Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Mountain InfantryPandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: IE7 Or Better?!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Panzer Command: Kharkov >> RE: IE7 Or Better?!! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: IE7 Or Better?!! - 4/13/2008 5:23:47 PM   
Titanwarrior89

Ooops!  Wrong door!   Carry on!

"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 61
RE: IE7 Or Better?!! - 4/13/2008 5:27:01 PM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

ORIGINAL: ravinhood

quote:

and folks wonder why gaming is moving to console...

Woohoo is Matrixgames moving to consoles. I would be soooooooooooooooooooooo frickin happy. Really Marc I'm tired of all the upgrades all the damn files and applications and crap one has to have with nearly every game nowadays. Whatever happened to PLUG IN PLAY that was suppose to be with Win98 and XP??? I'm serious though if publishers like you and Sharpnel and HPS went to consoles I'd dump this lousy computer crap in the closet and never look back. So, when yah gonna be doing this? ;)

It is called "Plug and Play" or "Plug&Play" and it has nothing to do with software upgrades for applications or games. It was ment to be a hazzle free way of attaching computer peripherals without the need of installing drivers for it.

Actually it was a MacOS "invention", were it actually works, for most of the part

Software always will need patches, it comes naturally with the gazillions of hardware, software, drivers und user settings variations and combinations available (not to speak of user messing with their OS). It will never be different on this platform. Oh, and may of our so called "patches" or also upgrades and mini add-ons, do no forget that.

< Message edited by Marc Schwanebeck -- 4/13/2008 5:30:16 PM >

Marc von Martial

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 62
RE: IE7 Or Better?!! - 4/13/2008 5:29:19 PM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

Most people like and need time to absorb advancements, they don't want to be using one thing today with a 500 page manual only to HAVE to use something else tomorrow with a 1000 page one.

The world would be a much more relaxed place if users would actually read manuals

Marc von Martial

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 63
RE: IE7 Or Better?!! - 4/13/2008 5:31:21 PM   
ravinhood

Funny I don't have a single patch for all the SOFTWARE I bought between 1982 and 1994....so where's this ALWAYS need patching? ;) Oh I take that back Master of Magic did have one patch that I recall. ;) Wow just one game out of 100's required a patch from 1982 to 1994 imagine that.

quote:

The world would be a much more relaxed place if users would actually read manuals

It would also be a much more relaxed place if publishers didn't use us as guinea pigs to find the bugs. Software is the ONLY product I know that can goto shelves or released BROKEN and FLAWED (publishers full well know it's bugged and flawed before even shipping) and you can't get a refund on it. Seriously name me one other product that goes to market BROKEN and FLAWED like software? I can't think of a single one and just about every other product out there there is a 30 day return policy on it in most stores where I live. Hell if I buy a gallon of milk and at the 1/4 mark of it left it goes sour before the due date I get a FULL GALLON to replace it.

I certainly agree the CONSOLE is the way to go. But, you know it will just become like the computer software we get today eventually. You'll be REQUIRED to have an internet connection to get REQUIRED Patches for games to work on them eventually. "Mark my Words" lol. I just saw a program actually on the future of gaming and it's actually all going to be tied to being online in the future. No discs no consoles just your HD TV and a controller and you'll have to buy all the services from online so no bargain bin, no ebaying, no nothing, all controlled from the internet. :)

< Message edited by ravinhood -- 4/13/2008 5:41:10 PM >

WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik! ;) and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?

(in reply to Marc von Martial)
Post #: 64
RE: IE7 Or Better?!! - 4/13/2008 5:32:35 PM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

Funny I don't have a single patch for all the SOFTWARE I bought between 1982 and 1994....so where's this ALWAYS need patching? ;) Oh I take that back Master of Magic did have one patch that I recall. ;) Wow just one game out of 100's required a patch from 1982 to 1994 imagine that.

The funny thing with your reply is that you apparently mean this serious right?

Marc von Martial

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 65
RE: IE7 Or Better?!! - 4/13/2008 5:42:44 PM   
ravinhood

Yeah I'm serious I don't have but that one patch for Master of Magic and every game I have for my C64 and Amiga 500 and my 486sx25 works just fine, no crashes, no bugs, no flaws no blue screens of death nothing but pure gaming pleasure and I have a chitload of games for all 3 in the closet. Last I counted was over 348 and that's not even counting my PC games from 95 to present.

WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik! ;) and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?

Post #: 66
RE: IE7 Or Better?!! - 4/13/2008 5:53:03 PM   
junk2drive

quote:

Seriously name me one other product that goes to market BROKEN and FLAWED like software?

Automobiles. I just got a recall notice on a ten year old car. Might start a fire in a small percentage of vehicles. I'll have to read that D10 thread again to see what my hit chances are...

Meanwhile, I was in the auto business for over thirty years and I saw plenty of OOPS bulletins and recalls.

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 67
RE: IE7 Or Better?!! - 4/13/2008 5:55:52 PM   
Marc von Martial

Okay, I will explain it for you. Maybe you will event think about it.

The C-64 is a closed system, almost everything is fixed. Like with the Amiga 500 or any other Commodore of that time. You could consider them "consoles" so to say. With the limited variety 386 or 486 machines had back then in hardware and drivers options you could even compare those to more or less closed systems. Closed hardware systems are what make "bug free" developing for them way easier then developing for a system where not one setup matches the other.

This is not the case anymore, with hundreds of hardware manufacturers, the OS becoming costumizeable as hell and thousands of software options and OS software extensions for the users.

Games had bugs and crashed out of the blue, the C-64 and Amiga were crashing too and on my 486 times I had a lot of software related crashes, you tend overly "glorify" the "good old days" were everything worked. Back then people were simply living with the faults. Times have changed since.

Marc von Martial

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 68
RE: IE7 Or Better?!! - 4/13/2008 6:02:25 PM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

ORIGINAL: junk2drive

quote:

Seriously name me one other product that goes to market BROKEN and FLAWED like software?

Automobiles. I just got a recall notice on a ten year old car. Might start a fire in a small percentage of vehicles. I'll have to read that D10 thread again to see what my hit chances are...

Meanwhile, I was in the auto business for over thirty years and I saw plenty of OOPS bulletins and recalls.

I will add any other electronic device to it. You just need to actually care about them in order to get notice of the faults

Gamers hang around on game websites and forums and thus get aware of all the "product breaking" problems. If you would hang around on let say a DSLR "grognard" forum you would think that you could never shoot a photo with a recently released camera. It is all a matter of perspective and making a big fuzz about nothing.

< Message edited by Marc Schwanebeck -- 4/13/2008 6:04:09 PM >

Marc von Martial

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 69
RE: IE7 Or Better?!! - 4/13/2008 6:26:37 PM   
ravinhood

And of course that is just YOUR PERSPECTIVE and not one highly accepted I'm sure. You're a techno geek of course you would side with the industry standards. I'm a consumer and I see things quite differently and through another PERSPECTIVE that is quite commonly accepted. Once again we are back to the MOB, I know 10 people who agree with me and they know 10 people who agree and on an on. The MOB always wins, the MOB is the one with the money to buy the product, not the other way around. The MOB can make or break a business or even a game. Just look at the scores the mob gives on Gamerankings or Gamespot or even Gamespy. The MOB rules and will always rule and it's the developers and publishers who will either have to apease the mob or just not make much money. The MOB is the one that put Starforce in its place with several popular publishers. I need not say more, but, I will. ;) The MOB has put VISTA in its place it will disappear like a rotten apple and be replaced by something the MOB will accept or not that is to be seen when Window 7 appears. It's just like this IE 7.0 issue with this game. You'll never really know I suppose how many sales you lost because of it. You can scoff it off that you didn't lose any, but, I know of at least four that were lost because of it right here in my hometown. But, by the same token I know of four that will now buy it because there is a fix for IE 6.0 users. SO, yah gotta figure if there's four here there's four more some place else and on an on. So, you just can't say stay up with technology or else to the consumer. You'll find the consumer will just move on to something else or find someone that makes things that work with what they already have without forcing them to get something they don't have or don't want.

Also, your analogies and usage of cars and electronics are worthless, because I said that you can't get a refund on as well as replaced with a working model. For a car and electronics it might be just one item. Software is many items over several months to years to fix. Whereas a car or electric item will be fixed THAT DAY as long as you take it in for service of the recall part or whatever. ;) So, that didn't work at all. Software is non-returnable and you never know when if ever it's going to be fixed. Didn't you and others just admit that IE 6.0 was buggy and flawed FOR YEARS? Hrmmm? I rest my case. ;)

< Message edited by ravinhood -- 4/13/2008 6:32:09 PM >

Post #: 70
RE: IE7 Or Better?!! - 4/13/2008 6:33:34 PM   
British tommy

Such a long thread for such a small problem!
I must agree with the others who said Ravinhood should stick with his console and outdated computers

Post #: 71
RE: IE7 Or Better?!! - 4/13/2008 6:38:34 PM   
ravinhood

Ahhh someone with 5 posts making a comment on what Ravinhood should do. lmao

(in reply to British tommy)
Post #: 72
RE: IE7 Or Better?!! - 4/13/2008 6:45:13 PM   
JudgeDredd

Well I upgraded to IE7 and am playing Kharkov and using the generators.

It's not being used as my internet browser and I'm enjoying playing this new game.

Thx

Post #: 73
RE: IE7 Or Better?!! - 4/13/2008 6:53:26 PM   
British tommy

quote:

LOL!
Well I'm the new boy here but after reading your posts here, you come across as Mr Angry
But I bet your a nice guy really :)

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 74
RE: IE7 Or Better?!! - 4/13/2008 7:03:53 PM   
ravinhood

quote:

ORIGINAL: British tommy

quote:

LOL!
Well I'm the new boy here but after reading your posts here, you come across as Mr Angry
But I bet your a nice guy really :)

I'm the meanest som biatch you ever saw that pet the bunny. ;) I'm a nice guy, but, I won't back down. You'll see if you hang around long enough. ;)

Post #: 75
RE: IE7 Or Better?!! - 4/13/2008 7:08:32 PM   
junk2drive

I've known BT for years. He just hasn't had a reason to join Matrix. He's a good guy but will poke you with a stick once in a while just to see if you are awake.

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 76
RE: IE7 Or Better?!! - 4/13/2008 7:11:45 PM   
ravinhood

I've known BLT for years and I still enjoy it most as a samich. ;)

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 77
RE: IE7 Or Better?!! - 4/13/2008 7:12:49 PM   
flipperwasirish

quote:

ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd

Well I upgraded to IE7 and am playing Kharkov and using the generators.

It's not being used as my internet browser and I'm enjoying playing this new game.

Thx

Taking advantage of easily obtainable 3rd party files (such as ia IE7) is an improvement in programming. Back in the 1980's and before a company had to pack all the data, bells & whistles and tools required into each product on floppy discs.

This was a nightmare if you worked in the field of software developement.

The majority of a software companies users having easy access to 3rd party files was not a viable option. Things have improved greatly in twenty-five years.

I am only one voice, but I can't get worked over having to install IE7 to make a game work. If it was not listed the requirements that would be one thing, but it is.

RH, I was going to keep quite, but I feel you thrashing the new forum member was in poor taste. 1 post or 10,000 posts, each person's opinions have value and deserve respect.

Have a nice day.

Flipper

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 78
RE: IE7 Or Better?!! - 4/13/2008 7:20:00 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

Your point? I didn't realize post count had any correlation with the value of one's opinion.

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 79
RE: IE7 Or Better?!! - 4/13/2008 7:20:03 PM   
ravinhood

Thrashing? Who was thrashing? I was merely making an observation. I also think anyone who hasn't even been around long enough for others to get aquainted with and come into a thread and bash ME is a bit over the top. If anyone did any uncalled for thrashing FIRST it was him not me. I think you are another butinski who should just mind your own business until confronted....too many butinski's in this world and damn if I don't think 99% of them are on this forum. ;)

(in reply to flipperwasirish)
Post #: 80
RE: IE7 Or Better?!! - 4/13/2008 7:21:05 PM   
ravinhood

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

quote:

Your point? I didn't realize post count had any correlation with the value of one's opinion.

"I also think anyone who hasn't even been around long enough for others to get aquainted with and come into a thread and bash ME (tell me what I should do) is a bit over the top. "

That's my point!

Lol at any rate this is just going waaaaayyy off topic, so, let's just forget what ole Ravinhood should do as ole Ravinhood is going to do what ole Ravinhood wants to do and nobody's opinion is going to change that. ;)

Now back to the IE 7.0 issues. No chance of getting IE 6.0 to work with the editors eh?

< Message edited by ravinhood -- 4/13/2008 7:34:50 PM >

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 81
RE: IE7 Or Better?!! - 4/13/2008 8:11:48 PM   
British tommy

quote:

ORIGINAL: junk2drive

I've known BT for years. He just hasn't had a reason to join Matrix. He's a good guy but will poke you with a stick once in a while just to see if you are awake.

LOL!
J2D you know me too well!

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 82
RE: IE7 Or Better?!! - 4/13/2008 8:25:23 PM   
British tommy

quote:

I'm the meanest som biatch you ever saw that pet the bunny. ;) I'm a nice guy, but, I won't back down. You'll see if you hang around long enough. ;)

Even nice fluffy white bunnies have claws and teeth!
No harm done on either side, just a brief flurry of words to break up the serious bits here
So when did you say your installing IE7?

(puts long pointy stick back into broom cupboard!)

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 83
RE: IE7 Or Better?!! - 4/13/2008 8:37:30 PM   
Rick

I've been kinda quiet on this thread. I think I actually posted the first post about IE7 that got Ravinhood all worked up. That post was responded to and moved to the support forum.

I'd prefer not to upgrade, though I suspect at some point I will have to (ie - when I buy my next comp and it comes with Vista for example - I suspect moving to IE7 will be minor at that point).

In any event, I went ahead and upgraded my laptop to IE7, just so I could take a look at the Editors with this game, and would probably have upgraded my main playing machine as well.

But I got a PM from Erik asking if I would like to test out some revised eidtors Stridor put together.

Naturally I jumped at the chance, in spite of the fact that I'm old and slow and was still plodding through the manual (Only prior experience was with the PCOWS demo).

So I quickly installed the Editors on my desktop (after making back-ups of the originals - just in case). And fired them up. I fired up my laptop next to it so I could at least follow along.

I had already tried the RBG on my laptop which used IE 7 so running through it with the IE6 version was a piece of cake -- it worked like a charm! Granted I didn't try all of the different options, mainly the randomizing buttons and choice selection drop-downs. But everything I did worked fine. Created two battles pretty quick.

And the visual issue Stridor and Erik both mentioned are really not bad on the RBG - while it does the generation - the screen doesn't totally refresh so you see some random choice artifacts still showing - not really a problem (and it refreshes your mind on what wome of the coices were).

I loaded and played in the game through the first orders phase just to see if things actually moved around.

I moved on to the RCG - again, though I hadn't used it before, I ran through it pretty quick and easy and voila, had my random campaign built. Again, while it was generating the Campaign, some of the choice windows were left on screen - but wasn't really an issue. In fact for both of these, if I hadn't had the lap top next to me doing the smae thing, I might not have noticed that the windows didn't really belong there.

I also tried out the HQ help option after I created the Random Campaign. And sure enough, I was promised some barrage support. And got my warning letter. But I ignored it and ask for more help - and sure enough got it with and the letter got a lettle sterner - but hey I really need help so I asked for more - but this time - HQ said no and told me I was deep s---. Well, more or less - in any evnt it worked fine as well.

Then came time to check out the Battle Editor, So I loaded up the original RBG and immeditately had an error msg. But hey, what the heck, I responded to the dialog to keep going and it proceeded on (this error did not manifest itself in any functional problem I"m aware of )

After looking at the screen I decided it was time to actually open the manual to the editor instructions. So I started on page 112 in the manual and went though each of the numbered item in pages 112 - 120. This is where I added gave myself a platoon of IE6 tanks, named them Rick's tanks and set them up to pop-up in the middle of the battlefield on turn 2. Went ahead and saved it. ( In all fairness, as i followed along on my laptop with IE7 loaded, I gave myself a platoon of IE7 tanks).

Played this one through orders phase of turn to - just so I could see Rick's platoon of IE6 tanks join the fray.

Then went on to the campaign editor - using the Random campaign I had created earlier as a start. Had another startup error, but again ignored it. (and again, it didn't seem to affect the functionality of the editor). The manual (I didn't look at any of the addendum's), wasn't quite as extensive on the campaign generator and I fumbled around a bit (I also fumbled around on my laptop - both fumbles were pretty much the same.), and the fact that I was editing a series of Random battles didn't help.

But I finally started to see the light and added the scenario that I had created earlier (with Ricks's IE6 tank platoon) to this campaign, and then moved it to be the first battle in the Campaign. Added in one of the campaign overview maps - and a briefing.

The biggest problem with the IE6 versions showed up when I did a preview battle from within the campaign editor - it again had some left over artifacts, but this time they did obscure some significant parts of the screen - but even this you can work around with some scrolling and I think it's mainly there to keep you from having to load the scenarios up in the game to see how the opening screen looks.

When I finished I had a new random battle, a new random campaign, a new set battle with a name, and a new named campaign.

As I said I'm pretty old and slow - but the IE6 versions of the editor did everything the IE7 versions on my laptop did with only a few minor glitches (that didn't materially affect outcome).

I'm pretty impressed that Matrix addressed this issue so quickly and so successfully - in my opinion they more than exceeded my expectations.

Sorry for long post but just wanted you all to know that the IE6 versions aren't vaporware - they work.

Kudos to Stridor and Erik both!

Rick

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 84
RE: IE7 Or Better?!! - 4/13/2008 8:40:21 PM   
Rick

quote:

ORIGINAL: flipperwasirish

I am only one voice, but I can't get worked over having to install IE7 to make a game work. If it was not listed the requirements that would be one thing, but it is.

Actually, I dont think it was initially. I think it got added to the min requirements after this surfaced. But I pretty much agree with the thrust of your comments.

Rick

< Message edited by Rick -- 4/13/2008 8:41:51 PM >

(in reply to flipperwasirish)
Post #: 85
RE: IE7 Or Better?!! - 4/13/2008 8:58:36 PM   
Hertston

quote:

Bollocks.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Hertston -- 4/13/2008 8:59:18 PM >

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 86
RE: IE7 Or Better?!! - 4/13/2008 8:59:08 PM   
ravinhood

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rick

I've been kinda quiet on this thread. I think I actually posted the first post about IE7 that got Ravinhood all worked up. That post was responded to and moved to the support forum.

I'd prefer not to upgrade, though I suspect at some point I will have to (ie - when I buy my next comp and it comes with Vista for example - I suspect moving to IE7 will be minor at that point).

In any event, I went ahead and upgraded my laptop to IE7, just so I could take a look at the Editors with this game, and would probably have upgraded my main playing machine as well.

But I got a PM from Erik asking if I would like to test out some revised eidtors Stridor put together.

Naturally I jumped at the chance, in spite of the fact that I'm old and slow and was still plodding through the manual (Only prior experience was with the PCOWS demo).

So I quickly installed the Editors on my desktop (after making back-ups of the originals - just in case). And fired them up. I fired up my laptop next to it so I could at least follow along.

I had already tried the RBG on my laptop which used IE 7 so running through it with the IE6 version was a piece of cake -- it worked like a charm! Granted I didn't try all of the different options, mainly the randomizing buttons and choice selection drop-downs. But everything I did worked fine. Created two battles pretty quick.

And the visual issue Stridor and Erik both mentioned are really not bad on the RBG - while it does the generation - the screen doesn't totally refresh so you see some random choice artifacts still showing - not really a problem (and it refreshes your mind on what wome of the coices were).

I loaded and played in the game through the first orders phase just to see if things actually moved around.

I moved on to the RCG - again, though I hadn't used it before, I ran through it pretty quick and easy and voila, had my random campaign built. Again, while it was generating the Campaign, some of the choice windows were left on screen - but wasn't really an issue. In fact for both of these, if I hadn't had the lap top next to me doing the smae thing, I might not have noticed that the windows didn't really belong there.

I also tried out the HQ help option after I created the Random Campaign. And sure enough, I was promised some barrage support. And got my warning letter. But I ignored it and ask for more help - and sure enough got it with and the letter got a lettle sterner - but hey I really need help so I asked for more - but this time - HQ said no and told me I was deep s---. Well, more or less - in any evnt it worked fine as well.

Then came time to check out the Battle Editor, So I loaded up the original RBG and immeditately had an error msg. But hey, what the heck, I responded to the dialog to keep going and it proceeded on (this error did not manifest itself in any functional problem I"m aware of )

After looking at the screen I decided it was time to actually open the manual to the editor instructions. So I started on page 112 in the manual and went though each of the numbered item in pages 112 - 120. This is where I added gave myself a platoon of IE6 tanks, named them Rick's tanks and set them up to pop-up in the middle of the battlefield on turn 2. Went ahead and saved it. ( In all fairness, as i followed along on my laptop with IE7 loaded, I gave myself a platoon of IE7 tanks).

Played this one through orders phase of turn to - just so I could see Rick's platoon of IE6 tanks join the fray.

Then went on to the campaign editor - using the Random campaign I had created earlier as a start. Had another startup error, but again ignored it. (and again, it didn't seem to affect the functionality of the editor). The manual (I didn't look at any of the addendum's), wasn't quite as extensive on the campaign generator and I fumbled around a bit (I also fumbled around on my laptop - both fumbles were pretty much the same.), and the fact that I was editing a series of Random battles didn't help.

But I finally started to see the light and added the scenario that I had created earlier (with Ricks's IE6 tank platoon) to this campaign, and then moved it to be the first battle in the Campaign. Added in one of the campaign overview maps - and a briefing.

The biggest problem with the IE6 versions showed up when I did a preview battle from within the campaign editor - it again had some left over artifacts, but this time they did obscure some significant parts of the screen - but even this you can work around with some scrolling and I think it's mainly there to keep you from having to load the scenarios up in the game to see how the opening screen looks.

When I finished I had a new random battle, a new random campaign, a new set battle with a name, and a new named campaign.

As I said I'm pretty old and slow - but the IE6 versions of the editor did everything the IE7 versions on my laptop did with only a few minor glitches (that didn't materially affect outcome).

I'm pretty impressed that Matrix addressed this issue so quickly and so successfully - in my opinion they more than exceeded my expectations.

Sorry for long post but just wanted you all to know that the IE6 versions aren't vaporware - they work.

Kudos to Stridor and Erik both!

Rick

Thanks a lot Rick I appreciate all the effort you put into showing us how the rest of the game is going to function with IE 6.0 As I had said before all I want to work or need to work is the RBG and the RCG I'm not into editing at all I'll leave that for the brainiacs who like doing that sort of stuff. Unlike others on here though who are quick to attack those with issues I do have symphathy for those that have IE 6.0 that don't want to upgrade and like to do designs and stuff. I hope there's a way they can figure out how to make it better for you. I see no reason to attack someone that isn't happy with the mechanics of the game though. We all don't like chocolate yah know? ;)

(in reply to Rick)
Post #: 87
RE: IE7 Or Better?!! - 4/13/2008 9:01:04 PM   
ravinhood

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hertston

quote:

Bollocks.

SOrry Herston I don't get it? What are you trying to say? ;)

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 88
RE: IE7 Or Better?!! - 4/13/2008 9:32:07 PM   
Rick

quote:

Thanks a lot Rick I appreciate all the effort you put into showing us how the rest of the game is going to function with IE 6.0 As I had said before all I want to work or need to work is the RBG and the RCG I'm not into editing at all I'll leave that for the brainiacs who like doing that sort of stuff.

Then these IE6 RCG and RBG will work fine for you

quote:

... and like to do designs and stuff. I hope there's a way they can figure out how to make it better for you. I see no reason to attack someone that isn't happy with the mechanics of the game though. We all don't like chocolate yah know? ;)

To be honest, if I were Matrix or Stridor, I wouldn't put any more effort into it to make it better. These IE6 editor versions work with only minor visual issues - and that's the price I pay for being reluctant to upgrade. To me, upgrading is all about cost - benefit. when it gets worth it to upgrade, I will. But with these IE 6 versions of the Random generators AND the eidtors as well, now I won't have to upgrade for a hile longer.

I hope you reorder your game from NWS - and see if you can get Erik to send you the new files.

Rick

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 89
RE: IE7 Or Better?!! - 4/13/2008 9:37:35 PM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

And of course that is just YOUR PERSPECTIVE and not one highly accepted I'm sure. You're a techno geek of course you would side with the industry standards. I'm a consumer and I see things quite differently and through another PERSPECTIVE that is quite commonly accepted.

To quote somebody else, Bollocks. Why do you think that people working in the software industry need to be techno geeks? You do not need to be a F1 mechanic in order to change the tires on your car.

First and foremost I'm a consumer of computer technology as anybody else that sits in front of a screen, I work on them, I do not have the time nor do I need to be a techno geek in order to work with them. I do not built hardware, or anything else. I use software applications. Software I payed for and guess what, is buggy and requires me to install the one or other update in order to get my hand on all the features. The only thing that might be different, I do not make a fuzz out of it based on being uninformed and based on hear say. Working with computers does not require one to be a techno or computer geek and actually that is not the point here anyway.

quote:

Didn't you and others just admit that IE 6.0 was buggy and flawed FOR YEARS?

That's the whole point. It was flawed and buggy for years, still people now praise it over IE7, forgetting completely how leaky and buggy IE6 was/is. IE7 fixes a lot of issues IE6 had, IE7 has it's own of course, as any piece of software has. So there is no reason in crying about the whole affair. Just install it, it will not cause pestilence or anything else IE6 or IE5, to get really nostalgic, could not.

There is no return on software not because it can be buggy, but because it is easily copyable. Just as music CDs, movie DVDs etc. etc. Once the box is opened you loose your return. Wether you like the movie / music or not. You can not copy a cell phone or car at home . If you are not okay with this, do not buy items you get no return on.

quote:

The MOB rules and will always rule and it's the developers and publishers who will either have to apease the mob or just not make much money. The MOB is the one that put Starforce in its place with several popular publishers. I need not say more, but, I will. ;) The MOB has put VISTA in its place it will disappear like a rotten apple and be replaced by something the MOB will accept or not that is to be seen when Window 7 appears. It's just like this IE 7.0 issue with this game. You'll never really know I suppose how many sales you lost because of it.

Yep and to put it bluntly it is the very same mob that screams and screams for more features that need more and more horsepower but at the same time jumps up the walls like a 5 year old that did not get the bike for birthday if they have to upgrade their 5 years old computer in order to be able to use these requested features.
Meanwhile the much bigger part of the mob moves on, stays up a tad with new developments and enjoys

Btw, got a question, is that the same mob that did put Windows 98, and Windows XP or any other MS product in its place when it came out???

< Message edited by Marc Schwanebeck -- 4/13/2008 9:40:06 PM >

Marc von Martial

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Panzer Command: Kharkov >> RE: IE7 Or Better?!! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI