Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers required
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Well This Proves It, You're All Autistic ;)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Well This Proves It, You're All Autistic ;) Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Well This Proves It, You're All Autistic ;) - 4/13/2008 8:08:20 PM   
ravinhood

Well Grell has proven his phychosis and I see no futher need to ramble along with him as he's just as bad as JD ever was. Actually even getting worse with each post. SO Grell welcome to the ranks of the GREEN DOT. Sarge and Terminus and JD and Orange all got there before you, but, there's a place just waiting for you as well. It was a nice try JD, but, you can change your name, but, you can't change your personality on here no matter how hard you try and if you're not JD, you sure act like him. ;) Bye...click click green dot away. ;)

WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik! ;) and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?

(in reply to Grell)
Post #: 61
RE: Well This Proves It, You're All Autistic ;) - 4/13/2008 8:09:52 PM   
Grell

quote:

ORIGINAL: ravinhood

Well Grell has proven his phychosis and I see no futher need to ramble along with him as he's just as bad as JD ever was. Actually even getting worse with each post. SO Grell welcome to the ranks of the GREEN DOT. Sarge and Terminus and JD and Orange all got there before you, but, there's a place just waiting for you as well. It was a nice try JD, but, you can change your name, but, you can't change your personality on here no matter how hard you try and if you're not JD, you sure act like him. ;) Bye...click click green dot away. ;)

Quoted for fact,

I'm not Judge Dread moron.

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 62
RE: Well This Proves It, You're All Autistic ;) - 4/13/2008 8:13:06 PM   
ravinhood

quote:

ORIGINAL: Prince of Eckmühl

Why are y'all hatin' on RH? All he started out suggesting was that (war)gamers tend to exhibit behaviors associated with autism, at least more so than the AVERAGE human-being. Ever talked to a wargamer that's memorized not only the rules for ASL, BUT ALSO THE VALUES FOR THE ENTIRE COUNTERSET? Does that sound like your average bear?

OBVIOUSLY, the sources that RH cited are describing a broad-spectrum of folks, some of whom are wargamers, the overwhelming majority of whom fall within the "normal" range of human behavior. What is being described, specific personality traits, exist over a broad continuum, and only fit a clinical definition at the statistical margins.

At no point have I gotten the impression that RH was making fun of, and/or ridiculing, children who manifest behaviors consistant with a clinical definition of autism. As near as I can tell, he was just offering up a framework for the analysis of the quirkier aspects of some wargamers. I see no offense in that, none, whatsoever.

That some of our other posters are apparently struggling with the implications of the study in question saddens me. Is Ravinghood the culprit, here, or is it the study, itself? And, frankly, attempts to stifle discussion such as RH has thrust upon the group strikes me as sort of anti-intellectual.

PoE (aka ivanmoe)

Hey Prince did you happen to look where that article came from that I linked? Obviously the others didn't. It's from THE WARGAMER.com itself. Which most of you know is a subsiderary or investment partner of Matrixgames to begin with. So, they are just slapping Matrixgames and The Wargamer around making comments about it. But, because "I" put up the link it was sooooooo much easier to attack me than Matrixgames or The Wargamer. Some people here are just too funny for words trying their level hardest to get me banned. Don't know why though? I'm such a nice guy. ;)

Here I'll link it again from the very same spot: http://www.wargamer.com/news/news.asp?nid=5451

Notice it says tadah dah dat dah daahhh wargamer.com/news ;)

WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik! ;) and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?

(in reply to Prince of Eckmühl)
Post #: 63
RE: Well This Proves It, You're All Autistic ;) - 4/13/2008 8:15:00 PM   
Grell

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Prince of Eckmühl

Why are y'all hatin' on RH? All he started out suggesting was that (war)gamers tend to exhibit behaviors associated with autism, at least more so than the AVERAGE human-being. Ever talked to a wargamer that's memorized not only the rules for ASL, BUT ALSO THE VALUES FOR THE ENTIRE COUNTERSET? Does that sound like your average bear?

OBVIOUSLY, the sources that RH cited are describing a broad-spectrum of folks, some of whom are wargamers, the overwhelming majority of whom fall within the "normal" range of human behavior. What is being described, specific personality traits, exist over a broad continuum, and only fit a clinical definition at the statistical margins.

At no point have I gotten the impression that RH was making fun of, and/or ridiculing, children who manifest behaviors consistant with a clinical definition of autism. As near as I can tell, he was just offering up a framework for the analysis of the quirkier aspects of some wargamers. I see no offense in that, none, whatsoever.

That some of our other posters are apparently struggling with the implications of the study in question saddens me. Is Ravinghood the culprit, here, or is it the study, itself? And, frankly, attempts to stifle discussion such as RH has thrust upon the group strikes me as sort of anti-intellectual.

PoE (aka ivanmoe)

Hey Prince did you happen to look where that article came from that I linked? Obviously the others didn't. It's from THE WARGAMER.com itself. Which most of you know is a subsiderary or investment partner of Matrixgames to begin with. So, they are just slapping Matrixgames and The Wargamer around making comments about it. But, because "I" put up the link it was sooooooo much easier to attack me than Matrixgames or The Wargamer. Some people here are just too funny for words trying their level hardest to get me banned. Don't know why though? I'm such a nice guy. ;)

Here I'll link it again from the very same spot: http://www.wargamer.com/news/news.asp?nid=5451

Notice it says tadah dah dat dah daahhh wargamer.com/news ;)

Quoted for fact.

Don't try to weasel your way out of this one el bozo bolero.

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 64
RE: Well This Proves It, You're All Autistic ;) - 4/13/2008 8:29:55 PM   
Son_of_Montfort

Look - A Dancing BEAR!

SoM

"Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet!"
(Kill them all. God will know his own.)

-- Arnaud-Armaury, the Albigensian Crusade

(in reply to Grell)
Post #: 65
RE: Well This Proves It, You're All Autistic ;) - 4/13/2008 8:31:09 PM   
ravinhood

LOL SOM ;) Now why can't everybody just be like you? ;) People get too caught up in themselves on here don't they? lmao snicker snort ;)

I still think the best one is that commercial where the guy pours honey all over his friend when that bear shows up in their camp and then he runs off. That is sooo hilarious.

< Message edited by ravinhood -- 4/13/2008 8:32:18 PM >

(in reply to Son_of_Montfort)
Post #: 66
RE: Well This Proves It, You're All Autistic ;) - 4/13/2008 8:33:08 PM   
Grell

quote:

LOL SOM ;) Now why can't everybody just be like you? ;) People get too caught up in themselves on here don't they? lmao snicker snort ;)

I still think the best one is that commercial where the guy pours honey all over his friend when that bear shows up in their camp and then he runs off. That is sooo hilarious.

Don't change the subject freak.

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 67
RE: Well This Proves It, You're All Autistic ;) - 4/13/2008 8:33:09 PM   
JudgeDredd

Now that is funny, SoM. 

(in reply to Son_of_Montfort)
Post #: 68
RE: Well This Proves It, You're All Autistic ;) - 4/13/2008 8:34:44 PM   
Grell

That is rather funny SOM! LOL

Regards,

Grell

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 69
RE: Well This Proves It, You're All Autistic ;) - 4/13/2008 8:43:54 PM   
ravinhood

Now I want you all to observe and pay careful attention to Grell as I have green dotted him like I did JD. And if you go back and look at the threads that I participated in that JD also followed me around and was posting some comment after every one of my posts. Notice what Grell is doing now? He's green dotted, but, I can still see his name an ignored above it after each one of my posts. I find that quite interesting and I'd bet 100 to 1 his comments are directed at me even though I have said he's green dotted. What say you am I right or wrong? ;) Go  lookup JD's old posts see the "pattern" of the psychosis one? ;) Remember I said JD turned into my lil puppy dog, followed me around everywhere I'd go. ;)

(in reply to Grell)
Post #: 70
RE: Well This Proves It, You're All Autistic ;) - 4/13/2008 8:47:03 PM   
Grell

I've just blocked el bozo bolero from my view. The dregs of humanity won't even take him.

Regards,

Grell

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 71
RE: Well This Proves It, You're All Austistic ;) - 4/13/2008 10:07:25 PM   
SLAAKMAN

quote:

No I'm saying YOU are. :) I don't play games much anymore (they've all become sort of boring since there's nothing really new out there).

SACRILEDGE!!!
HOW DARE YOU DIS MY LIFES MEANING!! IVE GOT NO WOMAN, NO JOB, NO CASH-MONEY AND NO LIFE!! (I DO HAVE A CAR THOUGH, ITS A KLUNKER.) WITHOUT WORLD IN FLAMES, CLOSE COMBAT, COD, AGE OF MYTHOLOGY AVALON HILL, SPI, TSR, DECISION GAMES AND A HOST OF OTHER BROTHERS SECURING OUR MOST BELOVED SACRED SCROLLS, I WOULD GO INSANE!! (ER....AT LEAST MORE INSANE.) HOW DARE U!!!

quote:

I know some though that have to play everyday every free minute of their free time etc. etc. though. Are you like that? Cmon yessssss you are, admit it...oh wait another sign is denial that one has a problem....you're not denying it are you? haha

DENY IT??! HELL I BRAG ABOUT IT!! I GAME ALL DAY, EVERY DAY AND EVEN IN MY SLEEP I DREAM ABOUT MY NEXT MOVE!! (DONTCHA LOVE THE OBSESSIVE NATURE OF WORLD IN FLAMES.) (I FEEL FOR THE PAST GENERATIONS WHO ONLY HAD CHESS AND OTHER NEWB GAMES WITH NO ELECTRICITY. WHAT A LIVING HELL).

Germany's unforgivable crime before the Second World War was her attempt to extricate her economy from the world's trading system and to create her own exchange mechanism which would deny world finance its opportunity to profit.
— Winston Churchill

(in reply to Arctic Blast)
Post #: 72
RE: Well This Proves It, You're All Austistic ;) - 4/13/2008 11:08:05 PM   
Erik Rutins

Well, I've been pretty busy for a while with the Kharkov release, but no less than four PMs from four different users today pointed me to this thread. Congratulations, Ravinhood, you finally stepped over the line. This thread was tasteless at the start, but it went way downhill since then. This comment in specific is completely beyond the pale:

"You aren't fooling anyone and I highly doubt you have any terminal illness. First of all why would you think anyone you don't even know here would even care? The last thing I would do is go to some website crying that I'm dying."

Your lack of basic manners and the way you treat our other forum members is unacceptable. Either change course and start being considerate in your online interactions or go find somewhere else to post.

You have earned a two week ban to give you some time to think this over. You can e-mail me at erikr@matrixgames.com after those weeks have passed to request to return to the forum.

Thread locked.

Regards,

- Erik

< Message edited by Erik Rutins -- 4/13/2008 11:13:37 PM >

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to SLAAKMAN)
Post #: 73
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Well This Proves It, You're All Autistic ;) Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI