008 4:49:55 AM   
Redleg

J2D:
The idea to create a SCW variant should be great.  Those Italian and PZ1s vs the Soviet early armor could be a lot of fun.  Need some Pacos for the Royalists..... armored trains might be possible if one settled for converting the static ones presently in the game.  Cavalry will eventually be needed.  Even the later year SS cavalry that was at Buda and Pest. ;-)  My own favorites are Cossacks.

Just today, I was thinking about what it would take to create a Battalion of Brandenbergers... and plug them into a small Continuation War campaign.  But I am just learning how to deal with minor changes to the existing maps.

A lot of great fun ahead with this game.

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 4
RE: Spanish Civil War - 5/19/2008 5:19:27 AM   
junk2drive

The Panzer Wars rules and charts give you all you need to model the attributes of all the AFVs into xmls. Making the 3D models to go with them is another thing.

Winter War with the Finns would be easier as you can use StuGIIIs and captured Soviet tanks. Even adding markings to the skins would be relatively easy.

(in reply to Redleg)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Panzer Command: Kharkov >> Maps, Models and Mods >> Spanish Civil War Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI