Moving immobile guns

The highly anticipated second release in the Panzer Command series, featuring an updated engine and many major feature improvements. 3D Tactical turn-based WWII combat on the Eastern Front, with historical scenarios and campaigns as well as support for random generated battles and campaigns from 1941-1944.
benpark

Moving immobile guns

Post by benpark »

Is it possible to hitch AT/AA/Inf guns to trucks to reposition them? I'm playing a rcg that placed all of my AT guns in an area of a map with no LOS to a useful area of the map, and I need to move 'em.
"Fear is a darkroom where the devil develops his negatives" Gary Busey
junk2drive

RE: Moving immobile guns

Post by junk2drive »

No but you can move them faster in PCK than the Soviet truck driver delay in CMBB.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
benpark

Post by benpark »

I don't seem to see a "move" option for them. They are Pak '40's.
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Are they in an emplacement that you need to unmount first? I do remember requesting a limber order but...
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
ravinhood

Post by ravinhood »

You serious J2D we can't move artillery around with trucks or tanks in this? They don't have mount and dismount options when a vehicle is near enough?
WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik! ;) and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?

junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

I just fired up the Soviet campaign and I can give move orders to the 76mm inf guns. But when I try a PAK 38, there are no move orders. I guess I played mostly as Soviets and must not have needed to move the guns when playing as Germans.

Erik?????
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Sorry, there is no on-map movement for guns other than infantry guns. You'd need a vehicle to move them and when looking at the time for mounting/unmounting them, we decided to leave that as an "out of scope" point as long as we still have very tactical 1kmx1km maps. Once map size gets larger, we'll add support for on-map movement of these heavier guns.

The infantry guns are movable since they were lighter and could be pushed/pulled over most terrain. One thing that I did want which didn't make it in was some ability to do limited adjustment without true movement of the other guns, but that ended up being covered by the 250m placement limit.

If you find yourself on a map (I assume this is a random battle?) where you can't get your AT guns to a useful location with 250m placement then that is unfortunately not something I can change right now. In my experience, I've always been able to get some use out of them with that placement range but I realize situations may come up where it's less ideal with all the possible random map battle combinations.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
benpark

Post by benpark »

I'd rethink the immobility of light AT guns. Give them a very slow rate of movement to signify the manpower movement factor. I can see heavier ones (such as the 88) being penalized as is.

See figure 1c for notes on smaller AT guns use in the field:

http://www.lonesentry.com/articles/ttt0 ... -guns.html
Mobius

Post by Mobius »

[:'(]

Attachments
pakhumor.jpg
pakhumor.jpg (131.1 KiB) Viewed 99 times
All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

While I could see a case for the 37mm PaK 36, I don't think the PaK 38 or PaK 40 could really be moved any significant distance by their crew. If anyone can show me that I'm definitely wrong on this, we will make changes but I'm hesitant to revisit thi without some real evidence.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Mraah

Post by Mraah »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Sorry, there is no on-map movement for guns other than infantry guns. You'd need a vehicle to move them and when looking at the time for mounting/unmounting them, we decided to leave that as an "out of scope" point as long as we still have very tactical 1kmx1km maps. Once map size gets larger, we'll add support for on-map movement of these heavier guns.

- Erik

Erik,

Hmmm, as a modder I can see that perhaps simply recoding the XML for a PAK gun from a vehicle into an infantry unit might work??

I know it would have the characteristics of an infantry unit with a big gun, (ie 360 degree vision, steps, etc), but it could be mounted, albeit the graphics showing it inside the halftrack [:D].

Anyway, I think you should allow it the capability for mounting/dismount in a future patch ... My reasoning is because in a RBG or RCG that AT gun might be tossed randomly to a location that, after the battle starts, you might need it across the board to deal with tanks. Yes, I know we can move it during setup but that's setup ... you know how dynamic the random games can be [:)].

My .02 cents worth.

Thank you again for a great game!!
Like the other thread title ... tongue in cheek ... I hate Matrix too! [:'(].

Rob
z1812

Post by z1812 »

Hi All,

Too bad about not being able to move Guns using trucks. One of my pleasures, in other games, is to under the cover of smoke, move a gun sneakily into a great position.

regards John

Return to “Panzer Command: Kharkov”