Matrix Games Forums

Civil War II Patch 1.4 public BetaHappy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now available
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: PzcK vs CMBB

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Panzer Command: Kharkov >> RE: PzcK vs CMBB Page: <<   < prev  5 6 7 8 [9]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: PzcK vs CMBB - 5/2/2008 3:52:22 AM   
Michael Dorosh

If anyone would like to try this out in ASL, I've created a VASL map for this. I'm also working on a Steel Panthers version. I think cross-platform/genre/whatever-you-want-to-call-it comparisons are fascinating.

The Tactical Wargamer

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 241
RE: PzcK vs CMBB - 5/2/2008 4:06:40 AM   
jomni

quote:

ORIGINAL: thewood1

POA2 is the only computer game I have see that sinulates friendly FOW. It is one of the most interesting games to play. It comes closest to simulation of command of any wargame out there. It had very long teething problems. CMSF tries to do it, but it is somewhat anemic.

POA2 is a great simulation. But that makes it less fun and more of a chore. :)

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 242
RE: PzcK vs CMBB - 5/2/2008 4:08:11 AM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Michael Dorosh
If anyone would like to try this out in ASL, I've created a VASL map for this. I'm also working on a Steel Panthers version. I think cross-platform/genre/whatever-you-want-to-call-it comparisons are fascinating.

Very interesting - have you played it out in ASL yet?

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Michael Dorosh)
Post #: 243
RE: PzcK vs CMBB - 5/2/2008 4:20:41 AM   
Michael Dorosh

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

quote:

Very interesting - have you played it out in ASL yet?

I'm thinking of doing up a scenario card and asking for a "playtest" at the gamesquad forums - see if I can't find a couple of heavyweights to look at it. I'll tell them it's an Historical ASL project in playtest. :)

Given the forces involved, I'm not sure what to expect from an ASL playthrough. It might be acquisition intensive, with all the mortars and AFVs, from a gameplay standpoint. ASL isn't used to long LOS ranges. On the other hand, cover for infantry may be closer to the PC:K model than the CM:BB?

< Message edited by Michael Dorosh -- 5/2/2008 4:22:02 AM >

The Tactical Wargamer

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 244
RE: PzcK vs CMBB - 5/2/2008 4:25:20 AM   
Rick

quote:

I could probably do a map that would be reasonable facsmile of this in PC:K - if that's what your asking. I never played ASL - only SL. I assume these are 40 meter hexes? I see some light woods (or are they orchards) and maybe some heavy woods? and maybe some marsh?

All on a reasonably level map (makes sense if that is marsh).

Let me know - Is there an OOB?

Thanks
Rick

Post #: 245
RE: PzcK vs CMBB - 5/2/2008 4:37:38 AM   
Michael Dorosh

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rick

I could probably do a map that would be reasonable facsmile of this in PC:K - if that's what your asking.

It's not what I'm asking. :)

This would be an ASL map of the CMBB map thewood made. The CMBB map was a copy of the PCK map from Cross at Barvenkovo.

Not that it wouldn't be fascinating to see how close your PC:K map came to the original...sort of like the old game where you tell someone a secret and see how much got lost in translation by the time it gets back to you...

The Tactical Wargamer

(in reply to Rick)
Post #: 246
RE: PzcK vs CMBB - 5/2/2008 4:46:33 AM   
Rick

quote:

quote:

I could probably do a map that would be reasonable facsmile of this in PC:K - if that's what your asking.

It's not what I'm asking. :)

This would be an ASL map of the CMBB map thewood made. The CMBB map was a copy of the PCK map from Cross at Barvenkovo.

Not that it wouldn't be fascinating to see how close your PC:K map came to the original...sort of like the old game where you tell someone a secret and see how much got lost in translation by the time it gets back to you...

LOL
ok - I'm admitttedly slow.

Post #: 247
RE: PzcK vs CMBB - 5/2/2008 4:51:20 AM   
Michael Dorosh

quote:

LOL
ok - I'm admitttedly slow.

I appreciate the offer nonetheless. It would have been fun to take you up on it, but I know how scarce hobby time can be and would have felt bad once you figured out what you had spent your time on...

The Tactical Wargamer

(in reply to Rick)
Post #: 248
RE: PzcK vs CMBB - 12/3/2009 1:49:27 AM   
junk2drive

bump for the holiday sale

Post #: 249
RE: PzcK vs CMBB - 12/3/2009 2:32:21 PM   
Slick Wilhelm

Thanks for the bump, J2D. 

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 250
RE: PzcK vs CMBB - 8/23/2010 3:49:46 AM   
junk2drive

bumping this for comparison to PCO.

(in reply to marcusm)
Post #: 251
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 7 8 [9]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Panzer Command: Kharkov >> RE: PzcK vs CMBB Page: <<   < prev  5 6 7 8 [9]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI