Matrix I Hate You

The highly anticipated second release in the Panzer Command series, featuring an updated engine and many major feature improvements. 3D Tactical turn-based WWII combat on the Eastern Front, with historical scenarios and campaigns as well as support for random generated battles and campaigns from 1941-1944.
tevans6220

Matrix I Hate You

Post by tevans6220 »

Just when I finally got my credit card paid off you guys came out with another "must have" game. This game is excellent and I congratulate all of you. I know this one just released but I'd love to see this series taken to the Pacific theater. Gaming Guadalcanal or Iwo Jima using this system would be a blast. I'm disabled and really don't get around much so it's games like this that keeps me from going crazy. Again congratulations and thank you. Please keep up your fine work.

Tim Evans
ravinhood

RE: Matrix I Hate You

Post by ravinhood »

Yeah me to me too Pacific Theater x 2. ;)
WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik! ;) and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?

Titanwarrior89

Post by Titanwarrior89 »

I agree x3[:)]
ORIGINAL: ravinhood

Yeah me to me too Pacific Theater x 2. ;)
"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Using Mobius Panzer Wars rules, he made me an xml for a Japanese light tank and used one of the exsisting 3D models plus HMG, LMG, etc. IOW it can be done now if you don't mind using Germans and Soviets for IJA and USMC.

Eventually, if sales support further development, you will see other theatres and PTO will be one of them if I have any say in it.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
Sgt.Fury25

Post by Sgt.Fury25 »

A Pacific type of similar game would be grrrrreat![:)] Probably not to armor heavy,the Japs did'nt have much goin for it,but island hopping sounds like fun!
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

I had Close Combat 2 and 5 with Pacific mods, still have SPWAW Mega campaign Watchtower, and recently have gotten into JTCS Rising Sun. That's a lot of PTO campaign ideas for the future.

I also made a few mods for CMAK (CM3) but those games don't have campaigns.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

You'll be pleased to hear that I am also very interested in doing the Pacific with this engine, but only after we take care of the Western Front. By the time we get to the Pacific, we may be able to have some entire atolls on a single map and I expect the infantry rules will be even more fleshed out by that point.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
LarryP

Post by LarryP »

ORIGINAL: tevans6220

I'm disabled and really don't get around much so it's games like this that keeps me from going crazy.

Tim Evans

Same here, I understand! [;)]
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

I think I tried to make the light Japanese tank and MGs etc. as German to battle with the Soviets in Manchuria. There were some armour battles there that changed the way Japan fought the rest of the war. It's been a while.
JMass

Post by JMass »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

I am also very interested in doing the Pacific with this engine, but only after we take care of the Western Front.

My vote is for North Africa!

[&o]
"Klotzen, nicht Kleckern!"Generaloberst Heinz Wilhelm Guderian

My boardgames collection: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection ... dgame&ff=1
marcusm

Post by marcusm »

As long as it's not yet another Bulge or Market Garden.

Why not the Burmese campaign? UK vs Japan.
Deus Vult.
Prince of Eckmühl

Post by Prince of Eckmühl »

ORIGINAL: JMass

My vote is for North Africa!

[&o]

Yep, lots of national appeal...

Attachments
pic158054_md.jpg
pic158054_md.jpg (72.14 KiB) Viewed 147 times
Government is the opiate of the masses.
marcusm

Post by marcusm »

Good point. Though I never liked CMAK. It just felt a bit too "deserted".

The African war always worked best at operational scale imho.
Deus Vult.
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

No borg spotting may help PC play desert battles better than CMAK but larger maps will be needed.
Prince of Eckmühl

ORIGINAL: marcusm

Good point. Though I never liked CMAK. It just felt a bit too "deserted".

The African war always worked best at operational scale imho.

The terrain textures in CMAK were pretty awful, IMO. But the desert doesn't have to be fugly. And an engine like PzC would shine with all that wide-open space to maneuver ones platoons.

PoE (aka ivanmoe)
marcusm

Post by marcusm »

Maybe.

Btw. How about more of the earlier campaigns? Rarely seen in wargames.

Invasion of Norway? Lots of interesting battles for this scale, maybe even some naval action?
Obvously. Invasion of Holland, Belgium and France. Guderians theories put to test for real.

They do count as West Front as well ;).
Deus Vult.
Prince of Eckmühl

ORIGINAL: junk2drive

No borg spotting may help PC play desert battles better than CMAK but larger maps will be needed.

Yep.

PoE (aka ivanmoe)
marcusm

Post by marcusm »

Also thinking that the dynamic campaigns might improve the concept.
Deus Vult.
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

ORIGINAL: marcusm

Maybe.

Btw. How about more of the earlier campaigns? Rarely seen in wargames.

Invasion of Norway? Lots of interesting battles for this scale, maybe even some naval action?
Obvously. Invasion of Holland, Belgium and France. Guderians theories put to test for real.

They do count as West Front as well ;).

That's on the list too. Early war AFVs work well on the small maps.
marcusm

Post by marcusm »

Cool. Definately must buys in that case :).
Deus Vult.

Return to “Panzer Command: Kharkov”