Matrix Games Forums

Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets huge update and a Steam release!Battle Academy 2 opens up a new front!Flashpoint Campaigns Featured on weekly Streaming SessionFrontline: The Longest Day - New Screenshots!Deal of the Week: Hannibal Rome and CarthageFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets Players Edition!To End All Wars gets its first major patch! Hell is now available!War in the West Wacht am Rhein AAR Deal of the Week Panzer Corps: Allied Corps
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Scenarios

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Command Ops Series >> Scenarios Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Scenarios - 5/8/2008 12:52:45 AM   
dakuman

Really looking forward to this game....Is there a list of scenarios that will be included in the game?
Post #: 1
RE: Scenarios - 5/8/2008 2:35:38 AM   
simovitch

I think this is the list so far:

"Bastogne Breakout" Covers the attack of 6th Armored out of the Bastogne perimeter, and 12. SS and 340 VGD counterattack.

"Dinant- Do or Die" Covers XLVII Pz Korps' advance toward the Meuse, 2nd Armored's counterattack.

"Greyhound Dash" Covers LVIII Pz Korps advance toward Marche, and 3rd Armored's counterattack.

"Hell on Wheels Counterattack" Covers the attack of CCA/2 from Jan 4 against SS Pz Gr Regt 4. Simple scenario, intended for beginners.

"Manhay Crossroads" Covers the advance of 2. SS Pz toward Grandmenil/ Manhay.

"Mayhem on the Meuse" What if scenario. 9. Pz have to expand a bridgehead across the Meuse, 2nd Armored counterattacks.

"Peiper crosses the Meuse" What if scenario. KG Peiper have to establish a bridgehead across the Meuse, 30th Division, 82nd Airborne and 2nd Armored are rushed to the scene to prevent this.

"Peiper's Race for the Meuse" Covers the advance of KG Peiper.

"Spearhead v. Reich" Semi-historical scenario covering the fight between 2. SS Pz and 3rd Armored. Runs for 17 days.

"The Final Jump" What if scenario. Covers a German airborne assault on the twin villages Rocherath and Krinkelt, and the German ground offensive.

"Elsenborn Ridge" Historical battle covering Rocherath Krinkelt and Peiper's breakout through Honsfeld- Büllingen.

"We fight and die here". Covers the defence of Dom. Butgenbach by 1st Division against 12. SS.

"Widening the corridor" Covers the American drive to expand the Bastogne Corridor, and the German attemps to cut it.

"Stuck in the Teeth" Krueger's 58 Panzerkorps attemps to grab the Our River bridges at Ouren and Oberhausen and exit to Houffalize or Burg Reuland.

"The Battered Bastards" 26th VGD and KG 901/Lehr attempt to reduce Bastogne before Patton's 4th Armored can relieve them.

"Race for Bastogne" 47 Panzerkorps drive to Bastogne. Germans gotta build them Our River bridges. I played this as Germans and it was a real hoot beating the 101st to Bastogne by a few hours.

"Battle of the Roadblocks" Scaled down version of 47 PanzerKorps drive from Clervaux to Bastogne & Noville.

"Patton's favorite" Scaled down version of "Battered Bastards" covering the 4th Armored relief VS 5th FJ and elements of 26th VGD. Like Höfen Ho-down, it's small enough to test out some of the new features with quick play.

"Skorzeney's bid for glory" Historically the attack on Malmedy was a disaster for Panzer Brigade 150. This scenario assumes that elements of Kampfgruppe Kuhlmann of 12SS Panzer Division have bypassed Dom. Bütgenbach to the south and are brought forward to assist Skorzeney.

"Losheim Gap" The initial objective of the LXVI (66th) Corps is to sweep around either side of the Schnee Eifel and sieze the Our River bridges at Andler, Schonberg, and Steinebruck and drive for St. Vith.

"Höfen Ho-down" The plan for General Hitzfeld's LXVII (67th) Corps, or "Corps Monschau", was to break through the American lines at Höfen and on either side of Monschau and push on past Mützenich and take up defensive positions near Eupen, providing flank protection for the 6th Panzer Armee.

"Cracking the Goose Egg" The German tide was flowing past to the North and South and rising to the east of St. Vith, and the American Commanders knew that withdrawal from the goose egg was inevitable.

"Nobody comes back" With instructions to bypass enemy stronholds, the 2 German divisions and attached units of the LXXXV Corps were to push to the west and southwest, fanning out to guard the southern flank of the 5. Panzer Armee by forming a defensive line along the Sûre river from south of Bastogne to Diekirch.

"Assault on the Sauer" The German LXXX Corps was to be the southern anchor of the Ardennes offensive. With 2 Volksgrenadier divisions and a few assault guns, the task given to LXXX Corps was to cross the Sauer River at various points and push to the south and establish defensive positions and prepare for the inevitable counterattack from General Pattons 3rd Army.

< Message edited by simovitch -- 5/8/2008 2:37:10 AM >

simovitch

(in reply to dakuman)
Post #: 2
RE: Scenarios - 5/8/2008 4:25:36 AM   
dakuman

Sounds great...thanks simovitch.

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 3
RE: Scenarios - 5/8/2008 2:46:39 PM   
Grell

That is a huge amount of scenarios, this should be a beauty.

Regards,

Greg

(in reply to dakuman)
Post #: 4
RE: Scenarios - 5/8/2008 5:37:22 PM   
JeF

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grell

Less than in COTA or HTTR still.
I confirm : this will be a beauty.

Regards,

JeF.

Rendez-vous at Loenen before 18:00.
Don't loose your wallet !
Conquest Of The Aegean Web Development Team
The Drop Zone

(in reply to Grell)
Post #: 5
RE: Scenarios - 6/3/2008 2:21:33 AM   
Joe D.

Am I correct in assuming that the many battles to recover lost ground during the German offensive are all in BftB? How far into Jan does this game go?

BTW, I was in 2AD, but not during the Bulge.

Stratford, Connecticut, U.S.A.

"The Angel of Okinawa"

Home of the Chance-Vought Corsair, F4U
The best fighter-bomber of World War II

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 6
RE: Scenarios - 6/3/2008 3:40:27 AM   
BASB

Wow, a 17 day scenario, players will have to watch their supply in a game that length.

Formerly Goodwood

(in reply to Joe D.)
Post #: 7
RE: Scenarios - 6/3/2008 6:55:51 AM   
Chris Merchant

what's the ratio of user-made to Panther Games designed scens?

cheers

(in reply to BASB)
Post #: 8
RE: Scenarios - 6/3/2008 8:33:30 AM   
JeF

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris Merchant

1 to 10 ?

The reverse than for SSG.

JeF.

Rendez-vous at Loenen before 18:00.
Don't loose your wallet !
Conquest Of The Aegean Web Development Team
The Drop Zone

(in reply to Chris Merchant)
Post #: 9
RE: Scenarios - 6/3/2008 1:46:20 PM   
simovitch

quote:

cheers

I'm not sure what you mean here Chris?

simovitch

Post #: 10
RE: Scenarios - 6/3/2008 1:56:40 PM   
HansBolter

quote:

ORIGINAL: simovitch

quote:

cheers

I'm not sure what you mean here Chris?

Since the game hasn't been released yet there are no user made scenarios.

On the comment about a 17 day scenario, there are many that run over 5 days and several up around 8-11 days.

Supply and fatigue become important factors in games of that length.

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 11
RE: Scenarios - 6/3/2008 1:57:09 PM   
Chris Merchant

I'm interested in finding out how many scenarios within the game are constructed by Panther games and how many are put together by third parties. Just for my interest; I'm buying it regardless.

cheers

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 12
RE: Scenarios - 6/3/2008 2:46:29 PM   
Grell

quote:

ORIGINAL: JeF

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grell

Less than in COTA or HTTR still.
I confirm : this will be a beauty.

Regards,

JeF.

Hi JeF,

Well it sure is alot more than Battlefront! LOL!

Regards,

Greg

(in reply to JeF)
Post #: 13
RE: Scenarios - 6/3/2008 5:05:55 PM   
Arjuna

quote:

I'm interested in finding out how many scenarios within the game are constructed by Panther games and how many are put together by third parties. Just for my interest; I'm buying it regardless.

cheers

Chris,

The way we develop our games here is that we have several Data Design Teams that each focus on a particular theatre and they develop the data content - the maps, estabs and scenarios. That frees me and Paul to focus on developing the UI and AI. The DDT members come from all over the world but they are all dedicated wargamers and while they are part-timers their approach is very professional. Some focus on estabs, some on maps, others on scenarios and everyone playtests the scenarios and provides feedback and input to the many discussions we have on the Panther Dev forums.

Richard "Simovitch" Simonitch coordinates the DDTs. He's a legend here and he keeps a pretty tight reign on the data content ensuring the quality and the quantity is up to standard. I try and get to play the scenarios when and as I can as does Paul. Please rest assured that the scenarios wont be good they will be great.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

Post #: 14
RE: Scenarios - 6/4/2008 1:09:28 AM   
Chris Merchant

sounds good to me!

cheers

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 15
RE: Scenarios - 7/17/2008 7:27:36 PM   
SabotTx

Getting caught up on this excellent game platform. Just bought HTTR last month and I just love it. I have not played any of the stock scenarios yet, for my interest is in Normandy. I have downloaded some of the custom Normandy scenarios for HTTR and have been modifying them since. I really enjoy HTTR and I am looking forward to BFTB. I am hoping that there are improvements to allow a novice like myself to create or modify maps and units with ease. In HTTR, it’s a little complex but nothing that the tools I found on the web can’t overcome. I will be spending my time while waiting for the new title to be release in learning the basics in play and scenario making. Once the BFTB comes out, I am going to dive into making various scenarios (if it’s not done before I get started) centered on the Normandy Campaign. I sure would love to put knowledge and research to use.

< Message edited by SabotTx -- 7/17/2008 7:53:31 PM >

Post #: 16
RE: Scenarios - 7/19/2008 12:46:42 AM   
simovitch

Hello SabotTx and welcome! In BFTB You will be provided with several templates for German, British and US Divisions and independent Battalions for 1944 - in most cases you will just have to change the Battalion, Regiment and Divisional Numbers, made easy with the MS Excel find/replace tools.

If you want to get started on Normandy Maps now, you will be able to port them into BFTB and finish off your scenarios with the new features and estabs. To pass the time, you could start assembling your OOB's and unit appearance matrix.

cheers,

simovitch

(in reply to SabotTx)
Post #: 17
RE: Scenarios - 7/19/2008 11:31:29 PM   
Huib

Will some of the january 1945 battles be present as well?

Huib

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 18
RE: Scenarios - 7/20/2008 1:35:03 AM   
simovitch

Huib - there are at least 3 scenarios that carry over into the first week of January, but nothing yet that carries the battle through the whole month. It's hard to find good research from that period, although Dupey covers some of it. We may whip something up yet.

simovitch

(in reply to Huib)
Post #: 19
RE: Scenarios - 7/20/2008 7:36:35 PM   
Huib

Perhaps the 30th ID vs the 3. FJD. Hans Wijers wrote a good book about the 3rd FJD in the Bulge. Very interesting indeed.

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 20
RE: Scenarios - 7/20/2008 8:13:31 PM   
simovitch

Hmmm I was just thinking about that one.

We met up with Hans at Losheimergraben during our last tour - We had lunch in a cafe in Schoppen where I believe he sold that book to Pieter Schouten (aka Tukker), one of our designers.

I have most of his other Bulge books, but not that one. We shall see what we can do.

simovitch

(in reply to Huib)
Post #: 21
RE: Scenarios - 7/21/2008 12:42:05 AM   
Arjuna

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 22
RE: Scenarios - 7/21/2008 6:54:11 AM   
Huib

That would be very cool... It seems the world is sometimes smaller than we think.
Anyhow since the game will get a complete editor, anything is possible I guess. Even after it is released.

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 23
RE: Scenarios - 7/21/2008 12:29:39 PM   
SabotTx

Any update on the map editor that will ship with BFTB? I am wondering if it will be any easier to work with. 

(in reply to Huib)
Post #: 24
RE: Scenarios - 7/21/2008 12:45:31 PM   
Arjuna

We have not made any significant changes to the MapMaker user interface. What did you find difficult?

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to SabotTx)
Post #: 25
RE: Scenarios - 7/21/2008 12:53:07 PM   
SabotTx

Nothing which is a show stopper. I was hoping for a way to import a topo map as the base map. Then "draw" game related detail on layers on the map. It looked like you where moving towards a topo quality maps. The game style fits so sweet with a more historic topo map background.

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 26
RE: Scenarios - 7/21/2008 1:26:00 PM   
Arjuna

Well in fact we scan the historical topographical maps and import these as an underlay. But we use this to then trace the layers. We currently do not have the ability to display this underlay in the game. Interesting idea. Thanks for the suggestion.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to SabotTx)
Post #: 27
RE: Scenarios - 7/21/2008 2:18:18 PM   
SabotTx

Using a real topo map, would IMHO bring a new historical gaming dimension to genre. I assumed you did some type of tracing, due to the levels of accuracy I have seen. Is the scanning & tracing in HTTR possible for a user such as myself? I wish for my maps to be historically accurate.

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 28
RE: Scenarios - 7/21/2008 3:01:29 PM   
simovitch

If you have a topo in .bmp format, you can import it into the Mapmaker and trace right over it. The Map Maker manual that comes with HTTR explains it pretty well.

The Mapmaker does come with some new editing tools that allow you to easily select an entity and put it in another layer. This came in handy when we changed the road class of several roads.

simovitch

(in reply to SabotTx)
Post #: 29
RE: Scenarios - 7/21/2008 4:00:18 PM   
SabotTx

Do you have any ideas where I can get accurate topo maps of France 1944? I have been collecting them for years. Just wanted to ensure I am not overlooking a prime map! :)

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Command Ops Series >> Scenarios Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI