Matrix Games Forums

War in the West gets its first update!Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm version 2.08 is now available!Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual preview
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Autosave manager + new Start Speed Up

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Panzer Command: Kharkov >> Maps, Models and Mods >> Autosave manager + new Start Speed Up Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Autosave manager + new Start Speed Up - 4/18/2008 1:54:07 PM   
Stridor

Ok here is my new Speed up + autosave manager

To install just copy the PCK.vbs to the main PCK directory. You can then make a shortcut to the script anywhere you like.

If you have renamed or deleted your intro move, please put it back in the main directory as

"panzercommandintro.wmv"

This is important as I wanted this to work on entirely stock settings.

How it all works:

When you start PCK with this script it will automagically start PCK without you having to go through the confirm screen.

It will also rename the intro movie so that you don't see it, thereby speeding up the whole process. When you exit out of PCK the intro move will be renamed back to normal, so that if you ever wanted to see it again you can by just starting PCK in the usual way.

The other thing this script does is to manage your autosaves. Essentially it keeps a running save of your last 25 autosaves (this is configurable to more or less on your liking). This will be handy for replaying a whole battle (provided it doesn't last more than 25 turns) as necessary (ie for AARs). Autosave backups greater than 25 turns are automatically deleted.

Backup autosaves are saved as

"@ YYYY-MM-DD HH-MM-SS"

eg

"@ 2008-04-21 14-52-08"

and are time sorted in the load battle list.

Maybe Erik can update the main menu screen to run PCK with this little option

EDIT: Update, now works even faster as you don't see the Matrix/Koios/Trisyn Splashscreen

EDIT: Update 1.4 Now fixes nasty bug where it wouldn't work if PCK forum was running at the time you started PCK Don't ask Also won't try and rename intromove if it doesn't exist or has already been renamed.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Stridor -- 4/19/2008 11:54:59 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Autosave manager + new Start Speed Up - 4/18/2008 2:29:43 PM   
Mraah

Appreciate ya Stridor!!

(in reply to Stridor)
Post #: 2
RE: Autosave manager + new Start Speed Up - 4/18/2008 2:36:57 PM   
JMass

Thanks!

"Klotzen, nicht Kleckern!"Generaloberst Heinz Wilhelm Guderian

(in reply to Mraah)
Post #: 3
RE: Autosave manager + new Start Speed Up - 4/18/2008 8:28:26 PM   
Rick

Hey Thanks -

Rick

(in reply to JMass)
Post #: 4
RE: Autosave manager + new Start Speed Up - 4/19/2008 3:24:58 AM   
Stridor

bump for minor update

(in reply to Rick)
Post #: 5
RE: Autosave manager + new Start Speed Up - 4/19/2008 5:18:56 PM   
Capitaine

Okay, I'm using the latest version of the script and I'm still getting the splash screen in addition to a "Script Error" every time I use it that says the script is already running.

EDIT: I restarted the computer and it ran fine and as supposed to. I exited the game and then tried starting it again and I got the same error and the splash screen was back.

< Message edited by Capitaine -- 4/19/2008 6:03:22 PM >

(in reply to Stridor)
Post #: 6
RE: Autosave manager + new Start Speed Up - 4/19/2008 11:26:29 PM   
Stridor

Hmmm,

Obviously something is wrong.

Sounds like the script is not auto exiting and that there are copies still running in the background.

When you exit out of PCK it can take up to 10 seconds before the script detects PCK has stopped running and then exits. If you exit PCK and then try a restart immediately after then you will get the still running error.

So wait > 10 seconds after exiting the game before restarting.

Also bring up the task manager and look for the wscript process. If it is there kill it and then try again. I will release a new version which will be more error tolerant in the next few hours (eg it won't care about finding the intro movie etc)

(in reply to Capitaine)
Post #: 7
RE: Autosave manager + new Start Speed Up - 4/19/2008 11:55:39 PM   
Stridor

bump for new version

(in reply to Stridor)
Post #: 8
RE: Autosave manager + new Start Speed Up - 4/20/2008 1:26:46 AM   
Capitaine

I think what you said above was this issue.  The game takes a while to stop running, and I guess the script stops after that.  I had been retrying it too soon after exiting the program.  I just tried it again after a lengthy wait and it ran fine again.  Sorry to be an alarmist, just didn't know how it was supposed to work.

(in reply to Stridor)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Panzer Command: Kharkov >> Maps, Models and Mods >> Autosave manager + new Start Speed Up Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI