Matrix Games Forums

Come and see us during the Spieltagen in Essen!New Screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTYCommand: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTY is now available!Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta!Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

changing production costs etc

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> changing production costs etc Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
changing production costs etc - 3/28/2008 8:47:47 PM   
dave74

wondering if someone could help me...

i seem to be able to change production costs and other values on scenarios designed by others (i.e. waw) as there is a box to 'click' on to alter these values, but i am unable to change values on my random games or if i go to create a scenario ?

any ideas ?
Post #: 1
RE: changing production costs etc - 3/28/2008 10:06:29 PM   
BULLDOGINTHEUK

You have to detach the masterfile from the settings menu. This allows you to change all the settings of the production of units. Just go into the items menu and you can change the costs of each unit. Hope this helps.

(in reply to dave74)
Post #: 2
RE: changing production costs etc - 3/28/2008 10:08:05 PM   
Rick

quote:

ORIGINAL: dave74

wondering if someone could help me...

i seem to be able to change production costs and other values on scenarios designed by others (i.e. waw) as there is a box to 'click' on to alter these values, but i am unable to change values on my random games or if i go to create a scenario ?

any ideas ?

In order to edit certain things in the editor, you will have to "uncouple" the scenario from the masterfile. Go to the setting screen, click on load master file, then cancel. This will remove the linkage between the master file and the scenario so that you can edit some things.

Rick

(in reply to dave74)
Post #: 3
RE: changing production costs etc - 3/28/2008 10:27:12 PM   
dave74

thanks a lot for the advice guys, much appreciated. One other thing, can you give powerpoints a value of less than 1 ?

for example could i make a rifle unit have a powerpoint value of 0.01, therefore one hundred edited rifle units being equal in power points to one standard rifle unit ?

(in reply to Rick)
Post #: 4
RE: changing production costs etc - 3/29/2008 5:47:14 AM   
Captain Cruft

No, Powerpoints is an integer value. Some parameters will accept floating point but not that one. The editor will prevent you from entering inappropriate values.

(in reply to dave74)
Post #: 5
RE: changing production costs etc - 3/29/2008 11:29:30 AM   
dave74

thanks captain cruft, i was looking at the possibility o f haveing 1 rifle unit = 1 rifleman and so on. i know there would have been a lot of variables to change, but if this cant be changed there is no point.

btw looking forward to your mod being released

(in reply to Captain Cruft)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> changing production costs etc Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI