From: Erlangen, Germany
MikeMike,Floyd & others interested,
I got OpenOffice to connect properly... Below is where I got the information.
1. Download the latest OpenOffice 2.4
3. Open OpenOffice Database, just open the default database. Then setup a new class path in tools-options-java-classpath. For users your can find the hsqldb.jar file in the lib folder of their tracker install
4. The program will need to be restarted. Then connect to an existing DB after selecting New Database. Select JDBC.
5. Setup the Datasource URL (the path is obviously to your install folder of tracker)& the JDBC Driver Class.
6. set the password to sa & Test the connection
From this you are able to obviously print and check data ... Having used it a little it is very slow to respond to tables, so I recommend you write queries and views to access the data. But this in no way means that I won't try to create print options for Tracker
unfortunately the link upside doesn't work anymore, ok, some years have passed ...
Does somebody know, if the possibility to import in open office still works? I'm not able to establish a connection - not sure, if there is a problem of java, password (still sa?) or something else ...
Are there any other legal possibilities to get some raw data from the save file?