Matrix Games Forums

New information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: IE7 Or Better?!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Panzer Command: Kharkov >> RE: IE7 Or Better?!! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: IE7 Or Better?!! - 4/13/2008 9:48:55 PM   
TheHellPatrol

quote:

ORIGINAL: British tommy

quote:

ORIGINAL: ravinhood

Ahhh someone with 5 posts making a comment on what Ravinhood should do. lmao

LOL!
Well I'm the new boy here but after reading your posts here, you come across as Mr Angry
But I bet your a nice guy really :)

Nah, nobody likes him....

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone.
Henry David Thoreau

(in reply to British tommy)
Post #: 91
RE: IE7 Or Better?!! - 4/13/2008 10:46:25 PM   
ravinhood

quote:

Yep and to put it bluntly it is the very same mob that screams and screams for more features that need more and more horsepower but at the same time jumps up the walls like a 5 year old that did not get the bike for birthday if they have to upgrade their 5 years old computer in order to be able to use these requested features.
Meanwhile the much bigger part of the mob moves on, stays up a tad with new developments and enjoys

Btw, got a question, is that the same mob that did put Windows 98, and Windows XP or any other MS product in its place when it came out???

So you finally admit that the MOB only stays up a TAD with new developments and I will agree with that, but, the much bigger part of the mob does not move on else VISTA would be on the majority of peoples machines by now wouldn't it? See, you don't want to admit the truth that I see and know the MOB is NOT moving at the speed of technology I see it around me everyday. Go into a call center sometime and look at the systems and computers they are using. Hardly state of the art and front runner applications they are using. They certainly don't have VISTA installed and if I could get a chance to look at their specs I betcha they are running IE 6.0 as well in the background.

And yep it's the same mob that scoffed at Windows ME and Win 2k and any other ones they didn't understand or want to understand. Most NORMAL people like to stick with what they know and don't want to learn something else every 2 or 3 years. You just fall outside of that catagory of people because of the work you do. YOU want what makes things SIMPLE FOR YOU not for the consumer (that's why I said you are a techno geek). I know you do because I've read your own gleeful statements about VISTA awhile back when Vista started hitting the market and I told you then it wouldn't fly, but, you of course thought differently and of course you were wrong and I was right. Average joe doesn't want to upgrade every other year. Average joe has an average machince sitting on their desktops. Average joes don't rush to the internet looking for the latest drivers and applications that someone said was awesome because it made their life simplier. This whole thing with IE 7.0 is an average joe situation otherwise answer me this....why did you all RUSH to make this thing work with IE 6.0 so fast? You seem to want to put that lil item out of the equation of what I'm talking about. If it's no big deal why are you messing with it in the first place? ;)

WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik! ;) and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?

(in reply to Marc von Martial)
Post #: 92
RE: IE7 Or Better?!! - 4/13/2008 11:07:07 PM   
marcusm

I can understand if someone says he prefers Firefox or Safari to IE7 but
what kind of sad person prefers IE6? It's the worst crap MS ever put out. Webdesginers
allover the place were happy that it disappeared. Whatever bugs IE7 had were nothing compared
to the junk IE6.

It should be a criminal offence to have IE6 on the HD.

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 93
RE: IE7 Or Better?!! - 4/13/2008 11:28:07 PM   
Erik Rutins

I don't think there's anything else productive that can be added to this thread. For those just joining us as I lock this up...

We have IE6-compatible versions of the RBG and RCG and HQ Helper available to anyone who's interested. They are not "official" yet and do have a few minor visual glitches, but they work. Just send me a PM if interested.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to marcusm)
Post #: 94
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Panzer Command: Kharkov >> RE: IE7 Or Better?!! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI