Matrix Games Forums

Hannibal: Terror of Rome goes into BetaBattle Academy Mega Pack releases on SteamDeal of the Week Da Vinci's Art of WarCivil War II Patch 1.4 public BetaHappy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and Salute
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Gameplay Question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray >> Gameplay Question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Gameplay Question - 3/25/2008 7:54:46 PM   
kentcol

I know these two games have been discussed numerous times before. BUT, which is easier to learn for a complete newbee and easiest to get into, ACW or FOF?
Post #: 1
RE: Gameplay Question - 3/26/2008 1:00:30 PM   
Arsan

Hi

Well, neither is very easy to learn... maybe AACW is a little easier than FOF.
But the main diffrerence between them is the focus.
FOF is grand strategic (politics, production, economy, big regions) with tactical battles (fought on an hex map by turns).
AACW is more operational. You have less politics/porduction possibilities and don't have playable tactical battles but excels in the in bettween scale, military operations: many more regions, and detail on the army structure, rivers, roads, rails, and terrain have much more importance on how you plan and fight your campaigns.
Personaly, i prefer AACW
Regards!

(in reply to kentcol)
Post #: 2
RE: Gameplay Question - 3/27/2008 2:04:37 AM   
Joe D.

FoF's manual is much longer than AACW's, which also has a companion pdf tutorial to walk you through the mechanics of the game. This is esp. handy when learing about making Armies/Corps/Divisions.

Stratford, Connecticut, U.S.A.

"The Angel of Okinawa"

Home of the Chance-Vought Corsair, F4U
The best fighter-bomber of World War II

(in reply to kentcol)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray >> Gameplay Question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI