Matrix Games Forums

Buzz Aldrins Space Program Manager is now available!Space Program Manager gets mini-site and Twitch SessionBuzz Aldrin: Ask Me Anything (AMA) on redditDeal of the week Fantasy Kommander: Eukarion WarsSpace Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Wall Diorama - Demonstration Wall

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Panzer Command: Kharkov >> Maps, Models and Mods >> Wall Diorama - Demonstration Wall Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Wall Diorama - Demonstration Wall - 4/25/2008 10:38:59 AM   
Mraah

Hey all,

Not to show off too much ... but I built a little diorama showcasing my new wall which I think will be a winner. The tank and crew members give it some scale. I reduced the thickness and used the factory_brick01 and scaled the texture properly.

Thanks for looking! I won't try to bore folks with my new stuff ... too much. I'll make a download zip someday, if anybody wants my crazy models.

Anyway, it's to stress the point that even I, a very ameuture modder, can make something ... it's not perfect, but something.

Yeah, walls are easy ... rectangle ... more complex shape ideas to come (hopefully).

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Mraah -- 4/25/2008 10:41:13 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Wall Diorama - Demonstration Wall - 4/25/2008 10:48:52 AM   
Rick

Mraah,

Yeah - some amatuer - you're not boring me at least. But you are making me feel pretty "graphically challenged" I guees is the politically correct way of saying it.

I will want your wall collection. Not sure when or where I'll use it, but I know I'll want it. (kinda neat like the guard tower I ran across on one of the maps).

I still like the wall that's textured like the Church wall - it looks pretty "authentic" and aged.

Seeing what you've done make me all the more convinced that this game series has legs.

Thanks
Rick

(in reply to Mraah)
Post #: 2
RE: Wall Diorama - Demonstration Wall - 4/25/2008 10:57:11 AM   
Mraah

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rick
I will want your wall collection. Not sure when or where I'll use it, but I know I'll want it. (kinda neat like the guard tower I ran across on one of the maps).

I still like the wall that's textured like the Church wall - it looks pretty "authentic" and aged.

As time goes by I'll make a set of church like walls ... for later, in you new SL map. Peak at some of the hundreds of textures in the media folder and map folders and holler at me what kind of texture and sizes. I don't mind making them, it helps me learn. I'll see if I can make a particular structure for you, if you can't find a building that fit's your map. At the very least, it'll be a learning experience for both of us.

Thanks,
Rob

(in reply to Rick)
Post #: 3
RE: Wall Diorama - Demonstration Wall - 4/25/2008 11:39:50 AM   
Stridor

Nice!

Rob you will have to work on the wall "edge" textures next

I can see this turning into a library of new props for future map makers to be able to drop onto their creations pre-made props by other talented modders.

For this to work the community would need to agree on a directory structure somewhere off the main Media hierarchy, which would have both mesh and textures dirs (like the stock game). Also when you submit a model or texture you would need to supply the xml links for the master media.xml which future users will just plonk into their new map directories. This way in scenedit they will just select whatever they want to place on their map.

(in reply to Mraah)
Post #: 4
RE: Wall Diorama - Demonstration Wall - 4/25/2008 12:09:01 PM   
Mraah

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stridor
Nice!
Rob you will have to work on the wall "edge" textures next

Thanks ... yeah, the edges ... I have a good idea on how to do that ... if I get stuck I'll holler, but like you said, there's a bazillion tut's for MS3D. The texture application was done by following the Fish tut ...

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stridor
I can see this turning into a library of new props for future map makers to be able to drop onto their creations pre-made props by other talented modders.

For this to work the community would need to agree on a directory structure somewhere off the main Media hierarchy, which would have both mesh and textures dirs (like the stock game). Also when you submit a model or texture you would need to supply the xml links for the master media.xml which future users will just plonk into their new map directories. This way in scenedit they will just select whatever they want to place on their map.

Yes ... agreed. Perhaps Erik can decide and maybe ... maybe put out a patch down the road where it's coded in so the Media file can just look in a directory (USER/MESH, USER/TEXTURES) for wildcards *.x or *.bmp and add them automatically to the library without having to mess with specific extra stuff ... maybe even make a master Extra directory or User_Extra ... blah bah blah, I can go on, and on.

Rob

(in reply to Stridor)
Post #: 5
RE: Wall Diorama - Demonstration Wall - 4/25/2008 12:13:40 PM   
Cougar_DK

What a great diorama, the caption should be something like...."Comrade, I told you that we should gone around the wall." 

Cougars Corner

(in reply to Stridor)
Post #: 6
RE: Wall Diorama - Demonstration Wall - 4/25/2008 12:14:20 PM   
Rick

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mraah

As time goes by I'll make a set of church like walls ... for later, in you new SL map. Peak at some of the hundreds of textures in the media folder and map folders and holler at me what kind of texture and sizes. I don't mind making them, it helps me learn. I'll see if I can make a particular structure for you, if you can't find a building that fit's your map. At the very least, it'll be a learning experience for both of us.

Thanks,
Rob

Sounds good.

Thanks,
Rick

(in reply to Mraah)
Post #: 7
RE: Wall Diorama - Demonstration Wall - 4/25/2008 12:20:07 PM   
Mraah

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cougar_DK

What a great diorama, the caption should be something like...."Comrade, I told you that we should gone around the wall." 

... I forgot to put the radio on the wall ... The surviving comrade is doing the Macarena Dance ... heeeeyyy macarena!

(in reply to Cougar_DK)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Panzer Command: Kharkov >> Maps, Models and Mods >> Wall Diorama - Demonstration Wall Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI