Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release date
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Computer controlled sub question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Computer controlled sub question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Computer controlled sub question - 4/15/2008 7:31:56 PM   
John Lansford

I've turned off computer sub control and manually handle all the sub operations myself. However, about twice a week or so, a sub appears at Pearl Harbor that is running under computer control. Sometimes I find them motoring across the Pacific towards some Chinese port as well. Almost every time it's a US sub; I think one of the Dutch subs out of Trincomalee was under CC but that was it.

I've got all the ocean strategic areas under my control; only the Chinese theaters are under computer operation. How come some of my subs keep ending up under computer control?
Post #: 1
RE: Computer controlled sub question - 4/15/2008 7:41:27 PM   
Shark7

If you started a game with it turned ON, you may have to manaually reset the subs to human control. I've run into this when swapping from computer back to human control with the toggle before.

Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

(in reply to John Lansford)
Post #: 2
RE: Computer controlled sub question - 4/15/2008 7:50:38 PM   
Tallyho!

It's because you've got the China area under COMPUTER CONTROL.
Your AI General notices Japanese shipping in a Chinese port so steals your subs to go investigate. As has been said before with even one area on CC the AI will do weird things to anything anywhere on the map.

Post #: 3
RE: Computer controlled sub question - 4/15/2008 8:19:17 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tallyho!

It's because you've got the China area under COMPUTER CONTROL.
Your AI General notices Japanese shipping in a Chinese port so steals your subs to go investigate. As has been said before with even one area on CC the AI will do weird things to anything anywhere on the map.

i agree - never let the computer do anything, unless you like unpleasant surprises...

(in reply to Tallyho!)
Post #: 4
RE: Computer controlled sub question - 4/15/2008 9:14:19 PM   
John Lansford

So how come the Generalissimo isn't grabbing ALL the subs to use as he wishes?  It's usually the ones heading to Pearl Harbor (at least that's where I keep finding them) that are under CC.  If I send them near the Chinese shoreline will they get requisitioned by the AI?

It's not usually a problem since I check all my subs in port for damage, etc, but it is annoying.  I figured it was the Chinese AI but I don't want to bother with managing a land war there.  I'm more than willing to let that theater manage itself (as long as they leave my subs alone)...

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 5
RE: Computer controlled sub question - 4/15/2008 11:26:56 PM   
Speedy

Chiang Kai is very influential you know

For a small fee i'll handle your subs if you'd like?

WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester

Post #: 6
RE: Computer controlled sub question - 4/15/2008 11:56:52 PM   
Gem35

turn off the CC for China, of all the theaters, this seems to have the least amount of action.

It doesn't make any sense, Admiral. Were we better than the Japanese or just luckier?

Banner By Feurer Krieg

(in reply to Speedy)
Post #: 7
RE: Computer controlled sub question - 4/16/2008 11:19:21 AM   
John Lansford

I may go ahead and do that; it's mid-1943 and I've yet to see the AI do anything but fly recon missions and the occasional airstrike against Chinese targets.  It's not like there's a huge amount of ground fighting going on...

(in reply to Gem35)
Post #: 8
RE: Computer controlled sub question - 4/16/2008 11:27:13 AM   
cantona2

Manual subs is the way to go. Get them into his shipping lanes and become the worlds leading producer of artificial reefs

1966 was a great year for English Football...Eric was born

Banner by rogueusmc

Post #: 9
RE: Computer controlled sub question - 4/28/2008 9:31:43 PM   
John Lansford

(Resurrecting an old thread)

Follow up:  turned on all the theaters to manual control and they've been that way for several turns.  I'm still getting computer controlled subs!  I had four S-class subs in Pearl Harbor almost ready to send out again (SYS<3), when after running the next turn all four of them were in their own little TF's and had destinations already assigned to them.  I've seen the same thing happen with subs being repaired in Seattle and San Diego as well; once they reach a certain level of SYS repair, they get put under CC, go into a TF and get a destination assignment.

(in reply to cantona2)
Post #: 10
RE: Computer controlled sub question - 4/29/2008 2:32:43 AM   
Gem35

Do you have auto-subs turned off in the game options screen?

Attachment (1)

It doesn't make any sense, Admiral. Were we better than the Japanese or just luckier?

Banner By Feurer Krieg

Post #: 11
RE: Computer controlled sub question - 4/29/2008 3:55:30 AM   
Kull

If you are playing against the AI, just leave all your subs on Computer control. It levels the playing field just a tad, plus it's one less thing to worry about. If this were AE and you could set up patrol zones it might be worth it, but until then? No.

(in reply to Gem35)
Post #: 12
RE: Computer controlled sub question - 4/29/2008 3:59:49 AM   
Gem35

NO no no no, don't leave them on computer control.

< Message edited by Gem35 -- 4/29/2008 4:00:23 AM >

Banner By Feurer Krieg

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 13
RE: Computer controlled sub question - 4/29/2008 11:13:07 AM   
John Lansford

Yes that was it.  I had turned on "Auto Sub Ops" back when I started, but had taken manual control of each sub once it went on patrol.  Apparently subs in port that were fully repaired reverted back to Computer Control automatically.

(in reply to Gem35)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Computer controlled sub question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI