Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Status Update

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Panzer Command: Kharkov >> Status Update Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Status Update - 4/3/2008 4:30:42 AM   
Erik Rutins

Hi everyone,

Sorry I've been a bit quiet today, unfortunately the good news I was expecting to share isn't quite here yet.

With typical timing, right after I posted that note, being pretty sure that we would be gold within a couple of days, two issues were found in the random campaigns that needed addressing before release. Unfortunately this is an iterative process and the campaigns are testing-intensive. The fixes were made in 24 hours, but necessitated another testing cycle to make sure they are working fine before we can consider calling this gold.

So this release has had one of the longer "almost gold" periods, but it's all good as long as it results in a better game as the end product once you all get your hands on it. We are committed to making sure we are happy with it before we hand it off to you. Having worked on it as long as we have, while we are extremely impatient to release it, we are also dedicated to getting as close to perfect as we can.

I expect the testing will carry us through the weekend at this point, so hopefully I will have good news for you early next week. My expectation is that once we "go gold" it will be only 2-3 days later that you'll be able to buy Panzer Command: Kharkov in our online store. As I said before, the manuals are already printed, boxes ready, etc. so it will not be delayed any further on that side once we sign off on the final master.

Thanks for your patience with our occasional release hiccups, it's all in an effort to give you a better game.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Post #: 1
RE: Status Update - 4/3/2008 11:46:17 AM   
jomni

at least we know the status.
good luck and we're keeping our fingers crossed.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 2
RE: Status Update - 4/3/2008 12:16:06 PM   
jamespcrowley

Far better to go about things this way, than to have to issue countless patches to get the game to work properly, as has been done elsewhere

Cheers

Jim

(in reply to jomni)
Post #: 3
RE: Status Update - 4/3/2008 1:10:19 PM   
elmo3

Thanks for the update.

(in reply to jamespcrowley)
Post #: 4
RE: Status Update - 4/3/2008 2:34:53 PM   
Erik Rutins

Just to clarify one thing, since I know it may be unclear watching from the outside. The game itself is stable, working fine and has been so for months. The issues we've been dealing with have to do with testing and balancing the random campaigns, which is a huge job and unfortunately was the very last on the release list due to when that feature was finished.

Erik Rutins

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to elmo3)
Post #: 5
RE: Status Update - 4/3/2008 3:18:45 PM   
FNG

Thanks for keeping us informed and being prepared to delay a release for the right reasons. Good luck testing

FNG
Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt.

Post #: 6
RE: Status Update - 4/3/2008 7:44:39 PM   
Grell

Hi Erik,

I have patience, although my credit card is over the limit I am looking forward to getting this game. You can take your time as it's evident you need it.

Regards,

Grell

(in reply to FNG)
Post #: 7
RE: Status Update - 4/4/2008 3:40:00 AM   
madorosh

Take your time, Erik; we're not going anywhere. The future of squad-based tactical WW II gaming for the PC is apparently in your hands.

In short, don't mess it up, or you're toast. We'll wait.

(in reply to Grell)
Post #: 8
RE: Status Update - 4/4/2008 4:22:46 AM   
jomni

Erik,

Better keep Micheal Dorosh happy or else he will be all over you.
(Basing on my experience in another forum)

(in reply to madorosh)
Post #: 9
RE: Status Update - 4/4/2008 4:29:40 AM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Michael Dorosh
Take your time, Erik; we're not going anywhere. The future of squad-based tactical WW II gaming for the PC is apparently in your hands.
In short, don't mess it up, or you're toast. We'll wait.

No pressure.

Erik Rutins

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to madorosh)
Post #: 10
RE: Status Update - 4/4/2008 3:29:27 PM   
freeboy

incoming

Post #: 11
RE: Status Update - 4/4/2008 4:25:09 PM   
helm123456789

Since we are getting so close to release I figured now would be the time to ask this question.
For the love of God tell me that there is no scripting of the AI.

I like to design and play my own scenarios and scripting of any part of the AI by me kinda kills the
playability for me.  I know some love the ability to script the AI's moves to perform certain actions,
but I'm not of the same camp.  I just want the AI to figure out how it's going to accomplish some objective without my intervention except for defining said objective.

Also being an owner of Winterstorm gives me a discount which is great.  But will the Winterstorm maps be updated to support the map color code discussed in this thread http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1750360 

Also Erik is there any way to get my old login information for user helm123. I have since changed email providers and can't remember the password.

< Message edited by helm123456789 -- 4/4/2008 4:28:33 PM >

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 12
RE: Status Update - 4/5/2008 12:25:35 AM   
Stridor

No AI scripting.

(in reply to helm123456789)
Post #: 13
RE: Status Update - 4/5/2008 12:51:52 AM   
helm123456789

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stridor

No AI scripting.

Hallelujah

Were in business

(in reply to Stridor)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Panzer Command: Kharkov >> Status Update Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI