From: Vancouver, BC
This is just a quick note to touch base with the fans of Maximum-Football.
Version 2.2 has been out for about a week now and generally it's getting good reviews and feedback. It seems for the most part everyone is happy with the work that was put into the game over the past few months.
There are a few problem areas though and those have been addressed over the past week. Specifically, the major areas I've looked at are;
- Depth Chart Sorting. As reported here: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=1757950 the depth charts have new functionality to sort.
- Passing & and audible calling from non 360 controllers in arcade mode. Fixed
- Fumble Stats I. Specifically, it's been reported that sometimes you can see more fumbles lost than fumbles made. This seems to only show on the league stats pages and not the post game report. This is something I've never been able to reproduce on my side, but I have made some changes that might improve things. In the existing v2.2 all fumbles are shown on the rushing stat category. For sake of clarity I've separated those into receiving and rushing. So if a player fumbles after they've caught the ball, it shows in the receiving stat category. Fumbles that occur during a sack (see below) are still listed as a rushing fumble because there was no pass/reception.
- Fumble Stats II. Fumbles now show up in the game report. While they were showing up properly in the box score at the top of the report, they were not always included in the play-by-play. Now fumbles of all types are shown in the play-by-play.
- Sacks. In the existing v2.2, sacks and fumbles are independent items. So you were either sacked or you fumbled and not both. For the patch that's been changed so you can still record a fumble and sack/tackle on the same play. This only applies to US style fields. Canadian football considers the play either a sack/tackle or a fumble and not both (you can't get credit for the sack if the QB doesn't have the ball). So this remains unchanged for Canadian and Indoor fields.
- Safety touches now properly report in the game report.
- Game Report. As noted above there is some clean up to the Game Report that is generated after a game is played. Most of what MjH reported has been addressed.
- Player Stats Page. The individual player stats page now properly displays.
That is not the complete list, but they are the major ones that have been reported and addressed. I'm currently debating on whether or not to push the update out this week or to give it another week to see if other items are brought up. I would like to avoid releasing a new patch every 2 weeks because that just becomes impossible for anyone to keep up with. But I also understand that a few of these bugs are hindering people from enjoying the game to its fullest.
So I guess the question falls to you, the community. Release a patch by the end of this week with the possiblity of another in a couple of weeks. Or wait another week and see if more things need to be addressed with a patch released mid April that covers everything at once.
Let me know.
[edit - whoops! forgot to include the depth chart changes]
< Message edited by David Winter -- 4/1/2008 1:07:39 AM >