Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!Deal of the Week Espana 1936
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

COG:EE Naval Combat Testers Needed

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> COG:EE Naval Combat Testers Needed Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
COG:EE Naval Combat Testers Needed - 5/1/2008 6:31:14 AM   
Gil R.

As we move forward in the process of testing “Crown of Glory: Emperor’s Edition” we would like to find some additional testers, especially those interested in focusing on the new detailed naval combat system. Whereas the original version of COG handled all naval combat using our grid-based “quick combat” system, now the player will have the opportunity to fight out naval battles ship by ship, gun by gun. We have put great effort into achieving accuracy and authenticity and a great level of detail, and testing results have been positive so far. It would be very good, though, to get some additional testers with expertise in naval combat of the period.

Just to whet your appetites a little... There will be the choice of shooting at the sails or shooting at the hull, just as there will be a choice of whether to use canister and try to target the crew and marines, chain shot that damages the rigging but not the hull, or round shot that can damage the hull. Sails can get jammed, rudders can be destroyed, cannons can get loose, ships can get stuck on other ships, and fire can spread from ship to ship. There will be grappling and boarding of enemy ships, as well as salvos fired across the waves. All in all, the combination of highly detailed naval combat and our existing detailed combat system for land battles (which is being further improved on in several ways, including one that should be a most welcome new feature to many) will be unprecedented for a Napoleonics game.

We also would still welcome new testers who already are familiar with COG. It is still too early for us to have testers who are new to the game, but in a few weeks that will change and we will want some fresh eyes. So, if you would like to be a part of the development process, please contact me.
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> COG:EE Naval Combat Testers Needed Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI