Matrix Games Forums

Buzz Aldrins Space Program Manager is now available!Space Program Manager gets mini-site and Twitch SessionBuzz Aldrin: Ask Me Anything (AMA) on redditDeal of the week Fantasy Kommander: Eukarion WarsSpace Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Paratrooper question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Paratrooper question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Paratrooper question - 5/5/2008 2:06:09 AM   
05angels

Hello all, long time gamer and really enjoying AT. Played the Africa scenario as a shakedown cruise and have jumped into pbem with a buddy, Russia 41. We are both new to the game and here is my question. I plan on making a para drop against the soviets. Is it possible to drop mortars, machineguns or a hq etc with the paras or do they drop with no support options?
Post #: 1
RE: Paratrooper question - 5/5/2008 6:03:01 AM   
Webizen

You can only paradrop the paratroop unit into enemy territory, however, you can tranport from town to town within range any type of land unit (within capacity of your transports).

(in reply to 05angels)
Post #: 2
RE: Paratrooper question - 5/5/2008 11:56:49 AM   
Joshuatree

Yep, the para's are the only ones that can paradrop. If you click on a unit it shows all the attack/defense values, art. range and fighter range and what not. There you also can see whether it has paradrop capacity or not. AFAIK para's are the only ones, ashame really you can't paradrop light AT guns, or bazookas. Oh well, they are not supposed to hold out indefenitely...

(in reply to Webizen)
Post #: 3
RE: Paratrooper question - 5/5/2008 9:21:54 PM   
british exil

Would be nice if the paras could handle a few MG's or mortars.
I think I would use them more often to harass enemy movement. Maybe even take hold of major road junctions knowing that my Inf and Cav units would be joining up with them in 1-3 turns.

Maybe a research option would be required to create such units. Or maybe only the west could research it. Airborne units were used more by the Allies than the Axis powers. Although the axis were bled real hard in Crete.

(in reply to Joshuatree)
Post #: 4
RE: Paratrooper question - 5/6/2008 12:25:17 AM   
Joshuatree

"Although the axis were bled real hard in Crete" Yep, and they used some highly sophisticated weaponry too. But, too costly.
Maybe in AT-2 hmm? Drop a few para units at supply lines and  road junctions, hehe.  

(in reply to british exil)
Post #: 5
RE: Paratrooper question - 5/6/2008 4:37:51 AM   
05angels

Well it be nice to be able to add some support as mortars, mgs and light anti tank were dropped. However, I realize for balance purposes compromises need to be made. I do like the idea of spending research to buff the paras however.....

(in reply to Joshuatree)
Post #: 6
RE: Paratrooper question - 5/6/2008 10:33:22 AM   
Delyn Locksmiths

You can do that, no problem. But the thing is it's a game. Things are representative of real things, and the paratroop unit is an abstract construction. It probably fights as well against an armoured division as paratroops with that dropped support would do. If you want it to fight better against say armour as time goes on (remember the armour is getting better too) then you could just bump up it's values. You don't actually need a "paradropped AT gun" unit to represent that in the game.

(in reply to 05angels)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Paratrooper question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI