Battle for Paris (a Wild Bill campaign)

After action reports/During Action Reports on your SP:WaW battels!

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

PimpYourAFV

Battle for Paris (a Wild Bill campaign)

Post by PimpYourAFV »

The US Army battlegroup fights it's way into Paris. Our platoon of tanks meets up with a retreating Panzer IV platoon. A Lee tank explodes while driving around a corner and then a Sherman brews up while going through some trees. Shots are fired into the flat sides of the German tanks as they try to escape and they are left burning on the streets.

With our tank platoon distracted and licking it's wounds, our vanguard attack force is led by a HMC Scott support AFV and a squad of cavalry. Along with them are a half dozen infantry carriers. The group is ambushed by hidden SS infantry squads which follow the familiar pattern of an armored car blowing up, troops spill out, and the enemy is smoked out of a nearby building with explosives and small arms fire.

In this picture, our cavalry discovered some German trucks preparing to carry some SS riflemen to the next defensive line. It is sad duty to shoot-up fine troops in such a vulnerable state but Patton has an ass-chewing ready for anyone giving quarter to our opponents so the operation speeds along.

PimpYourAFV

RE: Battle for Paris (a Wild Bill campaign)

Post by PimpYourAFV »

On the southern flank, a support package of infantry and a few armored vehicles are delegated to the command of other officers (computer-controlled) and a few paratroopers are dropped to the east to disrupt the enemy's plans. Enemy forces have been culled by weeks of fighting, constant airstrikes, partisan activity and desertions so there is little evidence of defenders.

Rifles fired from a fortified house stops several squads of airborne troops who are trying to secure a crossroads, but the elite SS riflemen cannot even be spotted by the paratroopers so no effective fire is returned. A few casualties are taken and the paratroopers are pinned down doing nothing at all. We know the Germans are crafty with their sudden counterattacks so no delay like this can be tolerated.

Speed is of the essence! A 12 man squad sits on a tank and it rushes the house containing the entrenched SS soldiers. The squad blunts an enemy close assault on the tank but 5 GI's are blasted off the tank and the rest run for cover. The tank fires all its weapons at point blank into the house with no apparent effect and the SS inside respond by showering the tank with grenades and other high explosive odds and ends. This goes on for awhile while soldiers from the southern group make their way up behind the house.

Meanwhile an 88 cannon, just to the north of the fortified house, does what it does best and blows up an infantry carrier toppling all the soldiers onto the street. More DUKW's (ducks) drive up and disgorge troops to take care of the 88 crew.

With each passing minute, the worry of the men increases over whether the Germans will counterattack and in what kind of strength. We know from experience that the professional troops of the SS divisions defending France are always preparing a sudden, nasty blow for us when we are strung-out in our advance. All this while the regular Wehrmacht either surrender or retreat in panic by the tens of thousands.
robot

Post by robot »

Dont know why Pimp but your photos did not load at least on my computor. What program do you use to load them or paint them.
Robots wear armor for skin.Grunts wear skin for armor.
V22 Osprey

Post by V22 Osprey »

Yea,the photos wot load on mine niether.
ImageImage
Art by rogueusmc.
PimpYourAFV

Post by PimpYourAFV »

I used Paint Shop Pro to save the photo but I also have to keep UOSU running while I do this to keep the photo from going black. I hosted the photos on imageshack. The photos show-up for me so it's odd it doesn't show for other people. I think imageshack could be the culprit.
V22 Osprey

Post by V22 Osprey »

It finally loaded.You just have to be patient.On that last photo,why did you skip that V-Hex?1st Photo:Looks like you really cut off those tanks' line of retreat.Nice job.But you could've taken them on with out losing 3 tanks.
ImageImage
Art by rogueusmc.
Goblin

Post by Goblin »

Which campaign is this? If you have a new one by WB, we have to get this posted or at least get me a copy...[:)]
V22 Osprey

Post by V22 Osprey »

Me too!I wanna copy!
ImageImage
Art by rogueusmc.
PimpYourAFV

Post by PimpYourAFV »

ORIGINAL: V22 Osprey

It finally loaded.You just have to be patient.On that last photo,why did you skip that V-Hex?1st Photo:Looks like you really cut off those tanks' line of retreat.Nice job.But you could've taken them on with out losing 3 tanks.

We sure are trying to get that nazi flag covered in Old Glory but there's that SS squad stopping everything. It's an elite unit and has cut down a few people in each of the airborne squads that have been trying to get to the objective.

I lost 2 tanks in the fight with the Panzer IVs. The 3rd burning Sherman at the top of the photo got messed up in another drama. It's near my artillery park. I'll try to take a picture of the northern area and give you the full story on that. The enemy units in Paris are all battle-hardened elite crews and troops so their panzers can get a one-shot kill on our tanks at that close distance. The flank shots we got probably saved us from losing more tanks which is lucky cause I only have a few left and one was immobilized by a hidden SS squad.
Turtler

Post by Turtler »

I know this is old, but does anybody have a copy of this?
Riitaoja

Post by Riitaoja »

ORIGINAL: Turtler

I know this is old, but does anybody have a copy of this?

It is the campaign "From Utah to Rhine" and the scenario #011 "Paris".
GiveWarAchance

Post by GiveWarAchance »

It's too bad the photos don't load for this.
Maybe got taken down cause of old links.

Return to “SPWaW AAR/DAR”