I've been monitoring bombing accuracy and effectiveness in the RHS PBEM I'm involved in as the Japanese. I have seen the actual statistics, and that leads to the following comments:
1. Level bombing accuracy (about 10,000 feet) is about an order of magnitude too high against ships at sea. On the other hand, since it took 1-2 bombs to sink an AK in reality, the increased accuracy may not have as serious an effect as might be expected.
2. Torpedo accuracy is two to three times too high.
3. Dive bombing accuracy is two to three times too high.
4. Naval search missions (about 5,000 feet) are about an order of magnitude too effective at hitting ships at sea.
5. ASW search missions are about two orders of magnitude too effective at killing subs at sea and about an order of magnitude too effective at detecting subs.
2. if it´s two times too high, then it should equal out again, as ships can take at least twice as many torps as in RL
3. same as 1, ships can absorb far more bombs than in RL
4. agreed, high exp crews score bomb hits on and on
5. agreed, if LBA is massed somewhere you can sweep the sea of subs, no matter if Allied or Japanese